FE Confessions....Say What?

Loki Laufeyson

On that note, I think Vaida is pretty hot and I don't get why people hate her so badly. Okay, she's a female with really short hair and has a bunch of scars, but she's so badass looking. She is far from my favourite FE character but I don't understand all the hate. If I had to judge a character by looks, I think Serra is below Vaida.

Dorothy is cute but plain. I also don't think she's as bad as everyone makes her out to be. If the early games had glasses, she'd probably look really cute wearing a pair combined with those freckles.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The other guy is Yukito. Touya/Yukito is gay pairing done right, by the way. wub.gif

There aren't many gay/bisexual characters in fictional, and even fewer non-stereotypical ones. There are lots of subtext, though, but a lot of people don't count that because somehow it's not evidence, or something.

I think there are a fair amount in fiction. Whether there's a "fairly proportional" amount, I can't say (I'd suspect not, I suppose). I admit I can't think of a lot of "incidentally openly gay" protagonists.

Edited by L1049

On that note, I think Vaida is pretty hot and I don't get why people hate her so badly. Okay, she's a female with really short hair and has a bunch of scars, but she's so badass looking. She is far from my favourite FE character but I don't understand all the hate. If I had to judge a character by looks, I think Serra is below Vaida.

Dorothy is cute but plain. I also don't think she's as bad as everyone makes her out to be. If the early games had glasses, she'd probably look really cute wearing a pair combined with those freckles.

Vaida is slammin' hot! I mean come on! Shes got an iron bosom, nice legs and that expression is just screaming "Im badass and you know you wanna be my wyvern when i mount him!" Holy crap! People who say Vaida is ugly dont know anything.

Dorothy's official art is cute. Its her mug thats not.

Also, another confession from me that I just remembered: I think Meg is cute. And this is saying something, because usually, chubbiness turns me off immediately. But somehow, I saw cuteness in Meg.

Yeah shes adorable. Her face and the way her hands are in her mug just scream adorable!!! She even has this cat smile! D'awww! Plus her hairstyle. Shes not designed to be unattractive, shes designed as cute.

Character looks confessions:

Soren is just...yes.

I like androgyny so Lucius wins my face. Odd how i was able to know right away that he was a dude...

Renault is hella sexy. He reminds me of Alan Rickman in FE form.

Louis is one lucky woman.

Zihark's design is pretty great.

I love Limstella! <333

Rajaion...hnngh. Nice to know Soren would grow up looking quite a bit like that.... :unsure:

The minute i saw Sephiran, i knew i would like this guy. :B

I think Sigrun is probably the loveliest of the FE ladies.

Seth's official art is dreamy.

Ooh, Florina, I think Sigrun is pretty too! I loosely based one of my OCs' designs off of her. Anyway, I'll name the guys and girls I find attractive too.

Hot guys:

- Ike! He's smoking hot, as people probably know I believe. :P I love his muscles and his sexy cape and headband and his blue hair and pretty much everything about his design. <3

- Kieran. Yeah, I find him to be pretty damn handsome and the hottest of all knights. Geoffrey is pretty alright in his artwork, but his in-game portraits and scrawny arms and somewhat curvy hips ruin him, imo. Kieran, though, I can tell he's a little bulkier, though not by much. I like his reddish-brown hair and his big smile. <3

- Sain! Oh yeah, I definitely think Sain is hot! Especially for a blondie. I normally like darker hair on guys. But I can see bulging biceps under his sleeves in his art, and I love how he looks in his headband. He'd totally get lots of girls if he'd tone down his flirting a bit, lol.

- Wil. I think he's really cute, especially in his official art. Love his winking. <3

- Ephraim! I don't think he's as hot as Ike, but as far as lords go, he's definitely hotter than the others, imo.

- Boyd. Another hunky musclehead that I love. ^^

- Zihark. Yeah, I agree he looks pretty dang good, and I usually don't like long hair on guys!

- And lastly, Seth! He's really cute! He has a kind of hairstyle I dig on guys too.

Pretty girls:

- Elincia! I find she's the prettiest of all along with Sigrun. She's just beautiful, with her pretty green hair and armor and jewelry and her orange gown!

- Sigrun! I love her hair and her face and features are perfect, imo, just like Elincia!

- Jill. She's quite pretty, imo and I really like her eyes.

- Marcia. I normally like longer hair on girls, but Marcia would look cute with either that or shoulder-length hair!

- Tana. I think her hair is awesome and her face is so cute.

- Fiora. I think she's beautiful and I love her hair! Sain's a lucky guy to be able to marry her. ^^

- Mist. I think she's really cute and that girl's got some nice curves.

