Fire Mumblem: The Chronicles of Lussaria (Beta 1 Released! 1/2/2014)

MarkyJoe1990

I think that between the cracked walls and the multiple entrances this is going to be a tough defense chapter. It looks well-made in general too, though I do question why the fortresses on the piece of land to the far southwest are there unless you have some fliers spawning (in which case, awesome!).

Actually, I think those forts make the most sense to spawn enemies from! I've always found it odd in defense chapters to spawn enemies using forts in such close proximity to the object/place you're defending, unless there are story reasons for why it's happening.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Splendid. I'm hoping to make chapters of this kind of quality consistently through the project; short, but gimmicky and challenging.

Magnificent.

It's the kind of chapters I like, and also the ones I mostly do in my own hack.

I prefer short but intense chapters instead of long and dispersive ones.

I looooove female shamans~

Me too. *-*

I hope your Lussaria and my Fa will conquer the world, ahah

But seriously, I find the lack of shaman FE main characters very intriguing in order to make one in a hack.

And female shamans are sooo attractive.

I wonder which kind of character Lussaria will have!

From the description and the face, she seems a little friendly but also naughty, I don't know.

I think the next chapter I'm gonna get to work on is the late-game defense mission chapter I have planned. Feast your eyes.

I%27m%20onto%20something%20here.png

Whoa, beautiful!

It is similar to a map I've recently done, for a "defensive" chapter as well. I think it's the same tileset as well.

Even if mine isn't as elaborated as this.

Really, it seems awesome to play.

I wonder if you'll place Lussaria on that pillar in the center of the fortress at the beginning of the chapter. :3

Also the presence of "hard trees" (the ones you can't cross) in those specific spots is really interesting.

Also, I created one of the boss themes for this game. Check it out.

Oh, and while I'm at it, here's the late-game player phase theme too.

They both are very beautiful.

Did you really do the first one? :0

Whoa... how did you do that?

I'm genuinely surprised.

Your work is inspiring me a lot for my own.

Thank you very much!

Me too. *-*

I hope your Lussaria and my Fa will conquer the world, ahah

But seriously, I find the lack of shaman FE main characters very intriguing in order to make one in a hack.

To be honest, I think the most interesting idea would be to make a bard/dancer the main character of a hack, like what Furetchen did in the now canceled Drums of War, but I prefer to keep my main a Shaman.

And female shamans are sooo attractive.

Someone here has a thing for very long hair, I presume?

I wonder which kind of character Lussaria will have!

From the description and the face, she seems a little friendly but also naughty, I don't know.

She's gone through many changes, but currently here's what I have.

Lussaria's Profile (WIP)

Lussaria

Relationships: Feltyn (Employee & Friend), Metigh (Tutor)

Growing up in a village and a relatively normal childhood, Lussaria's life takes a sharp turn when she helplessly witnesses the death of her older brother at the hands of [Haven't decided yet]. Blaming herself for his death for being helpless, Lussaria vows to change the person she was as a child, and to instead become a strong, independant woman who will protect others so that they don't experience the same feelings of loss and pain she felt that day.

After spending many years diligently studying tactics as well as ancient magic, Lussaria goes on a quest to make a name for herself as a mercenary. Her fear of failure makes her an overly cautious person, sometimes taking too much time to think things over rather than act when the time is right, out of fear that her own shortcomings as a person will have severe consequences. However, when given enough time to plan, Lussaria has confidence in her abilities, and her tactics are solid. Her drive to preserve beauty and life are what keep her from giving into despair when things ultimately don't go her way.

Whoa, beautiful!

It is similar to a map I've recently done, for a "defensive" chapter as well. I think it's the same tileset as well.

Even if mine isn't as elaborated as this.

Really, it seems awesome to play.

I wonder if you'll place Lussaria on that pillar in the center of the fortress at the beginning of the chapter. :3

Also the presence of "hard trees" (the ones you can't cross) in those specific spots is really interesting.

