FE Confessions....Say What?

Loki Laufeyson

I shower Soren with favouritism, even though if I'm playing Path of Radiance he is nothing but a staffbot after promotion because he never makes it to the battlefield. I usually only make it to B rank in any of his magic types despite him usually being in my top 5 of kills.

I think Soren has the best character arc of any FE character, though he did have the benefit of being an important character of two games. I also think he is gay and is in love with Ike, but that is not the primary reason I like Soren, or even the reason I like Soren at all. I just think he's fascinating and contrasts the cast of all the Fire Emblem games I've played.

I knew there was a reason i liked you. :P:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There needs to be a homosexual male in FE. selfpromotionofmyhackthatisgoingnowhere

I'd have sex with a lot of the FE men. If they were real. I wouldn't go all fanficy on them.

Hawkeye? :wub: I DON'T CARE IF HE HAS A DAUGHTER

Hacking is all about coding and looots of numbers. And lots of game crashing. And good luck finding Sothe in the PoR memory banks. Your luck would probably have to be maxed out if you wish to be lucky enough to find him or the skill set address for Blossom.

809291E4 - Sothe

Put in Search box in USBGecko. Hit search. Profit.

Or if you don't have such hardware, in the Unit Prep screen, take out everyone but Ike. Then put in Sothe.

He will automatically be put in the second unit slot, which you simply add 0x280 to Ike's addresses to modify.

Go to the 10th skill slot:

Skill Set A

00: Nothing

+01: Reinforce

+02: Boon

+04: Blessing

+08: Blossom

+10: Aether

+20: Can't class change

+40:

+80: Longbow Equippable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiQJTCT27MQ

Profit.

And my Luck Stat?

I have horrible luck in real life.

HorribleLuck.png

That luck stat was a 5 before I used some luck stat booster items. And it's still horrible at 11 for a promoted level 14 unit.

It freaking fits.

So your statement is moot.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm not actually a Mia fanboy. Just someone who didn't think she sucked back in the old gamefaqs tierlists.

I REALLY don't hate Mist. Honest to God. Just the supporters who dump a lot of things onto her for the SS and then refuse to even look at Mia getting anything for anything.

I never understood FE10 tiering thanks to the BEXP.

lol.. I got controversial opinions! Let's see...

GENERAL

- I dislike most wimpy overly dependent or docile characters, especially if they are crybabies on top of that

- mage fighters (Tinny) and rangers (Raven, Harken, Gerik, Ike) are probably my favourite types of units even though I technically don't have a favourite character from them and they don't get much use from me! lol

- I am not the most attentive player and make lots of mistakes because of poor planning, but that doesn't stop me from plowing through hard modes! (I haven't played any crazy maniac modes though)

- I am not one of those people that cares that much about tiers and efficiency/speed runs and that kind of stuff

- I tend to use whatever character I like, even if they are a sucker stats wise

- I am elitist enough that if you whine about easy or normal mode being too hard, I will think you are a baby (I won't say it to your face, but it will be in my heart!) lol

- I like knives and think they should totally be added back in

- not a fan of incest or student-teacher kind of romances

- my favourite Fire Emblem character artist so far is Senri Kita

- really dislike Masamune Shirow's designs

- I tend to have a bias against main lead characters from ANY media, so this extends to lords in Fire Emblem games, but there are exceptions now and again

- I sometimes make "lackeys" out of units that I think are kind of unimportant but I like the faces of or something arbitrary like that, and just nurture and train them for the heck of it. It mostly happens with games that have little story or I can't read due to not being localized yet lol

GAME SPECIFIC (btw, I know some of my hate is more irrational than anything lol)

- FE1-3: Haven't played

- FE4/5: I dislike Lachesis, Shanan, Nanna

- FE4/5: I dislike Holyn x Ayra (Ayra x Lex or Ayra x Noish all the way!), Sylvia x Claude (though sometimes I just do it anyway to give Corple the staff), Dew x Brigid (though it sometimes happens to just give Patty the stealing skill)

- I think Ayra, Lex, Noish, Arthur, and Leaf are cool

- Asbel, Ronan, and Kain are my "lackeys" in FE5 that I like to nurture

- FE4 is my favourite game in the series because of the characters and baby breeding

- FE6/7: I dislike Florina, Karel, Karla, Ninian, Priscilla

- I think Hector, Rath, Nino, Farina, Canas, Louise, and Pent are extra cool

- I dislike Florina x Hector (Farina x Hector forever~!)

