My Fire Emblem Fanfic: Wayward Son (COMPLETE)

Gunlord

Hi there, my FE loving friends! I'd like to present to you my fanfic set on Elibe, the world of Fire Emblem 6 and 7, involving one of the most enigmatic characters those games presented to us: Renault, the Burdened Bishop. Now, I should warn you that this fic has MAJOR spoilers if you haven't completed FE7 yet or gotten all of Renault's supports. So if you don't wanna be spoiled, please turn back now!

Now, if you're still reading, I'll tell you that this fic is an attempt to tell the story of Renault's life as a mercenary, which he alludes to in his supports with Isadora. It describes how he first fell upon that bloody, thoughtless path, and his descent from there. However, he supports with Canas insinuate that he's also very, very old. So prepare yourself for some surprises! Each chapter is a bit too long to post on Serenes Forest, so I shall link to it on FFn:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3133712/1/Wayward_Son -- Chapter 1: Anger

From there, you can access all the other chapters---I'm up to chapter 6 so far, but chapter 7 is coming up real soon! Hope to see you there, and also, please don't refrain from giving me any comments or critiques! If there's any way I can make this story better, please tell me biggrin.gif

Edited by Gunlord

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha, I guess so ^^;; Like I said, it's 5 chapters so far...I shoulda posted it on Serenes Forest before, as I was writing it, to make it easier to digest. XD

• 10 months later...

Eeeeeeee!

After a *massively* long wait (forgive me, college has not been kind to me...but it's over now! :D :D :D :D) chapter 8 is up. :D :D :D

Mr. Jyosua gave me permission to necropost, even though it's been ages u_u

Anyways, here's chapter 8:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3133712/8/Wayward_Son

Enjoy! ^^

I don't see anything wrong with updating your art/fiction topic even it's old, just so long as the update is significant (such as a new chapter).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta be quick, but latest chappie is up! :D

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3133712/17/

If you're reading this, you can leave thoughts in the "feedback for Wayward Son" topic in the Feedback forum, but I'd also be very appreciative if you left reviews, anonymous or not...they make me feel less lonely ;_; XD *glompz*

• 1 month later...

Well, things seem to be going nicely for the rebels.

Unfortunately, one can tell things aren't going to end in a way the rebel leadership would look forward looking at the foreshadowing in the story as well as how Etruia is still a monarchy by the time of ''The Blazing Sword''.

Edited by Retsudo

Well, things seem to be going nicely for the rebels.

Unfortunately, one can tell things aren't going to end in a way the rebel leadership would look forward looking at the foreshadowing in the story as well as how Etruia is still a monarchy by the time of ''The Blazing Sword''.

Yup, you got it! But keep readin Retsudo, this war is gonna take some very interesting turns ;)

Yeah, he's a pretty sneaky guy. About Renault's mom, though...you're right, they don't see eye to eye, but in the next few chapters or so, the ones in progress ATM, she...well, let's say she gets some more problems of her own. Keep readin my friend ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, now I'm wondering how Renault ended up working for Nergal.

He's close to Braddock yes, but he's repeatedly made the point that he hates being used as a pawn. Assuming his days with Nergal come after Paptimus is dealt with, I find it hard to imagine how he would end up being used as a pawn again.