H1 Marth & Catria + Magic Users Run

8 members have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy this Playthrough

• Yep. It was okay.
    • It was okay-ish...
    • Nah, didn't pique my interest!

This is one of my favorite FE's and since i've been playing it a lot lately...

Rules:

1. H1 Difficulty. All Gaidens will be played.

2. Marth, Feena, Catria and The Magic User's can be used in this run. My Unit will also be a Mage (Gender will be decided on a vote).

3. 3 Extra Units are free to be used during Prologue. Meatshielding is also allowed on Prologue.

4. An Earlygame Flier can be used.

5. Rickard can only be used for Opening Door's and chests. He can't be deployed in a chapter without chests. Julian can only be deployed to recruit Rickard and to Recruit Lena.

6. Arena Abuse is forbidden in this run.

7. All Characters will be recruited.

8. Clock Bonus, The Rainbow Potion, Lunatic Statboosters and Wi-fi features cannot be used. Forging can only be used to +3 of each interval (+3 Mt, +15 Hit, +9 Crit)

9. All Staves can be used except for Warp.

10. No Reclassing for combat purposes. It may be used for the sole purpose for getting items from caves.

Exceptions:

1. Palla is free for Chapter 3

2. Ogma and Sirius are free for Chapter 4

3. Navarre is free for Chapter 7

[spoiler=Chapter Directory]

MU Creation

Prologue I-III

Prologue IV

Prologue V-VI

Prologue VII

Prologue VIII

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 3x

Chapter 4

Chapter 5 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 6 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 6x

Chapter 7

Chapter 8

Chapter 9

Chapter 10 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 10x

Chapter 11 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 12 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 13 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 13x

Chapter 14 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 15 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 16 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 16x

Chapter 17

Chapter 18

Chapter 19 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 20 [Pt. A, Pt. B, Pt. C]

Chapter 20x

Chapter 21 [Pt. A, Pt. B]

Chapter 22

Chapter 23

Endgame

Character Analysis

Edited by Peppy

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd help if you could name a Female name too. The female mage might win in votes...

Lady. It's the "name" of a female character in the same game Vergil is in. Do it man. Do it.

Also go for male if you have the class restrictions on the males removed and reclass him between the 3 magic types every chapter just for the hell of it. Female otherwise.

Lady. It's the "name" of a female character in the same game Vergil is in. Do it man. Do it.

Also go for male if you have the class restrictions on the males removed and reclass him between the 3 magic types every chapter just for the hell of it. Female otherwise.

Sounds good!

I'm probably not going to do the reclass thing but i may reclass the Male to a Sorcerer when promoted (Dark Mage Bias).

Where's my no early flier and no warp option? :( (I would vote for that)

Anyway, Female MU. Name: Sarah

Early flier

Palla Falco cuz had to vote for it.

And Yubello for maximum trollage.

You should seriously consider no flier no warp. It wouldnt be a magic users run with a flier :P

You should seriously consider no flier no warp. It wouldnt be a magic users run with a flier :P

Sorry but there is just some places where i either need a warp staff or an early flier to get to a place on time. One area in particular are the Ch. 21 Thieves. Take note that i'm no good with LTC.

Okay, let's get this started.

Female MU Will be Used.

An Earlygame Flier will be Used instead of the Warp Staff. Falco!Catria is this Flyer.

Yubello will be in the team if there is room for him...

The name selected is... Lady.

[spoiler=My Unit Creation]

This is what she will look like.

MUCreation.png

This is her Past trait. (+5% Strength, +5% Magic)

Past.png

This is her Present trait. (+20% HP)

Present.png

...and this is her Future trait. (+15% Skill, +15% Speed)

Future.png

This means that these are her overall growths:

HP - 70%, Str - 15%, Mag - 50%, Skl - 65%, Spd - 60%, Luk - 60%, Def - 5%, Res - 20%

Prologue I-III

Turns Taken:

(Prologue I): 4 turns

(Prologue II): 3 turns

(Prologue III): 4 turns

[spoiler=Prologue I-III]

1ShortWork.png

Lady makes short work of this soldier. She takes a hit though...

2Dead.png

Bye-Bye, soldier...

3Non-One-Shot.png

Luckily, She doesn't get one-shotted here so she only chugs 1 Vulnerary use.

4JagenDead.png

Jagen falls quite easily.

5Decent.png

Well, could of been worse.

6PrologueII.png

We start off with Prologue II. Ryan is the one and only extra unit this chapter.

7AttackLady.png

Luke goes to attack Lady.

8RyanChips.png

Ryan Chips Luke.

9LadyKills.png

Lady then goes for the kill.

10Nice.png

Pretty Nice. :):

11RodyAttacks.png

Rody then tries to attack Lady.

12RyanChips.png

Ryan Chips again.

13LadyKills.png

Lady then gets the finishing kill for this chapter.

14PrologueIIIPosition.png

Prologue III. Luke is on the fort.

15Respond.png

This is how the enemies respond.

16RyanChips.png

Ryan Chips, once again.

17LadyKills.png

Once again, Lady goes for the kill.

18LukeandRody.png

Luke and Rody team up to kill the Merc.

19Miss.png

This is nice. The fighter missed.

20TeamUp.png

Ryan and Lady team up for this kill.

21ComingAlong.png

Nice to see that Lady's magic and speed is going along good.

22LuringinSheeda.png

I lure in Sheeda.

23EXP.png

Lady tries to get the last of the EXP she can in this last turn.

