(Heroes) Complete English translation patch released (v3.01)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that page there is a link to the Shadow Dragon names page. One of the defnitions is :

Fan name: Derived by English Fire Emblem fans. There are other fan names besides the one listed; the fan names listed here are the ones commonly used on this site and also in the Mystery of the Emblem fan translation.

In that page there is a link to the Shadow Dragon names page. One of the defnitions is :

Fan name: Derived by English Fire Emblem fans. There are other fan names besides the one listed; the fan names listed here are the ones commonly used on this site and also in the Mystery of the Emblem fan translation.

I think they are talking about the translation of the original FE3.

Mystery of the Emblem fan translation.

This isn't the Mystery of the Emblem translation, it's the New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ Translation. It was decided that the NoA names would be used very, very early into things. and if you'd play the game for 20 seconds or learn to read better, you wouldn't have this problem *shot for being an asshole*

asdfghjkl

Oh my god.

Oh.

My.

God.

I can't... I can't... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Big thanks to everyone who worked really hard on this project!

/begin hermit mode

Edited by Esme

I have to commend you guys. It's a really well done translations. All the characters' amnnerisms, speech patterns, accents and whatnot are the same as they were in SD. It isn't just a direct translation that one would usually see in other games.

Having finished the translated game on Hard mode just yesterday, I feel that the least I can do to honour all the effort that has gone into this is to say "thank you".

The translation is top quality - not only is the writing very good, it easily matches and even exceeds many commercial translations. It's not a sloppy translation like FE5's that breaks half the game, has silly memes in it and feels rushed - no, it's very well done and enjoyable.

So: thank you guys for translating this, for allowing us to play what is probably the best FE so far in English, and for being thorough. All the time spent waiting for the translation was well worth it!

Edited by Scarlet

has silly memes in it

I wouldn't say that much, although they're at least integrated well~

VbM5u.pngOSB0k.png

At the risk of sounding ill, though, you haven't any idea how thankful I am for this translation. I have no complaints; from start to finish, everything was lovely, and had I been told this was actually Nintendo of not-Japan's doing after playing it I'd not for a second have doubted it. It was truly high-quality stuff.

@Iridium hopefully Vincent will be taking them out soon I didn't know about them or I'd have raised hell about it XP

Yeah

Because clearly, a translator can't even sneak a few (fitting) jokes into something he's doing absolutely for free

I wouldn't say that much, although they're at least integrated well~

VbM5u.pngOSB0k.png

At the risk of sounding ill, though, you haven't any idea how thankful I am for this translation. I have no complaints; from start to finish, everything was lovely, and had I been told this was actually Nintendo of not-Japan's doing after playing it I'd not for a second have doubted it. It was truly high-quality stuff.

I'll let those slide, as it's not the BS that slipped into the Thracia776 translation.

I mean, the 'in America' line was so unexpected I just stared at the screen for a moment, loaded an earlier save state, and looked at it again. These at least fit.

I like how in the prologue, most conversations have gay overtones to them. Was this intentional? I'm curious.

Probably, unless it's Luke hitting on Rody or something (Prologue 3, for example, should have Luke salivating over the "new sister").