General RP Chat

Inactive Account

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its to bad for me then, its not like there is anything i could do about it, but i hope the roleplays that are currently going turn out good...

i could, but saddly im not sure which current ones are open... or which could be a good one for me to do... or mabey im just to stubborn to not be a bride, nah... i can be something other then a bride, but i would like some help for what roleplay i could do.... think you could give some ideas? if thats.... not a problem for you... that is..

She could also try to start his own. It's seriously not that hard to do. So many people just fail at it because they forget to add in details, like what nations even exist in the world.

Edited by Snowy_One

She could also try to start his own. It's seriously not that hard to do. So many people just fail at it because they forget to add in details, like what nations even exist in the world.

which is... probably why... if i started one... i would do... nothing... but disappoint... the players.... and i.... wouldnt like that.... if all i did... was bore them...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so it seems that the RPs here have stats and etc, instead of just being story format like I'm used to. I'd like to start one but I'm confuzzled on it.

Can people use more than one character?

If I have to, can I just do story format without stats?

I'm going to speak on Return of the Emblem since most familiar on it. You can have multiple characters, but you can only have one to start with, further approvals will be based on post history and such further down the line. As for noncoms, they aren't unheard of, but you'd need to work out context as to why a noncombatant would choose to travel with them/be allowed to stay. If you're looking to be fight capable you'll pretty well need to figure out the stat system(it's not very difficult to pick up really) Other RPs are better spoken for by others.

Most RPs let you have more than one character with conditions. Return of the Emblem has a one character per chapter limit. And you can create NPCs (as in characters that won't fight) if you want, if you're that afraid of stats. (they really aren't that scary trust me you get over it).

That's about it. If you want to start your OWN RP, then have at whatever you want. No rules other than keep it PG13. You can have it without stats and just do whatever.

EDIT: well ether made my post ALMOST useless but he didn't touch on making your own RP so HAH!

Edited by I have opinions

That's about it. If you want to start your OWN RP, then have at whatever you want. No rules other than keep it PG13. You can have it without stats and just do whatever.

That's good to know. The stat system is intriguing anyway...how does it work, exactly? Does somebody roll a dice to see what happens?

Each RP has a different stat system. Mine is based on Fire Emblem, so it's played just like the game.

Return of the Emblem is based on its own system, so it has its own rules. The intro topic should be in the RP page, so feel free to go look at it. It explains it well enough.

Edited by I have opinions

it's pretty basic. you roll up a character(and any of us in your RP of choice can help you with it), and then combat is simple, you roll 3d6 and add the appropriate numbers.

edit: 3d6 is rote/bts specific I suppose derp

Edited by Ether

• 5 weeks later...

I have no objection, but maybe it would be best to 'streamline' it a bit? Like break it down into things like...

1) Forum Suggestions (what to keep in mind when making an RP, useful sites, and the like)

2) General RP advise.

3) RP specifics (I.E. things specific to RotE, LoaF, and whatever).

4) 'Lesser' notes (things that may not be important but can add a lot of realism, like the horse advise).

• 2 weeks later...

It's not you. I just have awful memories of one particular RP with no stats.

I'm used to statless RPs...yeah, they can get ugly sometimes. People like to god mode and use mary sues. BUT if you're with a group of more experienced writers/have a GM that doesn't tolerate that kind of shit, then it can be just as fun as with stats.