Alright so I screwed up all my lovers... help

Nyarlathotep

I finally started FE4 but didn't put much if any research in the game and assumed lovers worked liked supports in the gba series where you have to talk to activate a level. so for the most part I didn't put any effort into paring lovers together on the map and all of the second gen will end up shitty. not wanting to restart and not confident in my pairing abilities I found out their is a lover modifier cheat for action replay but I'm not quite sure how the codes work. for example I attempted to pair leven with tailto so In the cheat code box ( as it is too many characters to put in the cheat address box) I entered his lover code ( minus the **) and assumed I should replace the ** with the last two characters of tailtos lover code, and vice versa. however when I check who they are in love with it now says they are both in love with nobody.

here is the link to the codes page I am using, apparently some codes might be out of order witch doesn't help, any help would really be appreciated I want to finish this game and really enjoy it but am not looking forward to using a bunch of subs or unplayable matches.

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/450/450117p1.html

Whereabouts are you in the game? You can still make plenty of pairings even if you don't start until chapter 5. Every pairing can potentially gain at least 300 LP in chapter 5 alone. Personally, I don't mess around with codes in the SNES games, so I can't give you any tech support.

In any case, even with no pairings, gen 2 is not that difficult. Between Aless, Shanan, Oifaye and Celice later on, you should have enough power to beat anything the game throws at you. It's not like the subs are unusable either, they're just mediocre.

Whereabouts are you in the game? You can still make plenty of pairings even if you don't start until chapter 5. Every pairing can potentially gain at least 300 LP in chapter 5 alone. Personally, I don't mess around with codes in the SNES games, so I can't give you any tech support.

In any case, even with no pairings, gen 2 is not that difficult. Between Aless, Shanan, Oifaye and Celice later on, you should have enough power to beat anything the game throws at you. It's not like the subs are unusable either, they're just mediocre.

I'm in chapter 4, I'm not sure I understand the love system thoroughly. I know they gain growths by standing next to each other and some characters gain a smaller growth with each other regardless. my problem is I have characters who are in love with each other that I don't want or I have 1 person in love with some one ( or near in love) while they love someone else and don't think they can catch up. is there any way to remove love points or something?

I mostly want the characters because I just like thier design and m=want my effort put into their parents to shine though. I find the replacement characters boring and generic. I known I could beat the game but I've sort of lost my motivation.

Thanks for your help, all I really need is someone who knows how the snes9 action replay works or has a better set of codes.

You can use the jealousy system to boost love point gains. About the chars you don't want paired up, I don't really know. You can't take off love points, so the only option is to kill the husband/wife...

Yep if you are at the beginning of chapter 5 you'll need to kill off the husbands ASAP. With some luck the love points for the character you really wants to pair will be high enough and you'll be able to get them. There's the jealousy system that I never really cared about, maybe someone know more than me on this? But it can makes your characters fall in love faster ?

Or you could kill off each and every single one of your female units and play with the substitutes. It's always fun to try new things, just tell yourself your next game will be much easier, is it your first fire emblem game ? Well I'd keep up at least Sylvia alive, there's a boss in a certain chapter that's pretty fucking hard without the Holsety.

I'm in chapter 4, I'm not sure I understand the love system thoroughly. I know they gain growths by standing next to each other and some characters gain a smaller growth with each other regardless. my problem is I have characters who are in love with each other that I don't want or I have 1 person in love with some one ( or near in love) while they love someone else and don't think they can catch up. is there any way to remove love points or something?

I mostly want the characters because I just like thier design and m=want my effort put into their parents to shine though. I find the replacement characters boring and generic. I known I could beat the game but I've sort of lost my motivation.

Thanks for your help, all I really need is someone who knows how the snes9 action replay works or has a better set of codes.

hmm I didn't know you could just kill off the unwanted lover, but for the most part it's not much of an option. the only characters I have right are ira and holyn. I was hoping this love cheat was a godsend

Could you tells us all your others couples ? Maybe they aren't so bad and you can make them usable. Like a Delmudd with Asvel as a father can be a brute with the Wind Sword. You need to at least have a son for Levin and a son for Briggid.

For the snes9x? I managed to figure out how it works after messing with it. I'm definitely not an expert on this, but I will do my best to help you out.

1b18128f27404d22937f3a1.png

The lover digits past 09 cannot be entered as the values listed here. You're not allowed to input them as such because the new value section seems to only accept numbers, not letters. 0a is 10, 0b is 11, 0c is 12, 0d is 13, 0e is 14, and 0f is 15. Those numbers afterwards (10-18) are shifted up to 16-24. I'm going to use Levin and Tiltyu as an example. Levin's code is 08, as it is listed, but Tiltyu's lover code must be input as 21, because 15 is really 0f (Dew).

So the full code would be Levin's lover modifier code with Tiltyu's lover digits for Levin and Tiltyu's lover modifier code with Levin's lover digits.

7e2aac21 for Levin and 7e2a1c08 for Tiltyu.

