Dat SRW W draft

Excellen Browning

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me drafting the elijah kiel is actually banned, but I haven't drafted the red frame, from which it inherits. Hmm, that's a bit of a loophole. I will change the rule for this as follows:

The "parent" and all "child" mechs may not be drafted onto the same team unless there are no other drafting options available. All "children" mechs may be drafted without restriction, however.

Also, since the rules don't explicitly state we can't upgrade mechs we haven't drafted I could, per example, FUB the Red Frame Astray and let the upgrades carry over to one or more of my drafted units. Updating the rules so undrafted units may not have their stats or weapons upgraded.

Quick question, Since Mu and Gai aren't too big a deal in their part 1 appearances, can they be free units for those chapters? ie Mu being free in the Mobius Zero for chapters 3 and 10.

SHIT, I think I just banned myself from drafting the Buster or Justice Gundams.

Edited by Sirius

How exactly are you going to handle Rapier and Hyperion anyway? You need to have a decent D-Boy to even think about Rapier and then Hyperion needs Kira and Prayer.

Edited by FEAnon

Quick question, Since Mu and Gai aren't too big a deal in their part 1 appearances, can they be free units for those chapters? ie Mu being free in the Mobius Zero for chapters 3 and 10.

SHIT, I think I just banned myself from drafting the Buster or Justice Gundams.

I prefer not to make exceptions when not absolutely necessary because I have a very heavy preference for keeping rules simple and uniform.

How exactly are you going to handle Rapier and Hyperion anyway? You need to have a decent D-Boy to even think about Rapier and then Hyperion needs Kira and Prayer.

Accept it as a fact of life you won't be able to get some of your drafts and move on? We've done this up till now and it seems to be working fine.

EDIT:

So after inquiring what Sirius meant with banning himself from drafting Justice and Buster, he tells me that buster and justice inherit from freedom which inherits from strike. Which means upgrading strike also ends up being upgrades on the justice and buster. Also edtied it for hyperion and Dreadnought.

Edited by Daigoji Excellen

Then you don't draft her unless you're the person that drafted Tekkaman Blade, meaning that he who drafted Tekkaman Blade has pretty much secured Rapier, who sucks anyway and seeing as how no one will draft Rapier due to her requisite in this case, the person who drafted Blade made a good call for Rapier (whether he's aware of it or not).

There's times when a bunch of units are leftover as free for all, this is a likely case for Rapier and Hyperion.

Edited by Sirius