- Elena. Ike and Mist have gotta get their good looks from somewhere. Elena is definitely beautiful. :3

And that's it. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Hater's gonna hate. Vaida will always tie Marcus and Echidna for my favourite Elibe character.

Always.

Edited by Zhuge Liang

Vaida is great.

Also, I guess I'll list the sexy FE men in my books.

-Camus.

-Sigurd.

-Lex.

-Sety.

-Skasaher.

-Brighton.

-Fred.

-Carrion.

-Gale.

-Percival.

-Zeiss.

-Noah.

-Pent.

-Lloyd.

-Linus.

-Harken.

-Glen.

-Ephraim.

-Seth.

-Gatrie.

-Geoffrey.

-Tibarn.

-Ludveck.

And for the ladies that I find gorgeous:

-Ishtar.

-Selphina.

-Brunya.

-Ursula.

-Titania.

-Jill.

-Sigrun.

-Ena.

Fire Emblem confessions, you say? Hm...

1. I have never seriously played Hard mode on any game in the series. Not even the really easy ones like Shadow Dragon or Sacred Stones.
  2. Another person here finds Meg cute.
  3. I almost never use prepromotes, and the reason for this is because they are completely devoid of that satisfaction you get in knowing that a unit reached the second (or third) class tier through your own hard work and/or patience, depending on how big a factor arena abuse was in their leveling.
  4. My favorite Knight in the series is Roger, which I will presume is odd since I have not seen him mentioned once on any Fire Emblem forums outside my own (sparse) posts.
  5. I am disappointed in the comparitive lack of You Gotta Have Blue Hair in Awakening compared to previous games, as well as the fact that when it is present, only a few colors are used. (Blue, green and literal red. Well, and there is Olivia with her pink hair... Of course, there's also My Unit/Avatar, whose hair color is chosen by the player.)
  6. My My Units are always original characters rather than self-inserts. Always. Without exception. No exception shall be made for Awakening when it reaches Western shores.
  7. I actually really like Archers for some weird reason.
  8. I'm not really all that interested in the Jugdral games. They're critically-acclaimed by a lot of Western Fire Emblem fans, but they just don't look terribly special to me. I do like the idea of the huge maps, although I'd like to experience them in practice before passing judgement.
  9. So far, Sain has yet to be dethroned as my favorite Cavalier.
  10. Speaking of Cavaliers, I am disdainful towards Forde because he let me down dreadfully last time I played Sacred Stones, whilst Kyle ended up one of my party's premier badasses. Perhaps Forde will redeem himself next time, though hopefully not at the expense of Kyle, who earned himself brownie points for his aforementioned performance.
  11. While I do have respect for those who succeeded them, Jagen and Arran get no respect from me due to being promoted, yet with stats befitting a non-promoted unit around level 7, or even lower. Unlike Wolf and Sedgar in Shadow Dragon, they have no way to make up for this later, although I can see them being useful early on in Hard mode runs. Well, admittedly they do have good weapon levels and Resistance.
  12. I always use all three Trainees in Sacred Stones.
  13. I once botched up a Lyn mode run so badly I ended up with just Lyn (obviously), Nils, one of the horseback units and maybe Wil at Chapter 9. Luckily, you get Wallace in that chapter, but I still ended up restarting that file. In my defense, I was, like 9~12 at the time. This bad experience is what led to my "always restart when ally dies" play style today, although now I'm good enough that even without resetting for fallen allies, I would probably be able to keep a stable team through to endgame. Probably. Well, axe the "probably" in Shadow Dragon, New Mystery of the Emblem and Sword of Seals, on account of the ridiculous amounts of characters those games throw at you.
  14. I am annoyed at the fact that Radiant Dawn pushes prepromotes so much, because I like the Dawn Brigade (particularly Leo, Aran, Meg and Fiona if you count her) and want to be able to use more of them than just Micaiah.
  15. I once leveled Isadora to level 20 for being the only female Paladin in the game, thus having a unique battle sprite. I have the weirdest reasons for using characters sometimes. By the way, did you know that Isadora's is the default ally palette for female Paladins in Sacred Stones? Of course, you'd never know this without cheat codes or hacking, but it's still a neat little tidbit.
  16. I have a theory that Lucius might be a female-to-male transsexual (think about it; it'd explain the hips and the being bullied as a child, certainly), which would require his church to either be very accepting and politically-correct or rather lax about checking his biological sex. Considering the time period, probably the latter. Etzel might also be like this, considering his official art. Of course, they could always just be bishounen in the extreme and be totally biologically male. Although, I kind of like the idea of having transsexual characters who aren't just stereotype jokes like Valtome.
  17. I actually like most of the DLC art for characters (read: not Ike's) and plan to consider the DLC and SpotPass characters as valid candidates for my team in Awakening.
  18. I've come to actually really enjoy the Archanean/Akaneian saga quite a bit more than I thought I would.

