(Heroes) Complete English translation patch released (v3.01)

The dialogue for female/male My Units are almost identical so I suppose it was intentional to some extent. A lot of it sounded weirder in English than it did in Japanese, though.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Arrow to the knee" is getting axed in the next revision, whenever that comes out. However, the "come at me bros" joke is staying, because I didn't know it was a joke (i.e I didn't add it) and I haven't heard any/much complaints about that.

Personally I'm surprised at some of the backlash against the "arrow to the knee" joke, but it's just a joke and not one I really care for, so I don't mind getting rid of it. I just thought it'd be interesting to see it in the game and IMO it's more fun than Rickard just saying "...when we get injured", but oh well ^^

"Arrow to the knee" is getting axed in the next revision, whenever that comes out. However, the "come at me bros" joke is staying, because I didn't know it was a joke (i.e I didn't add it) and I haven't heard any/much complaints about that.

Personally I'm surprised at some of the backlash against the "arrow to the knee" joke, but it's just a joke and not one I really care for, so I don't mind getting rid of it. I just thought it'd be interesting to see it in the game and IMO it's more fun than Rickard just saying "...when we get injured", but oh well ^^

nooo

ignore them, just keep it

The arrow to the knee thing was actually a reference the translators put in? It honestly sounded like the kinda thing Rickard would say...

I sort of agree on the last part. I could say the same for Cord. Personally, I didn't mind whether they were in there or not, and I'm usually the sort of person that reacts badly to forced memes.

Of course, if that sort of thing is all it takes for certain people to have a poor opinion of the entire otherwise-excellent patch, then it's easier to change the line than people's argumentative natures~

5Odd.png

I come across a weird glitch where if i promote Linde with a 100 Hit tome, Her Hit isn't displayed here. It also not displayed right before her stats go up during the promotion.

She had 17 Skill and 17 Luck.

BTW, that occurs in the original too.

Presumably it's because her Hit is above 127, the magic number.

Yes, yes it was.

Thanks for telling me this!

And what about the small comment from Samto when he is disgusing as Navarre in his recruitment conversation if Caeda was talking to him? (I don't think I ever seen alot of localized games that any character ever say like "(Whoa, she's smoking!)" and I am not sure if that's kind too modern or not), shouldn't that also counted to be axed as well and maybe axing some of the swearing like "Damn", "Ass", and "Hell" also? (that I don't recall ever seen those were used in Shadow Dragon), but I think there is like alot of them say "Blast" or other words (that not a like a few swearing shown in Radiant Dawn and Ike's death quote in the final chapter in Path of Radiance)?

And I think there was a space between "There" and "in" that was missing in the conversation with Jagen and Avatar/Chris on Chapter 6.

And by the way, will the next updated patch will going to use the official localized names for Avatar/Chris, Katarina, Roro, Maris/Malice, Barbarian, and some of the FE12 weapons that appeared when they will release Awakening in North America? (incase if they get their names changed or got revealed in the next trailer like the Glass Sword (that the name is still the same from the Japanese version) from the 2nd English Nintendo Direct trailer)

Edited by King Marth 64

First question: No, it's fine : P

Second: "Therein" is a word and is being correctly used in that line.

Third: Not the next patch, but a later one, yes.

By the way, I think I found something that in the bottom screen where Frey giving the lectures in Prologue VI that it doesn't change the Avatar's name and still left it as "Chris" if Avatar's name got change. Is this kinda more an error or that doesn't normally change it when the Player give Avatar a different name?

Edited by King Marth 64

By the way, I think I found something that in the bottom screen where Frey giving the lectures in Prologue VI that it doesn't change the Avatar's name and still left it as "Chris" if Avatar's name got change. Is this kinda more an error or that doesn't normally change it when the Player give Avatar a different name?

It's a screenshot of the game, in-game.

It's just graphics. It's not going to change depending on MU's name.

Edited by shadowofchaos

And what about the small comment from Samto when he is disgusing as Navarre in his recruitment conversation if Caeda was talking to him? (I don't think I ever seen alot of localized games that any character ever say like "(Whoa, she's smoking!)"

That's in the Japanese text, brackets included. Also, I refute that with the "Father of Sothe's children" line from FE10.

am i the only having problems getting this to run? when i use desmume i get terrible slowdown so that it's almost unplayable, and when i use NO$GBA the sound effects are missing. any help would be greatly appreciated.

If Desmume is slow, then chances are your PC isn't powerful enough to handle it.

Get a better machine, use a flashcart or settle with the lack of sound effects - which, frankly, isn't really a big deal.

(Recruiting Maria)

Maria:

Oh! You must be Prince Marth! (My, he's so dashing!) ...Thank you for rescuing me. Please be sure to tell my sister I am free. She'll be grateful for the news. Now then. Shall we be off? I'm coming with you, of course. ...No protesting! I wish to help!

Yep. Precisely put, nearly enough.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished playing this. The translation team did a wonderful job on it. Think they'd be interested in a retranslation of FE6?

I dunno why Nintendo didn't release this and Mother 3 in English, but it's their loss. Fans do what Nintendon't.