Unused FE9 Assassin Sothe

I found a video from YouTube that there's a Unused In-Game Model of Sothe as an Assassin that I don't think we have an existing screenshot in the unused page of the site.

Here's this link from YouTube about the Unused Data of Assassin Sothe in FE9. (EDIT: Sorry, I don't know that just caused something disabled from here?)

Here's the screenshots that I got from the video, that user that uploaded the video from youtube saids that this is not fake and did actually use the Action Replay code to allow Sothe to promote to become as an Assassin in Path of Radiance.

In-Game Screenshot of Assassin Sothe

Stats + Map Model of Assassin Sothe

This is not a fake. I used an Action Replay code to allow him to class change. The code I have also removes the class change restrictions on Ike and Volke.

Disclaimer: I filmed this clip personally using the Nintendo game "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance" I do not claim copyright of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance nor do I claim any copyright ownership of anything connected with said game. I have not and never will accept or offer money for this video. I will profit from it in no way. I did provide credit to the person who originally posted the code on another site. I also credit YouTube user goldiex39 with other information regarding the code (see below).

Enjoy

Info regarding the code. I won't take responsibility for any side effects this code may have. I'm still investigating it myself, but issues may occur that I don't find. Read everything below before using the code:

Action Replay Code:

D25X-UBF2-XCYX8

44W3-A5XC-Y1YX3

GNT0-95VF-PKNVF

This code came from Sandokhan of Gamefaqs.com

Read this information before you try the code:

This code removes the limit that prevents Sothe, Volke, and Ike from promoting. When I first used it on Sothe, it also automatically applied the effect to Volke and Ike. When the code's effect has been saved once, the effects are permanent.

When the time came for Ike to class change, the dialogue had no issues. However, the class change animation never occurred with Elincia. I had to use a Master Seal on him at a base to make him class change. I think Bonus Exp may have still worked if he was not Level 20. Because he was level 20 before I used the code, the game had him locked out of Bonus Exp. Using the code before he reaches level 20 may work. The same thing happened at the point of Volke's promotion.

I found this code posted on a forum. I don't think it ever was checked by the makers of AR, so there could be other bugs. I would advise using a separate memory card when using this code if you have any concerns regarding any save data from any game on your memory card. Also, I communicated with goldiex39, a YouTube user and Fire Emblem hacker, regarding transferring the data to Radiant Dawn. She thought trying to transfer data with a class-changed Sothe might have negative side effects. I won't be trying it because I don't want to risk my PoR or RD data.

Go to this site and scroll down to the post by Sandokhan for the original source of the code with a list of other side effects. I haven't explored them yet.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/920189...

He (or She) mentioned that any character with D-Level bows could use longbows. I tested with Astrid and she was able to equip it.

I also found that Marcia was able to use the ballistas in Chapter 19. It may work with other characters. I found that by accident.

Good Luck and please let me know if you find any bugs with this code. I will add them to the description and give you credit.

Edited by King Marth 64

Awh... sin; Sothe makes a cooler Assassin. :(

This is the first time I've ever seen this. :o So I guess I'm late also...

I have a feeling Sothe's map and battle models are just generic models, probably of unused enemy Assassins or something (Volke with default colours?). Either way, they look nothing like him.

Which is a bit confusing, because I'm pretty sure there is a proper Assassin map model for him, green hair and all. If I weren't so busy and lazy, I'd hack it back into the game.

Hint: make your way to ymu/thief2/pack.cmp, LZZ7-decompress that file and swap 90 20 at 0x62 with B0 60 at 0x72. Then check out Volke's Assassin map model to see what it's become.

Edited by VincentASM

Hint: make your way to ymu/thief2/pack.cmp, LZZ7-decompress that file and swap 90 20 at 0x62 with B0 60 at 0x72. Then check out Volke's Assassin map model to see what it's become.

Dangit Vincent, now I want to try that... yet I got other stuff to do... ARRRRRGGGGGH.

• 2 years later...

I found a video from YouTube that there's a Unused In-Game Model of Sothe as an Assassin that I don't think we have an existing screenshot in the unused page of the site.

Here's this link from YouTube about the Unused Data of Assassin Sothe in FE9. (EDIT: Sorry, I don't know that just caused something disabled from here?)

Here's the screenshots that I got from the video, that user that uploaded the video from youtube saids that this is not fake and did actually use the Action Replay code to allow Sothe to promote to become as an Assassin in Path of Radiance.

In-Game Screenshot of Assassin Sothe

Stats + Map Model of Assassin Sothe

Does anyone have a ocarina code of this?

I made an ocarina code, just tested it out and it works.

082B16AA 00000080
009F0280 00000000
Edited by Lyon's Dirge