Fire Mumblem: The Chronicles of Lussaria (Beta 1 Released! 1/2/2014)

MarkyJoe1990

I like this idea, but I think it could be more useful. Maybe it lowers your character to their bases, but doesn't display the change in your stat menu. That way the player won't be surprised or shocked when they open their menu and see their stats lowered.

that sounds much better. it could also reduce their weapon uses to 0, and not show it, so that as soon as they enter a battle, they don't get to attack, and they get wrecked because > base stats |D

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you gonna make it super pricey?

I "considered" making it. That doesn't mean I will. Maybe for a quick laugh I might.

To answer your question, I'd probably not make shops sell it.

Could we please get back to suggesting ideas to me now? I don't particularly appreciate the discussion about making detrimental novelty items.

Edited by MarkyJoe1990

The ability to alter a character's promoted class depending on the promotion item they are using? Like if Lucy uses a Guiding Ring she becomes a Droid, uses a Knight Crest she becomes a Mage Knight, etcera.

The ability to alter a character's promoted class depending on the promotion item they are using? Like if Lucy uses a Guiding Ring she becomes a Droid, uses a Knight Crest she becomes a Mage Knight, etcera.

I like being a robot that knows magic better than a girl on a horse.

DO IT MARKYJOE

I like being a robot that knows magic better than a girl on a horse.

DO IT MARKYJOE

Oh, yeah. Marc told me he's planning on having robots in the hack now.

I'm pretty sure it was a typo. Pay no mind to it.

Actually, it would suck.

Yeah, it would be pretty awesome. Robots in a Fire Emblem hack. Make it happen, Marc. Don't disappoint us!!!

I had an idea about robots, it involved having a separate unit that was like a mech suit that could rescue a pilot unit for massive stat gains(Like, maybe it would also have 0 base movement but could get 5-7 when it rescues the pilot). Based on what I've seen from SE, I'm sure it could be done.

I had an idea about robots, it involved having a separate unit that was like a mech suit that could rescue a pilot unit for massive stat gains(Like, maybe it would also have 0 base movement but could get 5-7 when it rescues the pilot). Based on what I've seen from SE, I'm sure it could be done.

It sounds like something already done in SRW though. It would be sweet in a steam-punk setting though.

Another idea to bring this back on-topic is to give more bonuses when you increase a weapon rank up like in FE 11/12. Would make more sense that as you gain the ability to use stronger and more efficient weapons that the user would also improve in hit, strength,etc.

ASM ideas ...? Causing promotions to permanently change the character portrait to a promoted version (like Ike's promotions in FE9/10).

(Double the sprite work, yay!)

It' would definitely look great, but is not affecting the gameplay, so I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

A mechanic from another game that might be interesting: causing an attack to trigger another. As in, for two units A and B, having A attack an enemy will cause B to initiate a round as well right after A's attack, if B i at the right range of course.

Making the mechanic enemy-only on a defense mission could make for some really tricky tanking on enemy phase...

Edited by Miacis

ASM ideas ...? Causing promotions to permanently change the character portrait to a promoted version (like Ike's promotions in FE9/10).

(Double the sprite work, yay!)

There's already an ASM for that, and I don't wanna have to do extra spriting (Or rather, have my colleagues sprite more).

A mechanic from another game that might be interesting: causing an attack to trigger another. As in, for two units A and B, having A attack an enemy will cause B to initiate a round as well right after A's attack, if B i at the right range of course.

Making the mechanic enemy-only on a defense mission could make for some really tricky tanking on enemy phase...

So like, the Continue/Charge skill?

i think he means like dual attacks form Fe 13 but on with the untis on different squares

but i could be wrong

Pretty much, yeah. I forgot FE13 had that. Except it's not about having the two units next to each other, just be in range of the attacked unit. And they wouldn't actually attack during the same battle. Just one after another.

Not sure how difficult it would be to pull off, though.

Maybe something a bit less complex and more gimmicky: having a boss whose stats slightly decrease each time you slay one of his troops?

Edited by Miacis

Pretty much, yeah. I forgot FE13 had that. Except it's not about having the two units next to each other, just be in range of the attacked unit. And they wouldn't actually attack during the same battle. Just one after another.

Not sure how difficult it would be to pull off, though.

Maybe something a bit less complex and more gimmicky: having a boss whose stats slightly decrease each time you slay one of his troops?

If we're going for a map with multiple enemies, then that would be a problem. The boss would be way too easy to defeat.

If we're going for a map with multiple enemies, then that would be a problem. The boss would be way too easy to defeat.

Depends how high his stats would be at base, how much they would decrease with each kill, and what stats would be lowered. >_>

And how difficult the goons themselves would be to handle.

Edited by Miacis

I have no idea how hard any of this would be, but off the top of my head:

-Enemies get +1 str each turn that passes

-Enemies that have higher stats on their turn than on yours or vice-versa

-Transforming units (ala Fe3 manaketes, perhaps?)

-Rescue staves that affect enemy units instead of allies (probably used by the enemy -- tractor beam staves)

-Linked enemies -- when you kill one, the other dies as well

-Status like poison but heals instead

-Status that lowers move

-Status that increases move

-Status that brings you to 1 hp at the start of turn

-Pure water items/staves that affect other stats

-Class that regens hp each turn

-Weapon that poisons user on hit

-Vendors that sell one-of items (ie you can only buy any given item once)

-Teleporting units

A lot of that might be dumb or unfeasible, but hopefully it'll give you some ideas.

That doesn't require ASM.

And since I might as well suggest something, why not enemies that get more powerful the more HP they lose? Super Robot Wars does this sort of stuff with the prevail skill, where an enemy's power and defense will go up whilst their HP goes down. It's kind of cool.

Edited by seph1212

That doesn't require ASM.

And since I might as well suggest something, why not enemies that get more powerful the more HP they lose? Super Robot Wars does this sort of stuff with the prevail skill, where an enemy's power and defense will go up whilst their HP goes down. It's kind of cool.

I know the RAM offset that shows which player unit is currently active, but not the offset that shows which enemy is being attacked. If I ever learn it, I'll either go with your idea, or with my own idea (Attacked enemy copies all of your stats after the battle sequence).

Edited by MarkyJoe1990