Fire Mumblem: The Chronicles of Lussaria (Beta 1 Released! 1/2/2014)

MarkyJoe1990

The Grand First Release (Beta 1)

Chapters included - Prelude, Chapter 1, Interlude

Known Issues

- Skipping Text scrolls crashes the game

Fire Mumblem is a comedy hack that follows the story of a bunch of hackers trying to make a Fire Emblem hack. In the process of such, they end up fiddling with the life of an unsuspecting band of misfit sellswords who call themselves the Wolfen Mercenaries.

And now for those lovely little screenshots~ COME MY CHILDREN!

HHMAlready.PNG

Some people in this community think Hector Hard Mode is too hard. Some can Low-Turn Clear Hector Hard Mode. In this game? Hector Hard Mode is the standard difficulty.

This game also includes:

Lovable characters!

Lovable.PNG

Bonus tasks, which reward you with character-specific stat boosts, money, items, and more!

Bonus.PNG

Elitism!

Elitism.PNG

(Losing the main lord brings you to the Netherworld, where you can obtain hints on how to beat a chapter!)

Originality!

Originality.PNG

Compelling, three-dimensional villains!

Villain.PNG

Bonus content!?!?!!!???!

Content.PNG

Oh, and I guess we have custom maps, events, dialogues, portraits, and all that other fun stuff.

So what else is there to be said? Well, if you are interested in helping us with this project, you can! Just e-mail me at markyjoe1990@gmail.com, or add me on skype and we can talk about it further.

If you have any feedback and critiques, feel free to tell me, but don't be a jerk about it, alright? The fellas and I are a sensitive folk who love one another, wear beads in our hair, and smoke lots of dope. We're just doing this for the fun, y'know?

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One problem. You blocked me.

I'll fix that in a bit. Send me a PM with your skype name/e-mail, something that'll allow me to figure out what name you have.

I sent an email but also I'm living up in Japan right now. I'll assist even with a time difference.

Awesome.

You recently learned map making and eventing if I remember right. We could use any help we can get.

Oh, I didn't realize the situation at hand. I guess since there are a few of you to do events with, the work wouldn't be too bad. So I guess I've decided to join, since after all I should be able to fit in some time for this.

Q: Anything else?

A: More than anything else, we want to finish the project, even if it's not as long, ambitious, or polished as we desire. The hardest thing about any project is finishing it, and it's usually obstructed by the hackers' ambition extending far beyond their reach, making them give up quickly. This is how the original Fire Mumblem crashed and burned, and I don't wish for that to happen again.

Once the project gets finished, THEN we can work on improving it further, with more chapters, better level design, better balance (Balance will be determined by efficiency), etc, but first we have to finish it. This is the OTHER reason why we want the chapters short, because a long chapter is not only frustrating and tedious, but it's ultimately a difficult, long and tedious undertaking.

Interesting.

I approve this approach.

This hack, just by the amount of planning/thought that seems to be put into it, seems like it has potential.

Lussaria isn't latin.

In latin, Lust is spelled "Luxuria".

Also, deleting permadeath is an interesting feature...

It may ruin the FE formula, or make a different and fresher one...

It's just up to you to make this project shine...

Personally I find it very promising, I'll look forward to it...

Good luck..

Lussaria isn't latin.

In latin, Lust is spelled "Luxuria".

I checked google translate... and you're right. How the heck did I come up with that name?

Also, deleting permadeath is an interesting feature...

It may ruin the FE formula, or make a different and fresher one...

It's just up to you to make this project shine...

Personally I find it very promising, I'll look forward to it...

Good luck..

Only good can come from removing this feature. I've never liked it, and I never will. I could care less for the tension it brings. It just fills me with hatred.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

I checked google translate... and you're right. How the heck did I come up with that name?

I don't know, teh-eh...

But now how are you going to name the hack...? "Chronicle of Luxuria?"

Strangely enough, "Lussaria" sounded better than "Luxuria"...

Only good can come from removing this feature. I've never liked it, and I never will. I could care less for the tension it brings. It just fills me with hatred.

This is a totally personal opinion... I honestly think that the permadeath is the heart of FE... like you said, it fills the game with tension, but most importantly it clearly represents the importance of life... there is no turning back, if you mistake something, you die, and you die forever...

That's why people tend to grow attached to characters in FE so badly... it's because they somehow are unique... and they can die as anyone else....

But again, this is a choice of yours about your own hack gameplay... if you feel like doing so, I hope you'll make such a great change fit in the new gameplay...

I don't know, teh-eh...

But now how are you going to name the hack...? "Chronicle of Luxuria?"

Strangely enough, "Lussaria" sounded better than "Luxuria"...

I'm gonna stick with Lussaria since I like the name better. Pretty much all the characters have weird names with no meaning, so this would actually be consistent.

I'm just gonna give you all an update on our progress.

It's been going very smoothly, much to my surprise. Everyone who joined is cooperative (A few didn't seem prepared for the project, so we unfortunately had to remove them), and we're getting some new portraits in. In addition, me and Ephraim225 have finished creating 5 maps for the game. Things are looking very up.

We haven't worked on any dialogue or eventing yet, but we have been discussing various skits, story arcs, and some gameplay related stuff.

Prologue Chapter (Created by MarkyJoe1990)

prologue.png

Chapter 1 (Created by MarkyJoe1990)

Chapter%201.png

Heal Bot Stage (Created by MarkyJoe1990)

HealBotStage.png

Untitled Map (Created by Ephraim225)

Super%20Improvement.png

Maze of Hate (Created by Ephraim225)

Maze%20of%20Hate%20Remade.png

While I'm at it, I should mention we have several custom portraits. Most of them are taken from some previous projects of mine (Namely the Help Me Help You Project that started on the Emblem Brigade). I figure it would be nice if I at least show the main character's portrait. Made by SqRtofPi.

Lucy.png

Edited by MarkyJoe1990