General RP Chat

Inactive Account

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, gonna go with mostly real with a few tweaks here and there. I'll take a few suggestions for alternate country names if that's the direction this heads in, keeping New Zealand though.

UPDATE: The squad has been turned into a coalition force. Pick a country that fought on the side of the allies that you can reasonably justify and go with that. More info to come later

• 5 months later...

Because there has not been nearly enough of my particular brand of insanity with the slowness of my particapated RPs, I felt the burning need to foster it off on all of you to remind yourselves just how lucky you'd be to never be in my mind.

For this setting there is a pantheon of Nine Gods. When a person is born, they have a Birth Mark corresponding to one of the Nine, or in some cases are borne Markless. The choice of Birth Mark would give a small starting stat bonus, along with a level in "Devotion" to the God. In addition to the normal uses of Experience, a Player could use it to increase "Devotion" to a God(or Markless) and gain new abilities, with the abilities from their Birth Mark God being cheaper. There are five levels of "Devotion". The first three are available for anyone, the fourth level ability can only be achieved for the Birth Mark God, and the fifth level would only be reachable by those who were "Fully Devoted" to a God and only raised their Birth Mark God's abilities. The Full Devotion Abilities are very powerful to make up for a lack of overarching specialization.

Each class starts out with an Ability, can gain more Abilities from Devotion levels, as well as a small pool of Generic Abilities for everyone.

So, without further adieu, here's the first class I've completed their whole set of Abilities(on a basic level. actual number calculations to be used later probably never because I never finish anything)

