(Heroes) Complete English translation patch released (v3.01)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most important thing is why is that general wielding two silver lances? A cunning strategy wherein even if you break his weapon, he has another one in reserve?

In my experience, when an enemy unit has a normal and a forged version of the same weapon, most of the time, the normal version drops, and they will only ever use the forged version, allowing you to get the normal version with full uses when you kill that enemy.

Lol, that's an interesting forging "glitch".

I'd like to think it's easily solvable, but I just hope we're not space-restricted.

EDIT

Actually, I can't get my head around how this works. Logically you should be seeing the Japanese for "Silv. Lance", since WE never wrote "Silv. Lance" anywhere, I think.

Edited by VincentASM

How do you get the bonus content stuff? I renamed the savestate as the name for the game file but I still do not have the stuff. I thought by renaming the save state will erase the memory for my previous runs but it hasn't. Or is it that I am accessing the wrong memory?

How do you get the bonus content stuff? I renamed the savestate as the name for the game file but I still do not have the stuff. I thought by renaming the save state will erase the memory for my previous runs but it hasn't. Or is it that I am accessing the wrong memory?

Which emulator are you using? For DeSmuME you need to rename identical to the ROM and drop it in the /battery folder.

Which emulator are you using? For DeSmuME you need to rename identical to the ROM and drop it in the /battery folder.

I got it. The savestate was in the same folder as the game file when it should have been in the Battery folder. Thanks.

the forge name is shortened, it's the unforged weapon name that's not shortened

Yeah, that's what it is. I'm just bad at explaining things...

Could have sworn I'd read that somewhere. Well, I can't confirm myself, because I haven't gotten that far in normal mode yet. Either way, I'm completely certain that hard mode has forged weapons, and that Lunatic mode makes them get the forges sooner than Hard mode.

Note : Being completely certain does not guard against being wrong.

Forged weapons only start appearing in Maniac Mode.

Lol, that's an interesting forging "glitch".

I'd like to think it's easily solvable, but I just hope we're not space-restricted.

EDIT

Actually, I can't get my head around how this works. Logically you should be seeing the Japanese for "Silv. Lance", since WE never wrote "Silv. Lance" anywhere, I think.

I think it might have worked like that since i used the Old Translation Patch before. Maybe test it out with a clean rom to see how the forged weapon names turn out...

Edited by Otacon

Is there a complete list of name changes or is it mostly what's on the site/fan names?

I don't think we ever outright changed a name, short of englishifying it a bit. There was the whole Vergil thing, but that got reverted so...

I don't know if I'll have the heart to kill a boss named Guile ;_;

I'm really impressed, though, you guys did it much faster than I was expecting. Maybe I should have payed a bit more attention to progress :P