Fire Emblem Online (Patch v0.6b Available!)

Lamia

thanks to event knowledge and application in chapter 3, I'm reworking and compressing the first two chapter maps to prevent dozens of turns of walking and little real strategic placement...

FE4akanesim_00125.png

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here we go, did something with all that empty space down there, much better use of the weapon type text

FE4akanesim_00147.png

as far as a progress update, I have the gameplay done for chapter 1-4, just need to do dialogue (maybe I should do it later and just design the next chapter)

Edited by Lamia

managed to figure out how magic animation graphics and stuff works, might do more customization that way (I sure do succumb to feature creep often)

FE4akanesim_00152.png

if enough people are interested I might release another patch once chapter 4 is done, but I really do need to get some more progress done (portraits and gameplay)

Edited by Lamia

managed to figure out how magic animation graphics and stuff works, might do more customization that way (I sure do succumb to feature creep often)

FE4akanesim_00152.png

if enough people are interested I might release another patch once chapter 4 is done, but I really do need to get some more progress done (portraits and gameplay)

would love a new patch, i had much fun whit the first and have been following the project since then awesome progress! congrats to you for not quiting on the project and on us the ones who wait for it. question...do you have something big planed for chapter 5? how are you gona handle the other half of the game?

would love a new patch, i had much fun whit the first and have been following the project since then awesome progress! congrats to you for not quiting on the project and on us the ones who wait for it. question...do you have something big planed for chapter 5? how are you gona handle the other half of the game?

since there's no prologue in my project it goes to chapter 6 before the split

and there's plans yes, all I'll say so far is what's in the first post, it goes to part 2, not gen 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Lamia, it me, x-Darkie-x from DA. I wonder if you have ips patch for demo. I want play your hack.

maybe whenever I either finish the gameplay for chapter 5 or the dialogue for chapter 4

• 5 months later...

This hack has always looked amazing!

I am glad to see someone finally hacking FE4, the best For Emblem.

The new teaser screenshots make me want to play the game more! :D

Keep up the good work! Can't wait till the next patch is released! :)

• 3 months later...

still been working on my project on and off, mostly off, I did add a chapter progress meter to the original post though

not exactly sure how much progress I'll be making anytime soon with dungeon fighter online being rereleased, ohoho

but here have a pair of custom B-rank magic animations, if I can quit being lazy I'll probably write a tutorial sometime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MITRuNslkus

Edited by Lamia

• 3 weeks later...

Oh great to see you have more of your hack completed Lamia and I see the characters are now furry creatures unlike in your older version which I still have too heh.

• 4 months later...

I posted up my current WIP patch in the first post, I haven't been working on it for a long while and I figure I may as well let (the few) people play what I have

so enjoy if you like, the game's playable up to part 1-5, and there's no dialogue past 1-3

I'd like if anyone who manages to try my project to try and gimme some input!

good things, bad things, 'should' things, 'try this' things, 'what about' things, some sort of communication to help the process

I've put a lot of time and thought into this thing and I gotta get what I can

Edited by Lamia

played through about a third of the prologue (fe4 maps are pretty big!)

So far, I really like the writing, It's well done and very funny! and the sprite work... the art quality is out of this world! Those custom spells tho!

I'm not exactly well versed in fe4 mechanics... (fe4online is the first instance of fe4 I've ever experienced LOL) But there did seem to be a lot of enemies that forced me to turtle about for a while. I was stuck in the beginning not really moving for 4-5 turns I think.

I'll upload some videos sometime this week.

played through about a third of the prologue (fe4 maps are pretty big!)

So far, I really like the writing, It's well done and very funny! and the sprite work... the art quality is out of this world! Those custom spells tho!

I'm not exactly well versed in fe4 mechanics... (fe4online is the first instance of fe4 I've ever experienced LOL) But there did seem to be a lot of enemies that forced me to turtle about for a while. I was stuck in the beginning not really moving for 4-5 turns I think.

I'll upload some videos sometime this week.

ah jeez you haven't played vanilla FE4? well, at least an objective viewpoint of the game could be a thing too

one thing that the game originally did was pretty much send large groups of enemies at you all at once so I have just tried to refine the formula

also I feel awful at dialogue compliments because it's awful and I need to rewrite everything (but I'll do it like after I finish the final chapter)

thanks about the sprites though, portraits are another thing I may refine someday (art is hard)

I am playing with Primefusion, Gabriel Knight and Sqawl; they are telling me about the FE4 mechanics and whatnot. And they give their impressions too!

If you think that dialogue is awful I am excited to see the rewrite hahaha

and yes, art is indeed hard!

The dialogue is amusing, but it could still benefit from a rewrite (apologies for being vague, but I have no actual suggestions for fixing it). At first I was a little put off by several of the characters being present just because they happened to be playing the game too, but that's already explainable by the game's popularity. Besides, the game handles the "people are in a game" scenario well... then again, Ghast's play session didn't show me anything I hadn't already seen. I'll play through it later since watching him play it this evening gave me a strange craving for more SNES FE.

The spell animations are really cool, but I haven't played a whole lot of FE4 (just a few chapters) so I likely can't appreciate them as much as I should. I do appreciate the style of the portraits, though: even though they clash with the FE4 bandits a little, the style is a breath of fresh air and the anthro characters are cute! That said, it's understandable to leave the bandits as they are because bandits are the opposite of cute.