risingSolaris' Art

risingSolaris

Heya! Here's some art, I'm open to any critique and in fact would greatly appreciate it. :3

Hope you enjoy the art!

[spoiler=GK Forde]tumblr_o534h1JeO51usy209o1_1280.jpg

Made this kinda recently, just a quick and messy colored sketch. :0

[spoiler=French Sniper]tumblr_o534h1JeO51usy209o2_1280.jpg

An unnamed OC, supposed to be a sniper. Based his design off of older French military outfits.

Hopefully more stuff will come! :D

[spoiler=Old Post]So I'll start this off by posting a WIP tablet drawing of Lute. Honestly, I feel like I need to work on this a LOT more, so hopefully you guys here at SF can help. Also, I need directions to help me with the shading. I put it in a spoiler because it's quite big.

i594CtwClmuYM.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by risingSolaris

So I'll start this off by posting a WIP tablet drawing of Lute. Honestly, I feel like I need to work on this a LOT more, so hopefully you guys here at SF can help. Also, I need directions to help me with the shading. I put it in a spoiler because it's quite big.

i594CtwClmuYM.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Let us just make it clear that I'm not an expert at drawing, but I do it a lot. Here's a few things you can look at:

At the moment it kind of looks like Lute is giving us the finger :P If you change the angle of the tumb (and some of those fingers), I think it will change that. A tip would be to hold up your own hand and point. If she's wearing a lot of purple and have purple hair, I would avoid using so much of it in the background. The yellow trim under her "ample bosom" is a bit off, it should be more in line with the shoulders. If you make it more of a curve, it will look they are to hold something up / in place rather then ju being there. if you don't want that effect, you could lower it and make a prominent waist instead. :)

It would be easier to help you with the shading if you had more of it on the picture, to give me a better idea of how you would normally do it. :) Let me know if you need more help or pointers.

Tried fixing everything you talked about (except for the background, still contemplating how to fix that). Also gave my try at shading this thing. I need help with the dress part most...

igP7x2HxGwEnv.jpg

A good tip is to always use layers, at least two. Then you'll be able to go back and change it when ever you want.

The finger is better, but some of the fingers and the tumb still looks like she's in some sort of pain.

The shading aint bad, the hair looks really nice even if it needs a bit more finish, I can see that you at least have a decent idea on how to shade. Which is good. The dress looks a bit like it's wet though, instead of shaded. If you use more of smooth kind, instead of spikey, it will look a lot better.

What kind of help do you need with the dress?

Huh, the hand on OPV right actually has six fingers. You might want to check the anatomy too, she's really really thin and her forearms are quite long.

I kind of like the "spikey" shading as the person above mentioned, but I do agree, it seems out of place on the outfit. It may be interesting to mix smooth gradient-like blending with that rougher definition of value

[spoiler=a quick redline thing for anatomy]

e3d2da08d0f8d77a596c5b365d00f608.png?1357337773.png

• 3 years later...