Vanguard: The first warriors to the fight, and the last to leave. Despite holding 'guard' in their name, they are closer to Brave than Guardian.
Ability: First to Fight: Increased damage against a target with full HP.
Balance: Even Clash: Increased Defense against targets not at Full HP.
-Even Return: Increased Evade against targets not at Full HP.
-Even Relief: The Vanguard restores half the HP lost if an enemy not at Full HP damages them on the Opposing Phase.
-Even Stance: During the Opposing Phase, the Vanguard cannot be attacked by a target they have damaged, unless no other targets are available.
-Balance's Vanguard: The Vanguard cannot be attacked by enemies with a higher Current HP than the Vanguard unless there are no other targets.
Brave: Steadfast Might: Increases damage as HP lowers.
-Steadfast Accuracy: Increases Hit as HP lowers.
-Steadfast Risk: Increases Critical Chance as HP lowers.
-Steadfast Eternal: Doubles the bonuses of the previous Vanguard Brave Marks.
-Brave's Vanguard: When KOed, the Vanguard remains in combat. During their next Aligned Phase, they are allowed to take an Action irregardless of the Actions Limit. For the rest of the battle, they have all the Brave Mark Vanguard effects activated. For every enemy they KO, they restore HP equal to how many enemies they have KOed in the current battle. If the Vanguard is KOed again, it is treated as if they were KOed normally.
Faith: Fervor Charge: Upon defeat of a target, may launch another attack. This ability is not capped on continuous uses, but for every attack launched after the second target is defeated, the Vanguard's Current HP is halved. If the Vanguard cannot halve their HP, they cannot continue. All attacks done by Frevor Charge must be done in one post.
-Fierce Charge: During Frevor Charge, the Vanguard may halve their Current HP before an attack to use First to Fight against a target regardless of their HP.
-Staggered Charge: The Vanguard may now stagger their Frevor Charge attacks and not continue them all in one post. This will allow allies to heal the Vanguard or set more enemies up for Frevor Charge.
-Undaunted Charge: The Vanguard cannot be KOed during Frevor Charge.
-Faith's Vanguard: During Frevor Charge, the Vanguard no longer loses HP, and instead restores HP for each enemy they KO. The HP restored is equal to how much HP the Vanguard reduces the target under 0.
Guardian: Counter: When attacked, add an additional counter with normal battle calculation.
-Reflex Counter: When damaged, roll a Hit die, if the Vanguard successfully hits, deal base Might against their Full Def as damage. This ability still activates even if the Vanguard is KOed.
-Force Parry: If the Vanguard damages the attacker, the Vanguard's Evade is doubled against any subsequent attacks.
-Preempt: The Vanguard's Counter now occurs before the attacker's first attack.
-Guardian's Vanguard: Command Unlimited. Redirects all opposing attacks to the Vanguard for the Opposing Phase until the Vanguard is KOed.
Justice: Retribution: If an ally is KOed, the Vanguard may attack the ally's KOer as if First to Fight was active.
-Retribution of the Lost: If an ally is KOed, the Vanguard may attack all who struck the ally as if First to Fight as active.
-Endless Retribution: If an ally is KOed, the Vanguard may attack any enemy that attacked that Phase as if First to Fight is active.
-Full Retribution: If an ally is KOed, the Vanguard may attack any enemy as if First to Fight was active for one attack, then default back to the previous tiers of Retribution. This ability refreshes for each ally KOed.
-Justice's Vanguard: If any ally is currently KOed, the Vanguard may attack any enemy as if First to Fight was active.
Knowledge: Force Recon: When the Vanguard with Force Recon damages a target, other Vanguards may choose to damage the target as if First to Fight was active regardless of the target's HP. Only one Vanguard Recon Ability can be applied or used at a time.
-Assured Recon: When the Vanguard with Force Recon damages a target, other Vanguards may choose to automatically hit the target. Only one Vanguard Recon Ability can be applied or used at a time.
-Strike Recon: When the Vanguard with Force Recon damages a target, other Vanguards may choose to automatically critical the target. Only one Vanguard Recon Ability can be applied or used at a time.
-Crippling Recon: When the Vanguard with Force Recon damages a target, other Vanguards may automatically double the target. Only one Vanguard Recon Ability can be applied or used at a time.
-Knowledge's Vanguard: When the Vanguard damages a target, all allies may attack the Target as if all Vanguard Knowledge Marks are active.
Love: Deflector: Command Unlimited. Select an ally, when the Vanguard attacks a target, the target cannot attack that ally on their next action, unless no other targets are available.
-Selective Deflection: Command Unlimited. Select a class, when the Vanguard damages a target, the target cannot affect that class(ally or enemy) on their next action, unless no other targets are available.
-Deflect of Ire: Command Unlimited. When the Vanguard attacks a target, at least one of the target's class must attack the Vanguard on the next Aligned Phase.
-Forceful Deflecting: Command Unlimited. When the Vanguard attacks a target, the target must attack the Vanguard on their Aligned Phase. If the Vanguard is KOed before the attack, the target will use up an Action uselessly.
-Love's Vanguard: At the start of the Battle, the Vanguard must select one ally. For the battle, the Vanguard will always apply the benefits of Deflector and Selective Deflection to that ally and ally class, in addition to being able to apply those Abilities normally. If any enemy attacks the benefactor of Love's Vanguard, the Vanguard gains the benefits of First to Fight against that enemy regardless of attacker HP.
Markless: Last Strike: When the Vanguard is KOed, launch one final attack against the KOer as if First to Fight was active.
-Last to Fall: If the Vanguard is the last ally to be KOed during their Phase, they can damage their KOer as if First to Fight was active for the rest of the battle.
-Last Rites: When the Vanguard is KOed, launch a normal attack against each enemy who damaged the Vanguard before they were KOed that specific time.
-Last to Leave: If the Vanguard is the last character to be KOed during the Turn, they are restored from KO with 1 HP at the start of the next Turn.
-Markless Vanguard: Whenever an ally is KOed while the Vanguard is also KOed, the Vanguard returns to combat with HP equal to how much damage the ally took.
Power: Full Power: Command2. Strike a target as if First to Fight was active regardless of target HP.
-Conserved Power: Command2. Attack last in your Phase to attack any enemy as if First to Fight was active.
-Wild Power: The Vanguard can attack a target as if First to Fight is active, if the action order they are attacking from is equal to the current Turn of battle.
-Selective Power: The Vanguard can attack a target that it can guarantee KO with First to Fight as if the ability was active.
-Power's Vanguard: The Vanguard's First to Fight attacks are now automatic critical attacks and automatic hits.
Temperance: Relief Strike: When the Vanguard does not attack for a Turn, they may attack a target as if First to Fight was active regardless of target HP.
-Relief Defense: When the Vanguard does not attack for a Turn, their defense during their next attack is increased.
-Relief Vigor: When the Vanguard does not attack for a Turn, half of their missing HP is restored before their next attack.
-Relief Might: When the Vanguard does not attack for a Turn, their next attack prevents the target from attacking next Phase.
-Temperance's Vanguard: When a Vanguard does not attack for a Turn, they redirect one enemy attack to them and take no damage.
Truth: Jolt: When First to Fight activates, prevents the Birth Mark stat bonuses from applying to the target for the Turn. HP Marks take extra damage in the form of two damage per one bonus hit point.
-Inspire: When First to Fight activates, the Vanguard is immune to the target's class' Mark Abilities until the end of the Turn.
-Shock: When First to Fight activates, stun the target for the Turn.
-Awe: When First to Fight activates, prevents target's class from attacking the Vanguard for the Turn. If the Vanguard is the last ally left, this ability has no effect.
-Truth's Vanguard: When First to Fight activates, prevents the target's class from benefiting from any Mark Abilities(their own or allies) until the end of the Turn.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually had an RP design sort of laid out for that. It was to be a gladiator-style RP set in ancient Rome with the RPers serving as gladiators in an arena for show and sport. Was meant to be a PvPvE type RP (player vs. player vs. environment) where tons of different match-ups and alliances could be forced.