I'm likely to change those trees to function like normal trees, or remove them entirely. I did not know they were essentially walls until Seph1212 told me sometime ago.

They both are very beautiful.

Did you really do the first one? :0

Whoa... how did you do that?

I did both of them. If you want to see my collection of GBA compatible songs, go ahead and check out my music thread. Most of them are original tunes. Feel free to use my music for your own hack if you like. Two of them require permission however.

I'm genuinely surprised.

Your work is inspiring me a lot for my own.

Thank you very much!

No problem.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

That is a sexy map. Also, is there a link for the beta I'm missing, or do we need to email you?

If you check the posts, you'll find both versions of my Castle of Healing. However, I understand that's tedious and annoying, so I'll update the first post to include the maps for your convenience.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

To be honest, I think the most interesting idea would be to make a bard/dancer the main character of a hack, like what Furetchen did in the now canceled Drums of War, but I prefer to keep my main a Shaman.

Since I'm hacking FE8 and I have two Lord slots, the other one will presumibily be one with a bard/dancer/move again ability. Even if it isn't anything like a bard/dancer, but a whole new original class with few ideas I've come up with.

A little like Anakin from Blazer's The Last Promise.

Also another thing which may be interesting to test, and which I'm probably going to insert, is a Thief Lord. A shaman lord with a cleptomaniac personalty? Good Lord.

I just like original ideas and projects and I can sense a lot of them coming from this one, so I'll be expecting more interesting stuff from you and your team. ;)

Someone here has a thing for very long hair, I presume?

*coff, coff* Who?

She's gone through many changes, but currently here's what I have.

Lussaria's Profile (WIP)

Lussaria

Relationships: Feltyn (Employee & Friend), Metigh (Tutor)

Growing up in a village and a relatively normal childhood, Lussaria's life takes a sharp turn when she helplessly witnesses the death of her older brother at the hands of [Haven't decided yet]. Blaming herself for his death for being helpless, Lussaria vows to change the person she was as a child, and to instead become a strong, independant woman who will protect others so that they don't experience the same feelings of loss and pain she felt that day.

After spending many years diligently studying tactics as well as ancient magic, Lussaria goes on a quest to make a name for herself as a mercenary. Her fear of failure makes her an overly cautious person, sometimes taking too much time to think things over rather than act when the time is right, out of fear that her own shortcomings as a person will have severe consequences. However, when given enough time to plan, Lussaria has confidence in her abilities, and her tactics are solid. Her drive to preserve beauty and life are what keep her from giving into despair when things ultimately don't go her way.

Very interesting. Her age especially. I thought she was a little younger, like 18 or 19, but having her in the late 20's is interesting for her development indeed.

Anyway from her name's origin, from her class and all I thought she was a little more... mmh.. vicious? Naughty? Don't know. Did you give up on the idea of "Lussaria = Lust"?

I'm likely to change those trees to function like normal trees, or remove them entirely. I did not know they were essentially walls until Seph1212 told me sometime ago.

Oh, I see.

Even if I don't think they were that bad put in those spots, especially for a defending chapter.

I did both of them. If you want to see my collection of GBA compatible songs, go ahead and check out my music thread. Most of them are original tunes. Feel free to use my music for your own hack if you like. Two of them require permission however.

No problem.

Whoa, thank you very much! They all are great pieces.

There already is a friend of mine doing music for the project and I don't want to 'steal' the work you're going to put in your own hack, so I don't think I'll use them, even if they're awesome.

But if I will, I'll be sure to tell you and to give you credit.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

The Arc of Time Patch Download

Notes:

- music isn't finalized... in fact since most of the music isn't inserted into the game yet I left a lot of places without music or with unchanged music or something, sorry. Just play mute or something >_>' there's only one new song, Sealed Time/Ys 3 Clock Tower, and that's the player map phase which for some reason I set to the boss music as well XP

- I think somewhere I typed "it's" when I should have done "its" but I looked and now I'm not sure... anyhow if you see that or any other mistakes let me know

- the second chapter will throw a twist at you but there's a restart option for a reason so don't rage so hard

- character stats, growths, and portraits are all beta

- if you beat both chapters of my arc, The Arc of Time, and save afterwards, you can play a hard mode version of the second one. It's probably near impossible, but it's optional and won't actually be in the game later.

- the text was written by me and thus is crappymight not be the best writing for these characters as the protagonists aren't my characters (the other two are)

This is a hack of FE7 created by me for this project and is a beta, so please treat it so and if you're going to spoil anything, please post it in spoilers. Thanks and have a great day.

Blazer, I didn't know you were part of this project as well.

I've played the patch.

[The Clock Tower] It was epic!

At a first glance to the map, it seemed horribly easy, but then... the idea of having the enemies level-up every turn is awesome.

How did you do that? O_o I can't really understand how the events were made. It's certainly ASM, isn't it? And how can you make it work only in this chapter? *confused*

And how that flashing-thingy happens when you defeat an enemy, giving you gold. *confused again*

Just.. wow.

Anyway I won on turn 6 one-shooting Tempus (nice latin name, ahah!) with the fighter's killer axe. Got lucky.

It would have become terribly hard otherwise.

Really an intriguing map, congrats. =P

[The Arc of Time] Well that was a mindfuck.

From beginning to end.

The first time that the enemy phase came twice, I lost two units, uh. how strong is that damn myrmidon

And Tempus seemed pretty invincible, but then I noticed you hacked the tiles making them like Radiant Dawn's ones, which give +10 res. Good. =>

2cmq9hs.png

sayonara-

The last sentences, with those thoughts about life, were just beautiful.

I also agree with you...

We can't travel back in time to change things that brought us pain, but we can fill that void with something new and be happy again.

A splendid work, I feel very good right now. Thank you.

Edited by Alfred Kamon

[spoiler=Response]

And Tempus seemed pretty invincible, but then I noticed you hacked the tiles making them like Radiant Dawn's ones, which give +10 res. Good. =>

I'mmm... not so sure how that happened~

Yeah, I really got nothing there. >< I'm going to go ahead and blame Marky for doing something to the base ROM >_>' XD but hey it seemed to have worked out I guess... o-o

and regarding the game-play mechanics, yes, those were ASM hacks. XP

And I'm glad you like those last few lines. Right now, I'm struggling to find something that will fill in the hole in my heart when it finally does open up. I know that at some point, it will, but I don't want to not have those feelings out of fear of losing them. I haven't quite found anything to fill in that hole, but I know that if I want to continue moving on in life, I'll have to, because the fact is, people often lose that which is important to them, and it's foolish to [be like Tempus and] try to get them back, or in real life, take one's anger out on someone else until you turn into a spiteful old geezer XD. So aside from the small reference of Lucy to her brother, Aura to her parents (she was close to her Mother), and Tempus to his hometown, there's some personal sentiment in there, since I'm just an emotional little kid trying to grow up and find some emotional stability :P

[spoiler=Response]

I'mmm... not so sure how that happened~

Yeah, I really got nothing there. >< I'm going to go ahead and blame Marky for doing something to the base ROM >_>' XD but hey it seemed to have worked out I guess... o-o

and regarding the game-play mechanics, yes, those were ASM hacks. XP

And I'm glad you like those last few lines. Right now, I'm struggling to find something that will fill in the hole in my heart when it finally does open up. I know that at some point, it will, but I don't want to not have those feelings out of fear of losing them. I haven't quite found anything to fill in that hole, but I know that if I want to continue moving on in life, I'll have to, because the fact is, people often lose that which is important to them, and it's foolish to [be like Tempus and] try to get them back, or in real life, take one's anger out on someone else until you turn into a spiteful old geezer XD. So aside from the small reference of Lucy to her brother, Aura to her parents (she was close to her Mother), and Tempus to his hometown, there's some personal sentiment in there, since I'm just an emotional little kid trying to grow up and find some emotional stability :P

Oh, I can understand what you're saying. I also noticed that there were your personal feelings in those lines. => I don't know if it was that obvious, but I kinda felt you were also talking about yourself.

