North American release: Feb 4, 2013, EU release: April, 2013

Elieson

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NoA is being secretive. First was Reggie's "slip up" at E3, which they later confirmed. Then the little ad in the corner of a page in a magazine, which they confirmed today. Business tactic to raise awareness and hype?

Not to break the topic...but I am kinda wondering how they will handle Nono

You know what I mean. I think they may bump her age up.

I don't know about that; she's always been technically old. Like, 1000+ years old or something.

And I don't think NoA would go out of their way to change her portraits/model, either.

Not to break the topic...but I am kinda wondering how they will handle Nono

You know what I mean. I think they may bump her age up.

They can't really bump her up much more. She's more than seven hundred years old. They might change her artwork or the way she speaks, but that's about it.

They can't really bump her up much more. She's more than seven hundred years old. They might change her artwork or the way she speaks, but that's about it.

I agree, they might change her personality to make her (possible) hidden depths more obvious. To be honest, I don't really mind Nono, but some of her lines (especially in her joining chapter)... EUGGGGGGHHHH.

Also, wasn't she something like 1000 years old?

Edited by Diortem

Changing her dialogue wouldn't be right, since being a kid is her personality. It's suppose to contrast with her kid, who is much more mature than her. Making Nono more mature kinda ruins that and makes a different character out of her.

Ultimately, I hope they just leave her as is.

Changing her dialogue wouldn't be right, since being a kid is her personality. It's suppose to contrast with her kid, who is much more mature than her. Making Nono more mature kinda ruins that and makes a different character out of her.

Ultimately, I hope they just leave her as is.

Well, the way I imagine the changes would work, is that there would be more dialogue implying that she's occasionally faking being a kid, for some reason, because I seem to recall some dialogue that implies that a little.

Plus, the one way they could edit her dialogue that everyone'd enjoy: make it so that the characters that marry or talk to her don't seem disturbing.

There is a new one that just appeared and it uses this same image that we already saw:

Fire Emblem Awakening will feature StreetPass functionality. You can set-up a StreetPass team and exchange game data with other players. StreetPass teams will also randomly appear on world maps. You'll have the option to recruit the team leader with gold, buy weapons or items, or battle and win to recruit the leader for free. Fire Emblem Awakening launches on Feb. 4.

Source

Edited by King Marth 64

"Kellam is our Fire Emblem Awakening character spotlight for today. He is a Shepherd whose infamous lack of presence makes him seem invisible to others."

Urgh, I just want more English names!

Stop doing characters we already have English names for!

I don't care if it's random or if the order makes no sense. Just give me Loran or something. Or what about Tiamo?

Grumble grumble...

Urgh, I just want more English names!

Stop doing characters we already have English names for!

I don't care if it's random or if the order makes no sense. Just give me Loran or something. Or what about Tiamo?

Grumble grumble...

I doubt they'll be revealing any of the children characters before release

And at least Kellam's reveal comes with better quality artwork. Look! his spearhead's intact and everything!

Edited by Mysterique Sign

By the looks, the order is the order you encounter/recruit them in. So next we should expect Sumia, then perhaps Donnel before Lon'qu, before we get to Richt and Mariabell

But, we haven't seen about the Avatar/Robin's and Virion's also in their Nintendo's official FB page yet.

Edited by King Marth 64

But, we haven't seen about the Avatar/Robin's and Virion's also in their Nintendo's official FB page yet.

True...but, everything else so far follows that rule. There's no official art for Avatar, so that's why they might not have shown them yet, and might instead be using a screenshot from the press packet like they did with the streetpass. I'd also kinda expect Avatar to come last, on the day before release, in a sort of big "AND THIS IS YOUR AVATAR, HOW WILL YOU CHANGE FATE? FIND OUT TOMORROW" sort of thing

Virion, I got nothin XD

Anyone know if this'll be available on the eShop on the release date? Or will they wait a little longer to release it?

The last few games they've released have been available on the eShop at midnight EST launch day. Presumably this one will as well.