(Heroes) Complete English translation patch released (v3.01)

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, it happened.

Time to play FE12 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: you released it on thanksgiving weekend

is there a thing that is the opposite of literally hitler

because you guys are that

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

Is there any way to transfer my current save file data onto the patch from the first one you guys released a while back? If so, will everything remain intact as well as added translations to main story, dialogue etc.?

\o/ its a shame I have the 84MB one instead of the 128MB and cant find the untrimmed version anywhere :/. Is there any way to patch the 84MB thingy

I can PM you a link to the 128MB file if you'd like, Horse. It's the one I've been using for my run this entire time.

I can PM you a link to the 128MB file if you'd like, Horse. It's the one I've been using for my run this entire time.

No you can't. Don't take it any further than this.

EDIT: In fact, this is a decent place to leave a reminder that asking for/providing links to ROMs, even via PM, is sort of illegal and don't do it.

Edited by Mr. Sparkles

My apologies, guys. That rule kinda slipped my mind for a second. But what I can tell you is that the site you can grab it from isn't impossible to find. It just takes a bit of hunting. Good luck to you.

Save files aren't affected by the patch.

You just need to be a bit smart and you'll be able to carry on from your previous progress.

Firstly, rename the save file so it matches the ROM. In most cases, it should be "Fire Emblem 12-patched".

NO$GBA - Place the save file in the BATTERY folder.

DeSmuME - Place the save file in the same folder as the ROM. If in doubt, try importing "Backup Memory".

WARNING: save files can NOT be combined. So if you already have a save file, using one of the save files means you must start right back at the beginning.

Be sure to backup your ROM/save files if in doubt.

Save files aren't affected by the patch.

You just need to be a bit smart and you'll be able to carry on from your previous progress.

Be sure to backup your ROM/save files if in doubt.

I tried the method you posted, but when the savestate loads, the game jitters and freezes upon selecting my current file.

I found one bug in it, maybe you guys already know about it however. In the character chart, Nyna has a chunk of her face missing.

Oops. I'm guessing NTG slipped up with the graphics.

Will be fixed in the next version, thanks!

oh hey you found someone to fix that asm

good, if you had counted on me it would probably have pushed you back at least another two months

We still haven't : (

Edited by VincentASM

Timing is great. I just finished my third playthrough of Path of Radiance before losing GameCube compatibility on my Wii U upgrade.

I know we can't talk about ROMs, but how about emulators? Can some recommend (not point to) a decent DS emulator for OS X? And is there a difference between a DS and DSi emulator that would affect this patch?

If not OS X, I can boot up in Windows 7 and use an emulator for the PC.

I was patching it and it gave me this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Any ideas on what program its talking about? >_>

I was patching it and it gave me this error:

"The program can't start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" Any ideas on what program its talking about? >_>

Try installing this (64-bit OS) or this (32-bit OS)

Holy shit, it happened.

Time to play FE12 weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

EDIT: you released it on thanksgiving weekend

is there a thing that is the opposite of literally hitler

because you guys are that

That'd be Schindler, I think.

Anyway, good work. I might play FE12 someday now.