- FE8: I dislike Myrrh, Neimi, Artur

- I think Cormag, Knoll, L'Arachel, and Lute are extra cool

- Ephraim and Eirika are probably my least liked lords

- I consider FE8 a "gaiden" game and don't take it as seriously as other FE entries

- FE9/10: I dislike Soren, Ilyana, Astrid, Makalov, Sephiran

- I think Calill, Shinon, Volke, Tibarn, Reyson, Micaiah and Nolan are extra cool

- FE10 kind of made me annoyed of Ike because I've had enough of his adventures and him being the big hero, though I like him in general

- I don't think of Micaiah as a Mary-Sue, mainly cuz she's a magic unit lord and dislikes Ike lol (but she also gets into a lot of trouble and isn't present for most of the game, which sucks)

- I dislike Jill x Haar (looks like niece x uncle), Micaiah x Sothe (weird adopted sibling turning to attraction thing), but I accept them as canon because they are lol

- I like the Dawn Brigade because I like how pitiful they are compared to the Greil Mercenaries--it's more realistic to me since they are a rag tag startup revolutionary group, plus the added challenge of winning with them is more satisfying

- I might like FE10 slightly more than FE9 because it's harder and has the larger cast to play with, despite the lack of meaningful support convos and background stories for new characters

- FE11: disliked the game in general, so it took me almost a year to finally get around to beating it, but I did it!

- Castor was my "lackey" in FE11 that I liked to nurture

- I dislike Navarre, Tiki

- FE12: never got to play because they never localized it :(

- FE13: haven't played it yet, but I think while the gameplay will be solid, I'll probably dislike the overall cast and plot. It gives me a "gaiden" vibe.

Edited by Prax

I don't care for FE5. I mostly played it due to everyone saying it was so great and also it adds more to the FE4 story. I'm on chapter 18 and have little desire to finish it. Maybe I will one day.

I like using Karla.

I hate Beowulf. Also I hate him being paired with Lachesis. FinXLachesis foreva!!!(sorry that was lame)

I raise Diedre(however you spell her name) to lv 30 every FE4 run through.

I always give my main hero all the best stuff and stat boosters.

I love the giant maps and individual money system in FE4. (I always read how people hated those and if they made a remake they don't want them to return)

* Gonna be brutally honest. I like FE 11's Unit animations. Even if there isn't a lot of variety spread out between them.

* I find Celice to be extremely sexy.. (Probably because of my preference for guys with long hair.)

* Thieves are my favorite class even though they're really, really squishy.

* Marcus is my favorite Jeiganator. Ever.

* Frey makes a better Sniper when promoted than a Paladin. No, seriously.

* FE 1... everybody scares the crap out of me Especially Abel's pedoface in his character booklet art. ._. That or they make me laugh my ass off. I can't take the cast seriously in FE 1.

* Alvis and Yurius are my favorite mages. Dunno why, I just have a soft spot for them.

* I have a soft spot for 'cest. (Including Celria <CelicexYuria>, Eiphika <obvious turquoise twins> and ClaireKlein) This'll probably be thrown in when I do an FE 13 run... IF I do an FE 13 run. Still a bit hesitant. Except with selfcest.

I don't think confessions is the right word because that would imply I'm ashamed of something when in fact, I'm not ashamed at all nor do I think there's anything to be ashamed about.

I haven't played hard mode of any game except FE8.

I don't care for prepromtes that much except Seth.

Actual stuff~

People who dislike/hate characters with an intense passion are freakin hilarious.

I have Vehement Rage for FE10 and 11. They aren't fun or challenging in the slightest nor any good gameplay wise.

I like to say Vehement Rage. It doesn't have anything to do with FE but it's an amazing battle theme.

I tend to like the younger and more shy/reserved/passive/silly characters.

I think most FE peeps love Seth's mighty [REDACTED] waaaaaay too much.

Drafts are kind of dumb in that they're dumb.

Florina is by far the most awesome and bestest FE character ever.

Did I mention I like Vehement Rage? Because I freakin love Vehement Rage.

I didn't want to hate Radiant Dawn.

I really didn't.

To me Fire Emblem had always been that amazing series where every single game was so much better than anything else and with every new release I would play through it every day without switching to any other game until I've beaten it.

I was even hyping Radiant Dawn up everywhere I went until the game has been released here.

And then I was wondering why I was just dragging through Radiant Dawn, why I wasn't liking the story and new features and changes as much as I should be and, even moreso, why I wasn't touching it for weeks or even months and was just playing other Wii games instead.