Edit: If you want, I can send you the notes. Lord knows that, if I tried something again, it would be trolled hard into the ground.

Edited by Snowy_One

• 9 months later...

I've been trying to find a way to, I should say, "pierce the veil" of the RP area here for a while now and this seems the best place to do it. This thread is pinned and posts after a long about haven't seemed to gain the ire of necroposting that such prolonged absences of posting would cause. In fact a few posts above me is a gap of about 5 months in between posts. I apologize in advance if I should have made a new thread to ask about this but that leads to the issue I wanted to bring up.

I've been looking around for a few days and trying to see a way to get in the the RPing scene here after lurking for a little while, but it's just all so insurmountable. There seem to be 7 (RotE, LoAF, Fronteir, Magvel 803 Alternate Story, BtS, WW, Masquerade) RPs going on right now and they all seem so far along (Chapter 12, Final Chapter, Act 2 Chapter 1, Part 2, etc). I'm just not certain where to start in this whole area and the only things I could think to do would be to try and catch a glimpse of a new RP starting, which may not happen soon given how many RPs there already are, or just find someplace to ask.

So I finally decided to do the latter and ask. Where do I begin to pull back the curtain of SF Forum RPing?

Unknown tier (you'll have to ask other people):

Return of the Emblem

Magvel 803

Masquerade (dunno if he's still accepting applications)

Probably not tier:

Lord of Azure Flame (final battle's going on ATM)

Wretched Whispers (unless SB and Rein changed their minds)

That leaves Frontier and Beneath the Shadows. I suggest PMing Parrhesia and scorri/Snike (both of them) and ask them whether or not they'd be willing to fit someone else in. Both of those RPs are currently in a town/city.

As for those in the Unknown tier, I don't know how many people seph wants in Masquerade, and I don't follow Magvel 803 or Return of the Emblem. I think you'd have the best luck PMing their respective GMs.

Thank you. That seems like a good place to start, and now I'm thinking that it probably wasn't in my best interest to post this right when I need to go to sleep, but the tiredness helped me overcome the anxiety of not wanted to disturb the waters to ask. Still, I can look at them over the weekend and people have time to swoop in and say if another RP is starting soon that I should wait to join. I'd rather not have people change plans to accommodate me just because I seem impatient. I don't want to make a bad first impression, hence the apprehension to begin with.

I posted this in part as a way to show how my interest was being stifled by the seemingly insurmountable wall of the large amount of large RPs happening. I've been RPing for over 10 years and it just felt weird that I was having trouble figuring out what to do here.

I can confirm that now is a good time to join Frontier, given as everyone's more or less fucking around in the city and someone new's going to join up soon anyway.

how many people seph

who?

Hi Ceviannnnnnn

RotE is p. fun, BtS too. M's full and will be for a while. Frontier's always taking new people but it's less high fantasy more medeival no magic fantasy.

Magvel 803 is full too I think? Unless someone dies I don't think you could get in.

WW is at a standstill because the RPers are too lazy.

and LoAF is in its final battle so it'd be pointless to show up there.

I would suggest RotE and BtS, since you've always seemed like the kinda guy who enjoys ye olde sword and sorcery kinda stuff.

I'm in both so I get to bother you either way \ '3'/

who?

Hi Ceviannnnnnn

RotE is p. fun, BtS too. M's full and will be for a while. Frontier's always taking new people but it's less high fantasy more medeival no magic fantasy.

Magvel 803 is full too I think? Unless someone dies I don't think you could get in.

WW is at a standstill because the RPers are too lazy.

and LoAF is in its final battle so it'd be pointless to show up there.

I would suggest RotE and BtS, since you've always seemed like the kinda guy who enjoys ye olde sword and sorcery kinda stuff.

I'm in both so I get to bother you either way \ '3'/

Hi Seph-

Wait

"Ceviannnnnnn"

N-not "Cevevian!?" WHO ARE YOU!?

