Worst character in Part 1?

Personally I have to say Fiona since she starts off at level 9 and can only be used in two chapters in Part 1 has some pretty low stats and loses speed because her strength is too low to use anything besides a crappy bronze lance w/o a speed penalty.

But Fiona turns out freakin awesome. I'm using her and she is one of my best units. Meg is the worst by far.

Personal Experience Means Nothing.

Meg in my opinion, I mean Fiona and Meg are in the same boat when you get them, but Fiona actually ends up alright later.

Fiona has earth affinity, Meg has heaven

Fiona comes with 2 free skills, Meg has one that her class doesn't really need, nor does she need

Fiona is mounted, Meg has the class with the worst movement

Fiona's growths fit her class better then Meg's do

Fiona dodges everything if you can train her and when she is hit, she takes little damage anyway. Meg can dodge OK, but isn't a tank, which btw her class is supposed to be.

I'd say that the worst is Fiona. When she first joins she'll be doing minimal damage on EASY mode. And with a growth rate of 40 she won't gain strength more than half the time. In fact she'll be getting it a bit less than half the time. With crappy Strength like that you can just throw her in the dump easily. Meg, however, gains speed a higher percent of the time than Fiona. Also, due to her base strength actually being higher than Fiona's when being 6 levels less than her gives her extra time to get even higher. She also has a higher chance of maxing HP. Fiona is more defensive (maxing speed, defense, and resistance on average) and even sucks at being defensive, while Meg ends up maxing out HP, Speed, Luck, and Resistance on average. Also here are there average stats:

Meg:

HP: 60

Strength: 34

Magic: 15

Skill: 32

Speed: 32

Luck: 30

Defense: 34

Resistance: 32

Fiona:

HP: 53

Strength: 32

Magic: 19

Skill: 31

Speed: 34

Luck: 34

Defense: 28

Resistance: 27

As you can see, Meg's HP, Strength, Skill, Defense, and Resistance all end up higher while all Fiona has on Meg is Magic, Speed, and Luck. All that Fiona has is a skill that's better on units who actually end up good (like Oscar or Titania) and an HP increasing skill. Fiona is much harder to train in the beginning of the game than Meg though because she starts under-leveled and you only have her in 2 chapters.

im using Fiona this game to she how she fares. I'm also gonna see if she is worthy to see the light of day after this runthrough

My main gripe with Fiona is she comes in under leveled (If I recall correctly) and her there are already 9000000 people with her class. Oscar, Titania, Kieran, Geoffry, Astrid, Makalov...Granted they all use weapons, but what's the point in using THAT many mounted units?

Her saving grace is her affinity, however. I could see her as being used JUST for that. To support someone, like say, Nolan? Double Earth affinity would make him a beast.

Her saving grace is her affinity, however. I could see her as being used JUST for that. To support someone, like say, Nolan? Double Earth affinity would make him a beast.

Exactly. I had her support Nolan. The two of them were unstoppable. I'm gonna start a new poll about this....

Actually, the more I think about it, the better it would be for Ike and Nolan to support.

Wait, no. Nevermind. Once Ike gets Rengall, he doesn't need to support. He just destroys everything. Without trying.

But seriously, Nolan and Fiona would be good, but Zihark is also an Earth Affinity char. So Nolan and Zihark would prolly be just as good, if not better, than Nolan and Fiona.

Actually, the more I think about it, the better it would be for Ike and Nolan to support.

Wait, no. Nevermind. Once Ike gets Rengall, he doesn't need to support. He just destroys everything. Without trying.

But seriously, Nolan and Fiona would be good, but Zihark is also an Earth Affinity char. So Nolan and Zihark would prolly be just as good, if not better, than Nolan and Fiona.

yeah Zihark has enough speed to dodge stuff, nolan and fiona need it more

I actually want to try using Zihark instead of Edward on my next playthrough and supports with Nolan. I'd choose Lucia instead if she doesn't join THAT late in game.

just use eddie AND Zihark. With two awesome trueblades at your side, how can u lose?

• 2 weeks later...