Originally I was justifying it that I was just losing interest in Fire Emblem, but that wouldn't explain why I wasn't only swiftly beating Shadow Dragon, but also enjoying it.

And then it hit me.

I realized that even Fire Emblem can have terrible games.

And that terrible game is Radiant Dawn.

So please be a bit more considerate towards my hatred of it. (◡‿◡✿)

I also admit that I speak highly of Shadow Dragon not only on a "well it's still better than Radiant Dawn" basis, but also because 8-bit era RPGs, remakes and new games with the same sort of gameplay and content included, are totally underappreciated these days.

I can't be arsed to play FE7 anymore after I've read General Banzai's insightful story analysis.

Edited by Ike-Mike

What I'm about to 'confess' is already known among some people. Padding. Unless you don't know.

I kind of dislike Seth because people ride his phallus like it's the city bus

I love how adorable Nono is, and how people get in stupid arguments over her that doesn't even matter. They entertain me.

You can't spell best without Est

I think it's kind of dumb how efficency and tiers are so important to some people

I rarely or never use characters people tell me to use

Wendy is one of my favorite characters

I like to say X is top tier because it makes people angry

Armors/Knights/Generals/Marshalls is/are my favorite class because they are the best and shake the screen with their awesome

I want to say THWOMP but it would make me seem mindless and a follower

I usually mostly baby Clerics

I will always baby one or two characters

Leonardo is better than Shinon and Rolf

Makalov/Astrid is a nice pairing

Ike/Micaiah is my FE otp

Sophia is cool

I'm only in the prolouge of FE4

Sometimes I want Volug to die in battle

I like SD

I think Eliwood is the only competant Lord in FE7 because one is a bumbling idiot and the other is just plain terrible

I'm okay with the voice acting in PoR and RD

I alternate between numbers and addreviations for the games

I think it's stupid that people never spell out the stats' names when reffering to them

FE8 is fun

FE10 is best FE

Miriel <3

I think dancers and their ilk are kind of useless

I always go through with my favorites. No exceptions

I always read the dialogue

I love desert maps

I like to form my own opinions (gasp)

Defense is best stat

Miriel <3

Hearing people have opinions contrary to my own concerning fire emblem infuriates me more than it does with any other set of video games

Why does it seem all the Ike fangirls hate Micaiah?

Coincidence really, I'm guessing. If they hated her because she hates Ike, you'd see a lot of Ike fangirls hating Shinon too lol, yet that isn't the case. In fact, Shinon's awesome, imo.

I hate Micaiah simply because I find her annoying, stuck up, Mary-Sueish, really crappy as a unit, and much too hard to keep alive. I like the challenge of RD, but not that much...

To my Sophia is cool, cute, beautiful, etc. and I like (Although it may be a bit obvious to think that) Sophia.gif

Normally when I play Fire Emblem, I try to use magic to all units, even a little

I like to use units like "Est" (especially if they are magical units)

PD: Possible errors in this post

Edited by Troykv

These aren't secrets at all but whatever

I don't like Ike.

I like Micaiah.

My OTP has always been Tibarn/Reyson.

My new favorite male character in FE13 is Henri because of his art. Design does matter a lot to me.

I really wish there could be homosexual pairings in FE13 because Libera and Viole damn

Soren used to be one of my favorites, but not so much now.

I really don't like Lethe. Tsundere types annoy the fuck out of me.

I... I didn't use Ilyana in my second playthrough of FE10. At first I was like, nah she's not that rubbish and I'm playing Easy mode anyway. This time round, I forgot to overuse her in Part 1 and so she was totally unusable in Part 3. Never before have I not used a mage girl.

There needs to be a homosexual male in FE.

This. And to expand upon this because people have addressed this: there needs to be a homosexual male in FE who is at least as explicit as Heather (but in different ways if possible), as good looking as Heather, and not a trap boy (as much as I love Lucius). A plausible gay pairing in supports would be nice but not crucial. Gender orientation equality: I demand it!

Other character confessions:

I actually do love Wolt that much and it's all based on his support convos with Roy. So cute.wub.gif They do it better than Lyn/Florina, too (even though I also like that pairing).

I unironically love Serra, Clarine, L'Arachel and other annoying characters. Randoms like Wolt aside, I like my video game characters either complex and with many interesting sides to them, or just plain hilarious, and those annoying girls definitely fit the latter. I can't really care about a character is being "likable" or "a badass" is all they have going for them, so some popular characters end up falling flat for me.

