Divinitas

Relentless Halberdier

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's disappeared.

Boo.

Not sure if you are already aware of this. But whenever I go to actually play the updated demo, the game comes up in a decent sized screen but then instantly shrinks to a very small screen and it makes it hard to see what is happening in the game.

Yeah, sorry about that. Despite the name, the 'updated' demo was actually super, super old.

Anyway, most of you probably already knew this from the way I vanished, but I sorta ran out of steam on Divinitas. I'm not sure what it was that made me lose the will to continue. Even now, I really want to just boot up the program and start making progress again, but I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's just laziness.

In any case, I decided I may as well upload the most recent version of Divinitas just so everyone can see what I was trying to do with it. It's an unfinished mess, due to my abrupt departure, but maybe some people will appreciate it anyway.

I've updated the original post with a link to it. And here it is for anyone who can't be bothered to go back to the first page: http://www.mediafire.com/?23uddb8a2zl26qb

Unfinished Bits/Issues:

The actual dialogue box will not show up for certain cutscenes in chapter 2 and onwards.

The tutorial is unfinished and cuts out abruptly, but this doesn't cause any in-game issues other than being slightly jarring.

Reynald Greene never got a portrait, so it just shows the default villager portrait.

The 'skip tutorial' option takes you to a visually broken version of the game. This is because I needed to finish the 'play tutorial' version, then copy-paste the finished product into the 'skip tutorial' version before removing all the tutorial bits. As I never finished the tutorial, I had no way of doing this. For now, just select 'play tutorial', it's a much more interesting version of the first chapter anyway.

The 'safeguards' against players going against the tutorial's advice weren't coded in, so intentionally disobeying the tutorial will result in the tutorial messages playing out-of-order.

So obviously, don't download this if you want a polished game. This is for anyone who was interested in the Divinitas project, and wants to see how far it came before it fades into obscurity. Thanks for the support, and sorry for not being able to take it further.

Anyway, most of you probably already knew this from the way I vanished, but I sorta ran out of steam on Divinitas. I'm not sure what it was that made me lose the will to continue. Even now, I really want to just boot up the program and start making progress again, but I can't bring myself to do it. Maybe it's just laziness.

Welcome to my world.

you did better than me i could never get past typing endless ideas that could never be implemented without endless asm, why i want to use fexp, but it would then require endless custom coding, and I'm far too lazy