[Help!] The forum I like won't respond to my posts (´・ω・`)

Lord of Gabriel Knight

Posted · Hidden by Shuuda, January 3, 2014 - spam
Hidden by Shuuda, January 3, 2014 - spam

God, you two are made for each other, aren't you?

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

SPEAKING OF ANIMATIONS

I totally didn't forget about that other sprite I haven't finished framing yet

I just haven't had time to get back to it, but I plan to!

It's just kind of difficult because jumps are difficult for me...

You and me both, the original animation I had for that sprite was really bad...

Thanks.

vLqyNtE.gif

Made this gif from years old battle sprite. Please dismantle it with your criticism. Leave nothing unsaid!

Only thing that I see a problem with is he holds the position on one foot too long. If he holds that position on purpose, maybe make it so he pulls his leg back a little bit and doesn't hold a full split?

No, before you asked to do something with it, I tried to animate it myself. It did not go well.

Only thing that I see a problem with is he holds the position on one foot too long. If he holds that position on purpose, maybe make it so he pulls his leg back a little bit and doesn't hold a full split?

Alright, I'll change it.

Edited by GabrielKnight

Oh dang, I could see about importing that into FEXP/FEXNA if someone else wants to make a FEditor version for others to use :O

I guess I could at some point if no one else wants to

Why do you have three frames (#'s 19, 20, and 21) for such a small amount of motion, where the frames before it cover much more ground and last comparatively less time? It leads to a choppy looking return, as the whole return is done using the momentum of the spring back. I edited your gif to:

uWVFqzS.gif

I took out frames 19 (you only need one of those 3 really) and 22 and messed with 20 and 21's timings. If you want to make it clear he kicks his leg behind him to bring it back down, you'll have to use a more subtle blur. I would ref the frame that comes after your's in the myrmidon's crit: obviously, you'd need to blur it to standing rather than crouching, but the style should be similar: http://www.feplanet.net/sprites-archive-battle-sheets/j/584

Edited by deranger