In the same vein, I couldn't possibly care less about Myrmidons whose only goal in life is getting stronger and/or just killing people. Sorry (not really) Fir, Guy, Karel, Marisa, Mia etc, but you are all thoroughly mediocre for me (specially Karel: congratulations x 0 on being in two games, having opposite personailities in each game, and being a terrible bore in both of them). Rutger gets a pass for being a bit more complex and having a hilarious support with Clarine, though.

My favorite kind of character are ~strong independent womyn~, specially in contrast with the cute boring girls so many people seem to love. Vaida, Niime and Calill > any cute girl ever.

I don't really get what makes people like FE8 more than FE6/7 at all. FE8 just kinda falls flat in everything (both character and gameplay wise) except branched promotions. Each to their own I guess.

I haven't had enough access to the Tellius games to actually sit down and play them. But i have read almost everything about them (such as the entire FE9 script on this website), so I know what's there to know about the characters.

Gameplay confessions:

I really love FE4 but I still use save states in it. I suck. emo10.gif

Even though I know better than to ignore Jeigans, I still try to beat a chapter without them at first even in harder modes (when I try to play them) because I like the challenge. I don't know why I don't play in harder modes more often, though.

I have unlearned how to train Ests because I can't not try to finish chapters quickly (even though I'm still not efficient because I suck) anymore. And I used to get some amazing Ninos, too. noes.gif

FE11's gameplay is so boring to me. I don't know how a game with reclassing could end up boring but it did. Maybe the characters do make a difference, since almost everyone in FE11 is a cardboard cut-out of a person, or something.

I love mages and will always use most or all of the mages the game gives me. I actually don't look forward to playing FE10 from beginning to end because I've heard mages suck there. I love magic in video games in general, and I like what FE does with magic even if it ends up not being a big deal in most FE games.

I used to be one of those people who couldn't get why Paladins were supposedly so useful, but then I started trying to play in a faster pace. I now think Paladins are broken. gee_wiz_emoticon.gif I have never liked Armor Knights though. Even before I realized low Move was a detriment, most of them have bad stats and are uninteresting characters. One day I will make Ardan a Lv30 General though.

Edited by Axie

Why does it seem all the Ike fangirls hate Micaiah?

Im actually not an Ike fangirl. :):

More Gameplay Style Confessions:

I will use Bartre. I dont care if he sucks, i use him.

I actually have been warming up to Shinon as a unit in PoR. While hes pretty awesome in early game, hes kinda bad when you get him back. But i am using him for some...reason...

I used to never use dancers/bards/herons. But i use them now quite a bit. Reyson and Ninian are my favorites.

The Stats That Rule Them All in my opinion are: Speed, Skill, and Res.

I Tower/Ruins abuse in FE8 most of the time.

Paladin!Amelia is my favorite Amelia.

I use Fiona in nearly every FE10 run.

Im a support junkie and love getting as many as possible. Especially if they result in paired endings.

Rath is best Horse Bow Guy ever. But i really do like Sue.

Horsebird units > Lizardbird units.

If i actually try a LTC run, i end up failing. (LOL)

I tend to hoard money and stat boosters and super powerful weapons because of the Too Awesome To Use phenomenon.

More Non-Gameplay Confessions:

I tend to really dislike most of the female swordmaster/myrmidon archetypes due to their one-dimensional characterization.

Soren used to be one of my favorites, but not so much now.

I have a sad.

Tsundere types annoy the fuck out of me.

Indeed. However, some characters like L'Arachel are so funny that i cannot help but like them.

The hammier the character, the more im gonna like them. (Wallace, i love you...its a shame i dont like you as a unit..)

If a male character has long hair, im more inclined to like them. [/Lumi]

The only reason i wish i knew how to hack is so i could make an epic A Song of Ice and Fire FE.

Im always a bit weirded out that most of the mamakute characters happen to be little girls.

My OTP is SorenxThe Daein Throne.

I actually really hate the canon ending to Radiant Dawn.

Her name will always be Sheeda to me. Caeda doesnt look right.

The real reason i actually like Makalov is because he looks like Pauly Shore.

Geoffrey annoys me as a unit.

I wish more characters were written the way Bastian is. (see hammy confession) I also wish Bastian didnt suck.

Despite my love for ham, Oliver creeps me out.

Im actually not a fan of Farina's character. As a unit, i like her though.

My favorite paladin in the series is actually Isadora.

Design does matter a lot to me.

It does me too. Its one reason im all "eehh" about Sariya and why Soriee/Sully kinda makes me go :dry: