Soul's Maniac Mode playthrough

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd promote Mist for sure.

I don't like Mist, to be honest. And judging by the amount of BEXP I'll get...I don't think it'll be enough to go around my other units- Unless there's another method, of course. I heard she can do things with the Rescue staff (haven't checked, but does that thing even exist in this game?)

Well you haven't really given us many updates since the first, so... :P

You're right, I think I'll have more updates once I go through Ch 6. It's really a pain.

I'd like to see more screenshots. Maybe 2-3 instead of 1.

Not a bad idea.

But anything specific?

ok guys updates 8]

Chapter 6

So yeah, this is Ch 6:

FFFFF-.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hsO7Xq717c

Fuck this chapter. I spent tons of time restarting this to get the 5-turn strategy I wanted to achieve, and it was hard when I had to look after Boyd, Soren, Rhys and Ike from not dying.

Ch62.png

My first strategy was to have Titania and Oscar Rescue-Drop Ike close to the boss.

But after trying many, many times, and even after spending an Angelic Robe on Ike, it always ended up in this:

ghdsg.png

In the end, I realized all I had to do was a variation from the first two strategies (both had Titania and Oscar go through either side of the map but to the same end) was to have Oscar Rescue Ike all to the very end until Titania could just take out the boss and have Oscar Escape with Ike:

Ch63.png

Oscar being a bro and taking hits for his friends

Ch64.png

Titania needs two Str procs from base to cleanly 1RKO the boss with a Steel Axe. She's right there.

So yeah, after careful placement reguarding Oscar, it was kind of easy in the end.

Boyd, Soren and Rhys stayed at the forest to the North and took out a few enemies up there. It seems I lost the images for those, but I did struggle having them survive a few times.

Unit      Level HP Str Mag Skl Spd Lck Def Res   Support
Ike       5.39  22  7   2   9   9   8   7   2
Titania   3.94  35 13   4  14  15  12  12   8
Soren     4.74  20  1   8   9   8   6   3   8
Oscar     6.86  27  8   2   6   9   6  10   2
Boyd      5.88  32 10   0   5   9   5   8   2

5 turns.

Note: Fuck. This. Shit

Chapter 7

Ch7.png

This chapter, to be honest, was alot easier than I remember. I literally got this one on my very first try, but since I wasn't convinced with my turncount (9 Turns), I restarted it and also took a few snapshots.

knights2.png

knights.png

Knights. Knights everywhere. These bastards actually costs me turns after I was done with my Hammer uses with Titania, and besides her, only Soren and Gatrie did considerable damage.

So the strategy was, Titania took on the West side and ascended all up to the little chest room and up to the boss. Ike, Soren and Mia stayed at the other little room and handled the enemies there. Boyd stayed at the East corner hall and Oscar went up the North-Eastern hall and killed the enemy Thieves. Shinon and Gatrie assisted Titania with the Knights up at the North, among with other enemies.

badass.png

You know, this is kind of irrelevant, but I just can't get over how badass Greil looks in that one scene. Don't you think so?

Ike       6.68  23  8   3   9  10   9   7   2
Titania   5.30  37 15   5  15  17  14  12   9
Soren     5.94  20  1   9   9   9   7   3   9
Oscar     8.48  29  8   2   8  10   6  11   3
Boyd      6.64  33 11   0   5  10   5   8   2
Mia       6.92  21  7   0  10  13   6   7   2

Note: I didn't have much trouble with the increased enemy quantatity, as not many of them bore 2-range and Titania 1RKO'd most of them barring the Knights (which she needed a Hammer for, anyway).

7 turns.

Chapter 8

Preparations screen

I buy the weapons the team needs, but I try to use the money sparingly at it's very scarce. I couldn't even afford to sell the Pole Axe because I knew I'd need it later on.

BEXP

Ike, Soren, Boyd and Mia to lvl 7.

Supports

Ike x Oscar C

------

Ch8cutiething.png

charge.png

So yeah, here we have another Defend chapter. Not very interesting, in my opinion. Having to sit here 8 turns while I turtle my way with my units and CEXP...not very cool.

Titania guarded the main entrance at first and later left the left-overs for Soren and Boyd so they could later take over her job at the front. Boyd took the West entrance at first, then switched places with Titania. Oscar guarded the East entrance for 8 turns. Ike killed like 3-left overs and Mia only dodged about 3 hits in these 8 turns.

Ch75.png

Oscar being a bro again and fighting for his friends. That's what he did for all those 8 turns.

WehaveaBoyd.png

You can tell the boss is too scared to get close to Boyd. Just look at him there at the corner.

Tiamat.png

Titania never ceases to impress. Please keep being awesome.

Ch8gfdIke.png

Stop sucking, Ike. Could you at least try to be better than Mia?

Ike       8.03  24  8   3  10  10   9   7   3   C Oscar
Titania   6.22  38 15   6  16  18  15  12  10
Soren     8.32  22  1  10  10  11   8   3  11
Oscar    10.66  30 10   2  10  11   7  12   3   C Ike
Boyd      8.36  35 13   0   7  10   6   8   3
Mia       7.03  22  8   0  11  14   7   7   2 

8 turns.

Edited by Soul

badass.png

You know, this is kind of irrelevant, but I just can't get over how badass Greil looks in that one scene. Don't you think so?

I love how his name is UNKNOWN and the picture is so fucking obviously Greil and the voice is probably also so fucking obviously Greil.

hi soul i actually read and like this thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...