Gatrie or Nephenee?

I'm about to head into Part 4 Endgame, but I'm not sure whoto bring. A little help? Their stats:

Gatrie

Level 12 Marshall

HP: 54

Str: 35

Mag: 10

Skl: 31

Spd: 31

Lck: 21

Def: 37

Res: 22

Nephenee

Lv 15 Sentinel

HP: 56

Str: 26

Mag: 15

Skl: 35

Spd: 34

Def: 29

Res: 26

Edited by Hero of Lite

I say Nephenee. Her stats are more balanced, especially her resistance. Part 4 has a lot of mages after all. Just to make things safe though you could always give her the Imbune skill.

Yes, but it's only a 4 point res difference, and if it is a major issue, a barrier staff or holy water can be used on Gatrie to make up the difference (plus kurth is forced into 4-E and he has bad move, perfect for Gatrie). That 8 point def lead, 2 point hp lead, and especially that 9 point str lead are more noticeable to me.

Not to mention Gatrie can grow more levels, and its not like laguz royals need the bexp, though Haar and Ike might give Gatrie some competition, as well as Shinion if you are using him.

And Gatrie's res ain't exactly bad. I agree with Sho on the royal, or Renning (though he's about on par, or slightly worse than Gatrie, but he's a badass), but if you're set on picking one of them, Gatrie. Another wyrmslayer user is always nice for 4-E-3.

I'd take Neph just because I like her more, but her Str is a little low. If you don't have a personal preference, maybe you should go with Gatrie.

Though considering how long ago you posted, you've probably already finished the game. :P

Edited by Murdok Dracul

Go with Gatrie. You're gonna need some sort of physical wall for Dheginsea, and if you give him a Wyrmslayer, that just ups his chances by a good amount. So yeah, use him over Nephenee, as she inherently got RNG screwed out of higher Strength as well. I blame Biorhythm for that one.

Edited by Karaszure

Gatrie. By far. For reasons others have stated and the fact that Gatrie just outdoes her. He can use more weapons, deal more damage, take more hits, and he's actually fast for a Marshall. Don't get me wrong, Neph isn't bad. She's just not excellent.

(If you're playing on Normal or higher) I would normally say Nephenee because she has the speed to double things with White Pool and Gatrie cannot, but your Neph happens to have really cruddy strength with no room left to grow and fix it, so I'd say go with Gatrie for his wyrmslayer access.

(If you're playing Easy) No question. Pick Gatrie. There's no reason to use Nephenee here at all. Gatrie's strength lead is just too huge.

I'd bring both if possible. If not, I'd pick Nephenee just because she can combo both Resolve and Wrath skills, along with another skill. Sure, her health must become DANGEROUSLY low for both skills to become useful, but it was helpful during my play through...

Based on your units though, Gatrie should definitely be your choice based on stats alone....

Generals on def tiles next to LEkain and Hetzel are the only 2 problems on that map.

Yes but most likely niether Gatrie nor nephenee is going to reach that before the rest of your group so that's not really a problem especially when you have access to the likes of Tibarn and Caineghis.

Why would you do resolve + wrath when it doesn't even work on any relevant enemy?

I call it insurance when dealing with mages, dragons, and the rest of the non-commander enemy cast. It actually came in handy multiple times when Nephenee was about to die after every enemy in the area would go after her despite having solid stats all around. And since she becomes hard to hit thanks to resolve, it makes it easier to take out those tougher units with high defense and a lot of strength without worrying too much about her croaking thanks to Wrath and Vantage being added....

Edited by Blaze340