[Help!] The forum I like won't respond to my posts (´・ω・`)

Lord of Gabriel Knight

The mohawk seems to be at a different angle than the mask. it ight become clear with shading, but the steepness of the mohawk combined with how much of the front of it you can see makes it look like it's on a different angle than the mask, which seems more tilted to the left opv (especially the lower part of the mask, which makes it seem like we're only seeing half of it, meaning it's more tilted). Other than that, looking good.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

the transition between the pink and the black in the hair is pretty jarring, I think it could use more blending. Um the trim could use more antialiasing as well, right now it's pretty rough looking 0:

That is a lot of colors. I think you could probably achieve the gradient using the existing palette with a little tweaking.

That, and the gradient is a little too level.

9099fdc94cf3acb6aff2deab3249e639.png

Hair grows out more or less evenly. When you dye it and then let it grow out again, you'll have about the same length of natural hair growth all over, which makes for a more uneven fringe when the hair is pulled around in different directions.

Bangs are also really stiff, and look more like half a cummerbund being wrapped around the forehead than hair.

Probs lower the ear a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

<3 the hair,

It seems to me that the shading after she steps back kind of flickers on the booby plate and the legs. I'm not too good

at shading but that flicker/bounce sticks out to me.

and when she steps forward her out right opv thigh seems to grow an outline?

might do good to slow down her return to base or add a couple frames so it doesn't look as warpy too.

hope i helped! its still neat, the palette is perdy

Love it! The way the hair flicks down as she tilts her head downwards is a really nice touch. That said, it could probably do with an extra return frame after she casts the spell as it jumps just slightly too much.

It seems to me that the shading after she steps back kind of flickers on the booby plate and the legs. I'm not too good

at shading but that flicker/bounce sticks out to me.

That's the flash of the spell. Mages have it.

and when she steps forward her out right opv thigh seems to grow an outline?

That's her left leg coming back into view. Nope I saw it, and fixed it.

W1dJ9W9.gif

Edited by GabrielKnight

I'm a fan :D My only complaint would be that the unarmed dodge frame looks a little weird with her holding up her arm and nothing in it. She's like, whoa, step back bro.

now give her that sword and we have a mage fighter

IMO the dodges could be different. Its pretty similar to everything else. Maybe have her step backwards like the monk? The art work is sweet but her movements don't really change for lack of a better term.

Those animations are absolutely brilliant, well done :D

Also you have to make this a magefighter now xD Is it just me or does the staff get slightly bigger when she lifts it up?

Edited by Haku

Nice to see you showcasing animations. You seem to keep a lot of your talent under wraps.

I really like the design of her staff, and overall it's pretty fluid. The only thing that feels slightly off is the way she thrusts her hand out behind her seems jarring, and the hand itself might look a little odd? Otherwise I can't really observe anything else. Nicely done.

now give her that sword and we have a mage fighter

I support this.

IMO the dodges could be different. Its pretty similar to everything else. Maybe have her step backwards like the monk? The art work is sweet but her movements don't really change for lack of a better term.

Dodge frames are so boring though. :P

Sweet animation. I like how intricate the staff is, and the general character design. The only problem I have with the differing dodge frames is they have different "attitudes" or something like that to them. The first, as a dodge frame looks like a fairly unathletic mage having just avoided an attack, the staff dodge looks like a veteran of combat knowing exactly how to avoid enemy attacks efficiently and effectively. But yeah, really love the combination of robes and armour. Did a pretty good job of making them move properly.

You guys are giving me too much credit. The only thing new I added was the waistcloth and hanging bang. Everything else exists the sage, Eirika, and Beta Eirika.

Composition is a skill unto itself. Taking pieces and assembling them into a greater whole is still a skill.

You guys are giving me too much credit. The only thing new I added was the waistcloth and hanging bang. Everything else exists the sage, Eirika, and Beta Eirika.

Regardless, man, you did a great job on making something fresh, and those animations are pretty sweet (good design, good expression, good cohesion, good cleanup/modwork all around). ^^

During the staff use clip, her waistcloth seems a little stiff/stickytotheleg compared to how it behaves during the other animations. No one else has mentioned it though and it seems pretty minor, so just a random note~

So I've addressed the waistcloth in the staff, the hands, and I don't think I'll change the dodge frames, because I'm lazy like variety. I'll be adding more to the animation, so as soon as I have that, I'll show you guys.

Also, thanks for the kind words, everyone.

Edited by GabrielKnight