And, um, since a few others did some character appearence lists, I guess I can do one, too... Completely subjective, of course.

I think Fiona has a cute face and a nice color palette, too.

Ena is adorable and wins the title "Fire Emblem character Starlight36 most wants to hug". Her state of pregnancy does nothing to deter from either of these things.

Norne is also cute.

Horace is one of the coolest-looking Generals in the series, and I'd seriously use him more if Roger didn't surpass him so much. Also, the fact that I think blue and white (primarily white, secondarily blue) is a color combination that can look both beautiful and awesome if used right. Well, as long as the white is white and not light beige and the blue is neither to light nor too dark nor too purple-y or turquoise-y.

Radd is a pretty rad bro. He's always used over Navarre in Shadow Dragon and New Mystery because of this.

I really like Athena for a number of reasons; she manages to be cute, sexy and beautiful all at once to varying degrees, she's a pretty good unit and I like her personality, too. Win-win-win.

I used to really like Priscilla, and I still do, but not as much as most of the others. The fact that I found her completely on my own without even knowing she existed beforehand helped with this.

I think Etzel's design is pretty neat, as well.

Sachiko Wada's art makes Lena pretty adorable, actually.

As I said before, Meg is cute, too.

Well, um... There you have it, I guess.

Edited by Starlight36

I'm not really all that interested in the Jugdral games. They're critically-acclaimed by a lot of Western Fire Emblem fans, but they just don't look terribly special to me. I do like the idea of the huge maps, although I'd like to experience them in practice before passing judgement.

Neither am I, only I dislike the idea of the huge maps, and like I said earlier, I find FE4's "seize multiple locales in one chapter" rather awkward gameplay wise and story wise.

I think FE hackers should should make an original commercial game, instead of tinkering around with existing ones.

Judging by the ambition behind many FE hacks alone, with enough time and money they could make something that even surpasses Fire Emblem.

There are a lot of women, both real and fictional, who I find really attractive, but oddly enough none of them are from the Fire Emblem series.

While I've found there to be lots of legitimate flaws towards every Fire Emblem that even made me rethink their position as my favourite, the ones for FE4 I find to be miniscule at best.

And that's why I list FE4 as my favourite.

Even then, I still haven't beaten it to this day. No matter how much better I've become at multitasking, chapter 7 always makes me trip over.

There are a lot of women, both real and fictional, who I find really attractive, but oddly enough none of them are from the Fire Emblem series.

Fun thing, Fire emblem girls are the only fictionnal ones I find attractive.

I'm not really all that interested in the Jugdral games. They're critically-acclaimed by a lot of Western Fire Emblem fans, but they just don't look terribly special to me. I do like the idea of the huge maps, although I'd like to experience them in practice before passing judgement.

Honestly, I think FE4-5 are more "special" than FE6-10. But FE4 is special in a way that makes it feel like a bit of a chore. Not only are the maps big, but they are pretty sparsely populated. If you are going for LTC, that probably makes the question of how to divide and rescue/warp units more interesting, but for me, I just wished the enemy castles could be a few screens closer, and have less terrain in between them. Hmm I doubt my opinion was even up for renewal.

Edited by Mouse

I enjoyed FE10's game play in regards to separation of the different parts as it meant even with it's large cast almost everyone(baring a few exceptions for hard mode) before part 4 was at least usable for atleast a couple chapters. As opposed to a lot of characters being Bench warmers or essentially an additional 5 storage slots.

But you're supposed to get bored traveling between them for days it adds to the realism

That is true. Most FEs feel like guerilla warfare or small, if intense, skirmishes. FE4 feels like marching and cavalry charges. Cavalry charges into Holsety. It must be something like watching Jesus defeat Lucifer's armies in the blink of an eye...except it takes a little bit longer, and the guys don't look as cool.

Edited by Mouse

* I like dancers. I really do. but I wish they had a personality that didn't consist of a permanent sugar high. (Not counting Ninian)

* I actually like the portraits in FE 4. Something about the way everyone's hair is drawn, especially the bangs and their faces reminds me of my earliest attempts at an anime- esque style way back in the day. In fact, the hair motif is still used slightly today in my human art.

* Marth x Catria is my Akaneia OTP. And to be brutally honest with everyone, not counting her amazing, broken- ness as a unit.. it's kind of the reason why I originally killed Shiida off. Yeah, yeah, I know that she loves Marth with all her heart and prayed for him and tried not to talk to him so she didn't get in his way during the war and blahblahblah, but looking at FE 1/3B1/11, their relationship just seemed so... what's the word? Rushed? Slapped together because pairings were needed? I don't know. I prefer the "Prince and Peasant" route myself.