In order to get started, go to cheats, then click on 'Search for New Cheats(active)'. A small window that looks like this should come up:

ce6513182472482e937eac1.png

From here you have two options. You can search through the cheats manually to find the code you're looking for, but that's really tedious. I recommend performing a search for the code by doing the following:

Under the 'Comparison Type' section, change the selected comparison type to =(equal to). Under the 'Compare To' section, change it to entered address. It should look exactly like the picture I provided above. In the search bar where it says Enter a Value, enter in the code you're trying to find. For example, you'd enter Levin's lover code modifier (without the xx at the end). I did so in the image above as well. After you enter the code in the search bar, click the search button. The address should come up. The goal here is to change the current value of the cheat to the lover digit of the person you want Levin to be in love with. Click on it and it should be highlighted. The add cheat button below the search button will become clickable. Click on it. Put the lover code in the new value section. It should look like this:

dd6d599c83964693b2f08d2.png

Click ok

264a9abfa3fd4264998b5b4.png

In my example, Levin was already in love with Tiltyu so I changed the digit to 15 just to demonstrate the process.

Note: The fortune teller does not seem to acknowledge lovers obtained this way. When I had Levin paired with Dew, it said he didn't have feelings for anyone. I tried it with Aideen too, and the result was the same. For all intents and purposes, both Dew and Aideen acted as Levin's lover. Levin could use the give command and had the lover bonus when standing within 3 spaces of them.

Levin could even get lover criticals from them even though Aideen and Dew were not in love with Levin and had other lovers:

76527190f7b54032b007698.png

Now to change it back to 21...

29249393ff6643b7b5ffe84.png

Tiltyu is his lover again. Now you have to do the same for Tiltyu. Make sure to click the reset button before you search for another code. Search for Tiltyu's lover modifier code, 7e2a1c. Put 08 (Levin's lover digit) in the new value section, click Ok. Now they should both be in love with each other.

If you pair a mother with someone this way, the game will still register them as being paired even though the fortune teller doesn't say they're bound to each other. Don't let that bother you; you'll get the children as you would if you had paired the parents normally. In case anyone is curious, pairing two mothers with each other yields two sets of subs. xP

I hope this helps... Sorry if it's confusing.

EDIT: Oh, I figured out why it doesn't accept letters. If you want to use the lover digits as they are listed in the guide, you have to change the data type (it's right under the compare to section) to hexadecimal.

Edited by Momentai~

• 6 years later...
On 10/13/2012 at 3:00 PM, Momentai~ said:

For the snes9x? I managed to figure out how it works after messing with it. I'm definitely not an expert on this, but I will do my best to help you out.

Reveal hidden contents

1b18128f27404d22937f3a1.png

The lover digits past 09 cannot be entered as the values listed here. You're not allowed to input them as such because the new value section seems to only accept numbers, not letters. 0a is 10, 0b is 11, 0c is 12, 0d is 13, 0e is 14, and 0f is 15. Those numbers afterwards (10-18) are shifted up to 16-24. I'm going to use Levin and Tiltyu as an example. Levin's code is 08, as it is listed, but Tiltyu's lover code must be input as 21, because 15 is really 0f (Dew).

So the full code would be Levin's lover modifier code with Tiltyu's lover digits for Levin and Tiltyu's lover modifier code with Levin's lover digits.

7e2aac21 for Levin and 7e2a1c08 for Tiltyu.

In order to get started, go to cheats, then click on 'Search for New Cheats(active)'. A small window that looks like this should come up:

Reveal hidden contents

ce6513182472482e937eac1.png

From here you have two options. You can search through the cheats manually to find the code you're looking for, but that's really tedious. I recommend performing a search for the code by doing the following:

Under the 'Comparison Type' section, change the selected comparison type to =(equal to). Under the 'Compare To' section, change it to entered address. It should look exactly like the picture I provided above. In the search bar where it says Enter a Value, enter in the code you're trying to find. For example, you'd enter Levin's lover code modifier (without the xx at the end). I did so in the image above as well. After you enter the code in the search bar, click the search button. The address should come up. The goal here is to change the current value of the cheat to the lover digit of the person you want Levin to be in love with. Click on it and it should be highlighted. The add cheat button below the search button will become clickable. Click on it. Put the lover code in the new value section. It should look like this:

Reveal hidden contents

dd6d599c83964693b2f08d2.png

Click ok

Reveal hidden contents

264a9abfa3fd4264998b5b4.png

In my example, Levin was already in love with Tiltyu so I changed the digit to 15 just to demonstrate the process.

Note: The fortune teller does not seem to acknowledge lovers obtained this way. When I had Levin paired with Dew, it said he didn't have feelings for anyone. I tried it with Aideen too, and the result was the same. For all intents and purposes, both Dew and Aideen acted as Levin's lover. Levin could use the give command and had the lover bonus when standing within 3 spaces of them.

Levin could even get lover criticals from them even though Aideen and Dew were not in love with Levin and had other lovers:

Reveal hidden contents

76527190f7b54032b007698.png

Now to change it back to 21...

Reveal hidden contents

29249393ff6643b7b5ffe84.png

Tiltyu is his lover again. Now you have to do the same for Tiltyu. Make sure to click the reset button before you search for another code. Search for Tiltyu's lover modifier code, 7e2a1c. Put 08 (Levin's lover digit) in the new value section, click Ok. Now they should both be in love with each other.

If you pair a mother with someone this way, the game will still register them as being paired even though the fortune teller doesn't say they're bound to each other. Don't let that bother you; you'll get the children as you would if you had paired the parents normally. In case anyone is curious, pairing two mothers with each other yields two sets of subs. xP

I hope this helps... Sorry if it's confusing.

EDIT: Oh, I figured out why it doesn't accept letters. If you want to use the lover digits as they are listed in the guide, you have to change the data type (it's right under the compare to section) to hexadecimal.

Do you have a number list for all the characters?