24SheedaGone.png

Ryan finishes off Sheeda.

25Ryanlevelsup.png

Ryan gets a level up. Decent enough!

26AthenasRoute.png

I'll be going to Athena's Map. This is enough for now so i'll continue later.

Lady so good.

I must say...keep up entertaining me, and I will try out FE12. I never thought of going through with it, but the game looks pretty awesome.

Well, things will get more interesting once i get into the actual chapters. If you do decide to try this game, wait until the full translation patch is done (So you don't have to go through the trouble of replacing the old rom).

I can never fathom just why the hell the developers decided it was a good idea to give Magic class such horrible bases and none of them having a speed cap over 25.

My real complaint is that unless MU goes for the defensive bonuses in MU's creation, the Mage will always have shitty defense all the way to the end. The speed cap also makes them hard to use in the final chapters of FE12 Lunatic mode.

Edited by Otacon

My real complaint is that unless MU goes for the defensive bonuses in MU's creation, the Mage will always have shitty defense all the way to the end. The speed cap also makes them hard to use in the final chapters of FE12 Lunatic mode.

Poor durability is a staple trait for magic units throughout all games. In FE11 and FE12 mages have the second lowest base speed of the reclass classes (lower than archers and promoted magic units match a General's speed) and have unimpressive magic growth to boot.

Lunatic throws several classes out the window during the lategame. Favorite unit types become unusable for some and certain classes become a must really.

Edited by Sirius

Poor durability is a staple trait for magic units throughout all games. In FE11 and FE12 mages have the second lowest base speed of the reclass classes (lower than archers and promoted magic units match a General's speed) and have unimpressive magic growth to boot.

Lunatic throws several classes out the window during the endgame. Favorite unit types become unusable and certain classes become a must really.

I know but i find that 5% is quite low compared to the average defense they get. I did manage to beat Lunatic while sticking with Female Mage MU for the entire playthrough though.

I do agree with you though, The Mages get railroaded here since IS decided to make them this bad.

Edited by Otacon

I dont find mages in H1 to be bad at all. Heck, mages are actually pretty useful in Lunatic from time to time too (Merric/Etzel [excalibur] Linde [Aura/Nosferatu]). Also, I've always preferred this setup for H1 Mage Female My Unit:

+2skl/spd base +5%skl/spd growth

+1str/mag base +10%str/mag growth

+30% hp growth

This gives Female Mage My Unit the following bases:

HP 18 Str 3 Mag 4 Skl 6 Spd 6 Lck 3 Def 2 Res 3 Tome D

Growths:

HP 80% Str 25% Mag 55% Skl 55% Spd 50% Lck 60% Def 5% Res 20%

Female Mage My Unit's def will forever suck, even with def growth bonus, so I have her focus instead on her hp growth so she can be an adequate Nosferatank later. Her base spd + the 50% growth goes a longer way than a slightly better growth with a 4 spd base. Still, you dont seem to have as bad luck as me when i tried 60% spd growth mage MU :P

I dont find mages in H1 to be bad at all. Heck, mages are actually pretty useful in Lunatic from time to time too (Merric/Etzel [excalibur] Linde [Aura/Nosferatu]). Also, I've always preferred this setup for H1 Mage Female My Unit:

+2skl/spd base +5%skl/spd growth

+1str/mag base +10%str/mag growth

+30% hp growth

This gives Female Mage My Unit the following bases:

HP 18 Str 3 Mag 4 Skl 6 Spd 6 Lck 3 Def 2 Res 3 Tome D

Growths:

HP 80% Str 25% Mag 55% Skl 55% Spd 50% Lck 60% Def 5% Res 20%

Female Mage My Unit's def will forever suck, even with def growth bonus, so I have her focus instead on her hp growth so she can be an adequate Nosferatank later. Her base spd + the 50% growth goes a longer way than a slightly better growth with a 4 spd base. Still, you dont seem to have as bad luck as me when i tried 60% spd growth mage MU :P

Well so far, in another playthrough, My Male mage had 8 speed on Lv. 13 with the same settings as i chose in this playthrough.

Do Male Growths differ from Female Growths for Mages?

Well so far, in another playthrough, My Male mage had 8 speed on Lv. 13 with the same settings as i chose in this playthrough.

Do Male Growths differ from Female Growths for Mages?

Afaik, no. The only difference is Male and Female specific magic, I guess.

The vote will end tomorrow around 2:00 EST.

Prologue IV

Turns Taken: 4 turns

[spoiler=Prologue IV]

1Beginning.png

Ryan will not be doing anything this chapter. I chose my Three extra units to be Luke, Sheeda and Rody

2Formation.png

This is how i set up my team first turn. Sheeda goes nearby before the turn ends.

3ArcherBait.png

For some reason, Lady is better Archer Bait than Wrys.

4ArcherDead.png

Wrys Heals Rody and then Lady kills off the Archer. Sheeda can now tank against these enemies.

5SheedakillSoldier.png

Sheeda Kills this soldier. Rody then takes the Soldier's spot.

6Athena.png

I positioned my units like that because Sheeda is the only person in this team who doesn't get doubled by her.

7LadyChips.png

Wrys Heals up Sheeda, Lady attacks Athena. Rody stays where he is.

8LadyLevelUp.png

Could of been better there, Lady.

9AthenaDown.png

Rody finishes off the Mercenary, Wrys Heals Sheeda and then Lady finishes off Athena.

10Finished.png

Sheeda and Luke Finish off the Mercenary. This is it for Prologue IV