* On a similar note, I like Est, but the fact that her only use plot- wise is an even more rushed marriage and constant kidnappings in, what is it? All three games featuring her, thus far? Yeah, not working. It's turning me away from using her more than I want to.

* Gaiden needs a remake. Seriously. <3

Edited by Nagareboshi Gin

* Gaiden needs a remake. Seriously. <3

Yes. This is true.

Now then, my confessions...

- Nephenee/Heather is fine with me because as far as I gather, it's primarily a joke pairing, but I don't seriously consider them to be gay for each other. I didn't even pick up on Heather's lesbian vibe until I read about it on the internet.

- Ike/Soren isn't fine with me. I feel like it cheapens their relationship to say they're in love. Why can't a bond that strong exist between foster brothers, which is essentially what they are?

- I dislike Paladins with a passion. Not the characters, the units. They are far too perfect and noble and strong and defensive and fast all at the same. It's boring.

- I don't like using Generals because they always lag behind everyone and slow the game down. However, I think I prefer them to Paladins...a little bit. Maybe.

- The Elibe games are my least favourites. I find myself emotionally invested in Erk and Matthew, and Jaffar and Nino a little bit, but that's pretty much it. There are also very, very few customisation options. I've found that my favourite games in the series are the ones with branched promotions, reclassing, or assignable skills because I love having the option to completely change a unit. So FE6 and 7 are my least favourites of the ones I've played. I think the want for customisation is what makes me like Pokémon so much. You can choose a party of 6 out of 695 or some hilarious number of characters, and then you choose four out of hundreds of moves to make your own individual strategy for each party member. Similarly, Dragon Quest IX is the only game of its series that I've played because its character customisation was heavily advertised. I can't wait for FE Awakening which will have the largest amount of customisation options in the series. Branched promotions, reclassing and skills!

- I've only played a few chapters of FE4. I don't remember when or why I stopped exactly. I probably got bored.

- As a consequence, I've never played FE5 either, but I have both games patched and ready to play at some point.

- I like Micaiah, Sothe and Ike, in all of their appearances, even in Awakening. Character-wise, they all have different personalities and stand for different ideals: Micaiah for love of her people, Sothe for love of Micaiah, and Ike for his friends the greater good of Tellius, and they're all emotionally very strong and willing to do anything for what they're trying to protect. Design-wise, they're all bloody cool. All the time. And Micaiah gets hot in FE13.

- I think Soren and either Mia or Ilyana would make an interesting crack pairing, but I only 'ship' pairings which are basically canon anyway, like Joshua/Natasha. (Does that even count as shipping?)

- I plan on making a Myrmidon Avatar in FE13 with long red hair and naming him Joshua, so he can be in the game too, because he deserves to be in Fire Emblem All-Stars way more than Moulder.

That is true. Most FEs feel like guerilla warfare or small, if intense, skirmishes.

I dunno, if the FE OVA and some FE4 conversations are an indication, the units in FE are supposed to be the most important people in a much bigger army.

Only with Tellius did they decide that your units are in fact your entire army.

Also, there is one complaint I have towards FE4.

The colour scheme. It's like the 16 bit equivalent to brown and bloom or something.

And I love all the classes equally.

Edited by Ike-Mike

I dunno, if the FE OVA and some FE4 conversations are an indication, the units in FE are supposed to be the most important people in a much bigger army.

Only with Tellius did they decide that your units are in fact your entire army.

Also, there is one complaint I have towards FE4.

The colour scheme. It's like the 16 bit equivalent to brown and bloom or something.

And I love all the classes equally.

Partially untrue about tellius. Part one even has maps dedicated to freeing prisoned soldiers.

The Liberation Army does not want for willing fighters of its own. However, most are old men and inexperienced boys whose passion far outstrips their skill. The Liberation Army has no choice: it must bolster its ranks if it is to meet Begnion on equal terms. Its only hope lies locked in Begnion's prison camps, where Daein's former soldiers await their rescue.

and Daein's army grows ever larger. Its victories at Talrega and other key locations have strengthened its position. The army rides across the land, liberating prisoners from Begnion encampments. The Daein ranks swell with the influx of veteran soldiers, and the men begin to dream of the day when they may retake the capital.

Part one chapter 7 has Tauroneo leading the army against the prison wards, while micaiah has her strike force to free the prisoners.

Part one endgame has Micaiah as a strike force once again.

River crossing even has an entire cutscene about a huge clash between both armies.

Part four rolls around and from there on out your units are in fact your entire army, but 3/4 parts are not.

Says the guy who has Olivia's boobs as profile picture.