You know, at the end of my first book the main character searches for something or someone with whom fill the emptiness of his soul. I really used the same expressions in many parts of that chapter of mine and I was surprised when I read those sentences at the end of your trial chapter. I didn't see them coming, but I can feel what you said.

I, as well, have an empty hole in my soul which I'm still trying to fill out... I need to find an answer, or even more than one... and maybe that hole won't be filled forever anyway but.. eh, I guess this is life. We are always trying to fulfill our inner satisfaction and happiness someway.

I'm working on yet another song for the hack.

Here's Handful of Hope

I haven't made any progress on that defense mission yet, mainly due to lacking a big enough cast of characters, so I'm likely gonna be trying to work on a different chapter in the mean time. I DID remove the "wall trees" though.

I think I'm also gonna start doing commentaries on the public chapter betas to give insight on the chapters, as well as talk about the hack in general, since I feel the need to go into more detail about it.

Feel free to leave questions here and I'll answer them both in this thread and in my videos.

• 3 weeks later...

A'ight. So. News.

I'm still working on this. The reason why I haven't given out updates lately is because most of our updates have to do with stuff like weapons, classes, and other things that most people probably don't care about.

However, the reason why I am updating today is because I recently learned how to ASM hack, and I fully intend to put it to use.

I've been brainstorming some ideas on how to use it, such as pulling an FE4 and making talk conversations up stats. For example, maybe Lussaria will have a talk conversation with Feltyn that involves her speed issues, so he teaches her how to be a bit quicker on her feet, resulting in a +1 speed for Lucy.

That's a pretty simple ASM hack though. I recently made an ASM hack where I gave all the enemies 100 HP, which was hilariously ridiculous. I also did an ASM hack that temporarily disables the RNG, making all of your attacks hit and land crits given they have at least 1 of either.

I also had this crazy idea that I'm thinking about using for my defense mission where engaging in combat with any enemy causes them to copy your stats. Unfortunately I don't know any way to make the game change the specific enemy you engaged with, so until then, I'll probably not use this idea.

Blazer suggested a pretty neat idea that involves having a blacksmith who can upgrade your weapons (IE: Iron Sword -> Killing Edge) for a price. I could make it so that this is the only way to get Mythril Weapons (Silver sword -> Mythril Sword).

My friend Manbreakfast suggested a "Poison Fog" chapter where you lose health each turn unless you're close to an enemy who isn't effected.

That's just a few things I might try. I'm interested in what you guys/girls want to say. Feel free to give me suggestions.

A village that gives you an item that says "do not use." If a character uses it, their HP goes all the way down to 0. Not a useful item, but it fetches a high price. Say... 60000 gold?

Compounding on this idea, how about an item that gives you a game over and erases your save if you ever put it in your inventory.

Compounding on this idea, how about an item that gives you a game over and erases your save if you ever put it in your inventory.

ohhh ohhh, or maybe an item that lowers a character to their bases if they ever pick it up!

A village that gives you an item that says "do not use." If a character uses it, their HP goes all the way down to 0. Not a useful item, but it fetches a high price. Say... 60000 gold?

For a joke item, I actually considered making a "Suicide Pill" with the description "Cures your neverending sadness..."

ohhh ohhh, or maybe an item that lowers a character to their bases if they ever pick it up!

I like this idea, but I think it could be more useful. Maybe it lowers your character to their bases, but doesn't display the change in your stat menu. That way the player won't be surprised or shocked when they open their menu and see their stats lowered.