Anyway:

>RotE is p. fun, BtS too.

RotE just seems so loooooooooooong it would be hard to catch up. BtS does seem a bit more manageable in that regard.

>M's full and will be for a while.

Fair enough

>Frontier's always taking new people but it's less high fantasy more medeival no magic fantasy.

I can confirm that now is a good time to join Frontier, given as everyone's more or less fucking around in the city and someone new's going to join up soon anyway.

Thank's for letting me know, but he's right. I'm more a High Fantasy person.

>Magvel 803 is full too I think? Unless someone dies I don't think you could get in.

>WW is at a standstill because the RPers are too lazy.

>and LoAF is in its final battle so it'd be pointless to show up there.

Ah, ok.

>I would suggest RotE and BtS, since you've always seemed like the kinda guy who enjoys ye olde sword and sorcery kinda stuff.

>I'm in both so I get to bother you either way \ '3'/

Ok then, I'll take a look at those first. As I've said, RotE looks so loooonnnnnnngggg and it's one of the examples of something just being seemingly insurmountable as I was talking about. I'd probably want to read the entire archive of whatever RP I join, and it's at 171 pages. Buuuuuuuuutttttt it's closer to the more standard FE Style RP I'm looking for right now, what with BtS's DnD races and such.

Is it too late to just ask "When's the next cool RP starting?" >.<

171 pages? No my friend, that's only for the current chapter. The REAL archive would consist of every chapter thus far, which would probably equate to roughly 600~1000 pages. So yeah, it's probably not worth trying to read all that, even if you end up joining. Haha, I can't speak for Phoenix (the GM) but I don't think he'd expect you to read any of it. The most I think would be to familiarize yourself with the world lore and maybe catch up on the "current events".

RotE and BtS actually have a very similar stats/battle mechanic so if you're looking for the newest RP, I think BtS is your best bet. You could always join both, but I'm in BtS so I gotta plug that. ;] We're actually REALLY early into the story and not too much has happened. It's at a point where every major plot point could probably be listed out in a page on a document. RP's generally don't start up here that often so if you plan on waiting for a straight up new RP you might have to wait for a while. And heck, the number of active BtSers is so small right now, you could join and by the next chapter we'd think you were here since the prologue.

I didn't see any older threads lying around, easy to find so I thought people just renamed the thread to show progress. Wow, 1000 pages? That's... much. At least to start off.

Still, I just saw the other two threads for BtS and one of them was 68 pages long. At this point maybe reading the whole archive of either is a bad thing, and if I'm not reading either Archive then... What's to keep me from joining both?

I'd recommend BtS over RotE. The amount of backstory you have to be aware of to have any context of any actions in RotE was overwhelming even a year ago. That said, if you think you can manage that, more power to you.

Speaking as someone who has been in RotE since it started and being of a similar mindset (I like thoroughly knowing what I'm getting into before I join something,) I recommend starting a PM with -Cynthia- and Phoenix, if you're interested in joining. They're always working hard to be clear on contextual and canon things, and work with rpers who have an idea they want realized in the rp. As for pre-PM reading, I'd recommend reading the OP and the RoTE sections of the Useful Notes thread. That should give you a fair idea of the world's construct so you can start asking the GMs questions and getting yourself settled in. Depending on where your character(s) is/are from, he/she/they may not know about all that's been happening in the rp so far, or know only part of it, or even some inaccurate telling of some of it. So, knowing everything about all that's happened may not actually be necessary if you don't want to get all of the summaries and have to read them.

But yeah, I'd say that should get you off to a good start and the GM's can and will certainly be willing to work with you on any questions you have. :)

RotE is long, but you don't actually need to read everything leading up to the current chapter. You should read the OP, the countries, and the useful notes section on RotE, but reading all the chapters isn't necessary. I mean, if you want to because you're bored, go ahead, but like Cynthia said, they (the GMs) have summaries, and you only really need to know recent events. They can both help to introduce your character if you can't figure out a way to get them in yourself, and it's generally fairly easy to do so.

speh is dead

And it's fun!

And that's the most important part.

so Scorri if you leave BtS can we take it over and keep going or

Edited by I have opinions

• 2 months later...

What are you looking for in an RP?

presumably a roleplay where i can be a character in a brides dress, not that im asking to use all of the skills of a bride, just a bow and lance, since i havent done a fire emblem roleplay yet, i hope i could roleplay in a group that helps give me a good idea of how to make my character... i hope this isnt to much for me to ask for a roleplay to look for.