Telepath Tactics

Mr. Sinister

I only scanned over this topic quickly (not much time right now)

But is this game by any chance related to Telepath RPG, a game by sinister designs I was addicted to a few years or so ago?

EDIT: never mind, followed a link and saw for myself

Edited by whase

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, guys!

But is this game by any chance related to Telepath RPG, a game by sinister designs I was addicted to a few years or so ago?

It takes place in a different part of the same world, features most of the same races, and basically extends the combat principles I established in the earlier titles with...well, you've seen the feature list. wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I've gone ahead and updated the public demo. Among other things:

• The game now has an undo stack that lets you undo more than one move back.
  • Telepath Tactics now supports explosion chains.
  • The enemy AI has been improved a bit.
  • There is now a second large battle in the demo, a much more challenging one with greater diversity of units, attacks and items on display!

Download links and more info are right here: http://www.kickstart...cs/posts/370187

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I haven't played this, but I just looked through the thread (and I watched the video on your Kickstarter a few days ago), and I have a bit of a suggestion about the black space deal. What if, similar to Radiant Dawn (and presumably Path of Radiance, but I haven't played that), you made more of the map than would be playable, but limited cursor and unit movement to where you actually want the units to be able to move? I'm not sure if I explained that very well, sorry!

As for the game itself, from what I've seen it looks very neat. It'll be interesting to see what kind of creativity you can get out of the terraforming mechanic. Maybe I'll grab the demo and try it out to give you more feedback, but I can't contribute money--sorry about that.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess the kick starter didn't meet its goal but there going to try again in march i think. They plan to contact the people who backed before to give it a head start when it starts again and spread the word for now.

Edited by bum_199

• 1 month later...

Hey, folks! I've been hard at work over the past two months making Telepath Tactics better and better; here is the updated "What is Telepath Tactics?" video showing off many of the improvements:

For more details, I've done detailed write-ups for December, January and February detailing the multitude of improvements to the game made over the course of each month. Perhaps the coolest change is that the game now has massively improved dialog and scripting support, with full support for dialog trees, character relationship values, and even branching campaigns.

I'll be updating the alpha demo again in a little over two weeks, when I launch my second attempt at Kickstarting this game. wink.gif

Thoughts? Comments? Let me know below!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the campaign: it's going really, really well!

Here is where we're at right now, as I type:

• $11,211 pledged
  • 74% funded

That's a pretty darn good place to be with 31 days left to go. If you want to be a part of making Telepath Tactics happen, there's still plenty of time. Come on over and check out the campaign page, play the new public demo, and let me know what you think! smile.gif

Edited by Mr. Sinister

This looks awesome, even more than before. Great work--keep up it up.

Quick question, if you get a chance to answer it: I've just pledged $150 upon discovering this here topic and I was wondering if the Producer mention could be say, used on a resume or the like? That was more or less my motivation for it (though designing video games is a personal dream/hobby of 6-7 years so if I could only borrow $2,000 or more, I would definitely go for the Assistant Designer one, haha!).

Edited by Burning Gravity

Guys--we're getting really really close to hitting our funding goal! As I write, we're now less than $750 away from being fully funded. I'm currently taking votes about potential stretch goals, so if you're interested in influencing the direction the game takes, go ahead and make your voice heard.

This looks awesome, even more than before. Great work--keep up it up.

Quick question, if you get a chance to answer it: I've just pledged $150 upon discovering this here topic and I was wondering if the Producer mention could be say, used on a resume or the like? That was more or less my motivation for it (though designing video games is a personal dream/hobby of 6-7 years so if I could only borrow $2,000 or more, I would definitely go for the Assistant Designer one, haha!).

Hey, thanks for your support! I really appreciate it.

It's up to you what you do with that Producer credit--if you want to stick it on a resume, hey: be my guest. (Though when it comes time for an interview, you should probably be prepared to answer questions about what you actually did as a producer... wink.gif )

Bahahaha, that's interesting. I'll have to think about how I use it (I probably won't push my luck).

I just got the e-mail from the KickStarter campaign, all of the stretch goals sound great! If I weren't already in debt I would pledge more but I'll be sure to advertise this on my own Fire Emblem websites when I get the chance.

Best of luck!

And more! I don't know if you saw, but we hit our dungeons stretch goal yesterday. That means the game is now going to support dungeons with scriptable levers, buttons, pressure plates and doors. I posted an update about it, and went into some detail on features you can use in your single player campaign battles. I also created a video showing how the map editor works.

You can see it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1426761469/telepath-tactics-a-strategy-rpg/posts/442081

Hey guys! So, we're now in the last week of the campaign. I posted a new update today talking about some improvements I've been working on to Telepath Tactics. We're getting pretty close to the stretch goal that will allow me to stick procedural battlefield generation into the game. I would use it sparingly (if at all) in the main campaign, but it could be really handy as far as creating campaigns with unpredictable battles and high replayability!

Oh, also, you can now change weather, lighting, fog of war, victory conditions, and other battle settings on the fly. Here's a video showing me fooling around with that (I suggest watching in HD):

There's more, too. Head here to read the full update! http://www.kickstart...pg/posts/448578