H5 Warpless Efficiency Log

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who should promote first (after Shiida)

i really like FE11.

It's probably because it was the first one i played, but w/e. My goal in this playthrough is to achieve low turncounts without warpskipping* with some reliability. Obviously (in some scenerios, especially early on) reliability isn't always bossible when it comes to bosses, but thems' the breaks.

I've left a poll up to see what other resctrictions i've had, after talking to a few people im not sure if I should recruit all units or just aim to finish the game asap.

units i tenetively plan to use are Marth, Cain, Abel, Shiida, Barst, Ogma, Lena, Hardin, Wendall, Draug and (if its recruit all) Minerva, and possibly Palla.

Here's chapter 1 in the meantime, completed in 9 turns:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZh5UMAOBLU

video looks slightly better when viewed on youtube for some reason.

*warp will not be used to complete a chapter preempitevely which i spelled wrong as well

good day.

Chapter 1 - in 9 turns
Chapter 2 - in 6 turns
Chapter 3 - in 6 turns
Chapter 4 - in 7 turns
Chapter 5 - in 4 turns
Chapter 6 - in 6 turns
Chapter 7 - in 10 turns
Chapter 8 - in 5 turns
Chapter 9 - in 9 turns
Chapter 10 - in 12 turns
Chapter 11 - in 13 turns

Chapter 12 - in 6 turns

Chapter 13 - in 5 turns

Chapter 14 - in 8 turns

[Chapter 15 - in 5 turns
Turns up to Chapter 16 - 111

Edited by General Horace

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you go to gaiden chapters as well? This is kinda connected but not really defined by whether or not you recruit all units.

I voted No, because skipping characters like Jeorge causes you to move faster. Either type of run has its challenges and welcome benefits I suppose (e.g. recruitment means more turns spent and therefore more time to shop, level up, more safety when dealing with enemies since you don't have to rush etc.).

Looking forward to the rest of this, I was surprised you took only 9 turns on chapter 1. The enemies don't look as scary as they did to me last time I played (probably because I wasn't familiar with FE3 DS Lunatic at the time). I expect Cain will be quite a monster. I chuckled when I saw Abel's level-up because it reminded me of your last H5 playlog with that turban photoshop.

At first I thought it was toolassisted because you got so many hits with like 55% chances but the boss showed it wasn't. If you had positioned Gordin and Ceada differently at turn 7 they could both have attacked at turn 8. And if you got even more lucky on turn 8 it could've been done then.

Still damn.

My first attempt on that chapter took me 12 turns.

Yeah, I knew 8 was possible, but the number of hits i would have needed on the boss was pretty high in the first place, and the chapter was sketch enough what with Javelin hits but earlygame h5 is just kind of like that :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiK-cFws3Vc

regardless, here's chapter 2, in 6 turns. save point was used to combat the boss.

its still processing so if you're reading this and it doesn't work, don't yell just yet!

and no i still am not sure why i gave cain the steel sword

edit: turns out i left a fuck up in there. oops.

skip from 5:47 to 8:48 unless you want to see a perfect level from abel D:

i'm also going to add annotations that explain what the hell my thought process is in the placement of units etc.

Edited by General Horace

If Cain didn't have enough atk on the boss you could've used sheede left og Ogma to ferry over the Steel Sword for a bit more oempf.

Your early use of the save point wasn't neccecairy here. You can easily save it untill right before the boss to force a steel axe hit.

Oh well. you got lucky again so it's okay.

I used the save point so that Barst's hand axe would land on the enemy pirate shortly after.

and it was pretty clear cain had enough attack, he would have killed without the strength proc regardless.

Your statement about the boss confuses me, I didn't even end up using the steel axe on him, since it turned out to be superfluous.

And I disagree about myself getting lucky this chapter, I can't think of any other way that the boss could have been handled better.

Edited by General Horace

He does make note in the annotations that he has plan B in case some things don't work out (I think it was "if one Javelin misses, Jeigan chips in with a third one", but since the first two hit, Jeigan just sat there during player phase), so his progress through the map doesn't depend on every chip and dodge he gets lucky with.

So about Warp on this run, can you use it for things like warping an Excalibur user in chapter 13 when Marth has already advanced to seize the hard way? No skipping there (and halfskip implies the opposite I believe, warping the lord but not the bosskiller) but it's obviously really helpful since Wendell might have trouble getting there on foot. Or you could just forge some Levin Swords for Swordmaster Caeda/Oguma/Cain/whoever.

I wanted to ask if you were dissatisfied with Barst's level-up when you had Draug target that fighter with a 50% accurate lance attack before seizing (so that you'd have an excuse to try again for a better level-up if he missed died to the counter). Just curious what people have on their minds when they do certain things sometimes.

I wanted to ask if you were dissatisfied with Barst's level-up when you had Draug target that fighter with a 50% accurate lance attack before seizing (so that you'd have an excuse to try again for a better level-up if he missed died to the counter). Just curious what people have on their minds when they do certain things sometimes.

I had just honestly saved at the map save, and wanted him to get a level. If he missed, its a reset 30 seconds back, which isn't a huge issue.

I was ok with Barst's level, Ogma and Cain got some pretty solid ones, so it was due anyway.

wow i did chapter 2 completely differently ._.

upload your videos

do it

Okay all things not in order.

It's good to see I'm not the only one who get's crits when I want to feed exp to others.

I expected more hand axe swapping in chapter 3 but you did the chapter quite nicely. (Jagen is such a beast!)

I love Bord. Y U no use him (I know I know speed growth)

And for the people who think I'm hating on this run. I know he was playing safe enough in chapter 1. But he got lucky which made it easier then it should've been.

EDIT: I forgot to say I finally got my ass up and start recording too. Uploading just takes several hours for a clip of less then a minute.

Edited by Silith

Merric ruined your set-up with that crit.

And missing 2/3 on the boss makes you sweat when Barst with a handaxe has to take the last shot.

Maks you want to have Bord up there instead of Darros (whose water walking was actually usefull on this map)

Ogma is the best, I know because I read an LP of a little known game called FE1 which told me so.

Also keep up the good work, etc etc. You get Hardin and the Wolfguard in Chapter 5, so that'll be exciting to watch.

use Biraku

Yo Horace, what settings do you use on Hypercam? I turned off the sound and it lowered the space the vid consumes, but it's still skipping frames and the vid is much slower than how I'm actually playing. Like, 5 minutes of playtime becomes 15 minutes of video time...

• 2 weeks later...

I arise from business, laziness, and personal issues!

it also appears i left my mic on, you hear me clattering loudly on the keyboard at the end where i was too lazy to insert music.

The boss also proc'd str, (and he'd never done that before) so the defence proc on shiida wasn't necessary. If that didn't happen, Barst could have chipped regardless, and i could have got the peg to move elsewhere with slightly different positioning.

Easy chapter all and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBbW0mE2P4c

Edited by General Horace