Can some update me on the geography in Awakening?

HeartTranquil

As this is my first FE game - I found it really confusing to understand the relationships between the different kingdoms... I tried looking at the history of past games but OMG its like taking history courses all over again... too complicated.

So this is what I get:

1. There is the Holy Kingdom of Iris? So this is a kingdom? Or is this a country? Krom is the prince of this Kingdom and the next-to-be Emperor. So this Iris Kingdom

2. The reason I ask is because there the Kingdom of Warm and the emperor is Valhart. And apparently, Sonshin, which was was located in Warm, was formerly ruled by Lenha and Sairi is the former princess of Sonshin. So Sonshin is a country? How can a country exist in a kingdom? So confusing.

3. Please tell me where Sonshin is. And how come Sonshin can exist in a Kingdom who already has a ruler?

4. And Viole comes from some other Kindgom that we don't know of? So Viole is a king right?

5. Finally. Marth. So Marth is the hero king or something. And he was the person who formed the Holy Kingdom of Iris thousands of years ago?

So in this FE world, there are only 5 major Kingdoms. Iris, Warm, Viole's kingdom, Perezia and Felia.

Please help me! So confused.

Let's see:

1, Yes, there's a Holy Kingdom of Iris. It's a kingdom. Krom is a prince here, and the ruler is his sister, Emelina.

2, Warm, a continent-wide nation, is ruled by Valhart. Sonshin is a former kingdom located at southwest Warm, and it used to be a soverign state before Warm took over.

3, See above.

4, Viole is less of a king and more of a lord with a given piece of land. That land, along with the country it's from, is conquered by Valhart like everywhere else in Warm.

5, Marth is not the first Holy King. The first Holy King is Marth's descendant who sealed Gimle 1000 years ago. So to recap: Anri ---(100 years)---> Marth ---(1000 years)---> first Holy King ---(1000 years)---> Emelina ---> Krom

There are 4 nations by the time the story takes place. Iris, Perezia and Felia on the continent of Iris, and Warm on the continent of Warm.

(Edited to reflect Anri's time before Marth - thanks Othin)

Edited by nocturnal YL

Wow thanks heaps!

So I guess I can treat Lenha and Sairi as lords/nobles who reside in Warm under the rule of Valhart? Is that a logical assumption?

Thank you, I have a specific question regarding Tiki. How old is she exactly? When was she born? And how many years did she actually spend asleep? And how come she ended up as the priestess of Warm? From what I've read, she is born at the time of Anri? Put to sleep then awakened during Marth's time, then put to sleep again until a few centuries before the start of the timeline in Awakening? Pls correct me if I am wrong...

Corrected. I remembered 1000 years...

Lenha is less of a noble and more of a fallen king taken hostage and manipulated by Warm's forces. He's forced to fight against Krom's forces who opposes Warm's invasion, which is expanding to the continent of Iris.

Edited by nocturnal YL

To answer your second question regarding a country inside a kingdom; just look at England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales (countries) being part of the United Kingdom as an example.