North American release: Feb 4, 2013, EU release: April, 2013

Elieson

Welp, voice options for a Male Avatar here. Anybody recognise the voices?

And an assortment of voices here. Pity the guy seems to have no pretty much no idea how to actually play.

Wow! I'm not that familiar with the names of English voice actors, but I'm impressed with the English voice acting for this game so far.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't pinpoint any of the voice actors for Male Avatar, but they seem to have done a good job with them, at least. The only thing irks me a bit is that they sound too similar; the Japanese voices sounded more varied and unique compared to one another. Oh well.

I don't understand why they would remove the mute option. It's not like it takes up any space and the people who don't want it just won't use it.

(Also, Miriel +1)

Well, the mute option pretty much rewrites the whole script, doesn't it?

Oh, you're right! I was thinking of it like they were just replacing all of Avatar's lines with "..." >_>

Obviously, Nintendo is loathe to spend more money on something almost nobody will miss.

(I hope someone with an advance copy posts Female Avatar's voice options too...)

I think that Male voice 2 is Liam O'Brien  and Miriel is voiced by Tara Platt, Akihiko themed MU confirmed.

Liam O'Brien, eh?  Archer, ho!  And Caster for Miriel.  Interesting choices.  Wonder if we'll get Mela Lee, Michelle Ruff, and Sam Regal anywhere.

Edited by GinRei

So far these are the ones I'm pretty sure on:

MU Male 1: David Vincent (T. Hawk in Super Street Fighter IV, Jin and Hakumen in Blazblue)

MU2: Might be Liam O'Brien, though I'm not 100% (Akihiko in Persona 3)

MU3: Not sure, but it sounds a tad like Kyle Hebert (Ryu in Street Fighter IV, MvC3, and Street Fighter x Tekken)

Miriel: DEFINITELY Tara Platt (Mitsuru Elizabeth in Persona 3 and Persona 4: Arena)

Stahl: Either Sam Regal or Liam O'Brien

Huh, we got a lot of people from Persona and Fate/Stay Night in here. Weird

Edited by Aiddon

I know he's probably just showing off the chapter, but...

Tutorial for Trading Items at the beginning of the video.

Sends Vaike axe-less towards the enemy at the end.

And Miriel's voice... Flavia might have to wait.

Letting your healer get attacked, and sending in Vaike w/o a weapon... yeah, that guy needs to learn how to not suck at the game. And I'm pretty sure Laura Bailey voices Flavia.

Lissa's....NOISE...when she was healing was......... It blew my mind. And made my ears bleedcringe. Man, what sort of creature was Lissa trying to sound like? ._. (Notice I said Lissa, not the voice actress.)

--

OH THE THINGS YOU THINK OF WHEN TRYING TO FALL ASLEEP~

So yeah, option for Japanese audio.

Totally has to do with the swimsuit and yukata DLC battle themes.

Otherwise NoA would have to make their own version of the song some silly North Americans would be like "whuuuuuut"

but this way those people can be told "you can hear those voice clips by switching to the Japanese audio".

But then they'll still be like "whuuuuuut" because they can't handle the awesome.

Just a thought. Now back to trying to fall asleep...

GameXplain is uploading some stuff about Awakening.

Watched the first cutscene, Chrom´s voice sucks... :(

Edit: didn't mean to say it so harsh, but I just think Chrom's voice doesn't suit him.

Edited by pyromatic

Watched the first cutscene, Chrom´s voice sucks... :(

Do not start this. The voice work is fine and in actuality, it could be a lot worse. I doubt you could do better.

I think Chrom is voiced by Troy Baker. That comes off as a surprise as when Chrom was talking with Emmeryn and he said "It's alright." he sounded nothing like how he usually does. In a way, that's good though as a lot of his other roles won't jump to mind.

Edited by The Pale Shadow

Other than Virion's kind of strange sounding voice and the Avatar voices sounding too similar to each other, the voice acting is really not close to being "bad" at all and it's pretty laughable that people are suggesting otherwise.

It would figure they'd release more VA stuff while I was asleep/at work. Ah well.

My only complaints so far are in the removal of a voice option (Male Avatars definitely all sound too old for the Small body, although I think any of them work well for Medium or Large) and nobody previewing the Female Avatars yet. My guess is they're missing the equivalent voice and probably will all sound too old for the Small body as well. That's alright with me as I prefer the other two sizes, but I'm sure it bothers somebody.

Miriel and Frederick sound pretty good actually. And we do know Virion has at least one good line.

The video referred to above

I think Chrom is Troy Baker!

Whoever it is, I already like it^^

One question, at 0:15, what is Vaildar saying? I can only make out "This isn't over" and I'm having trouble making out the rest of his line.

Otherwise, love the Voice acting so far^^.