Fire Emblem Online (Patch v0.6b Available!)

Lamia

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dialogue is amusing, but it could still benefit from a rewrite (apologies for being vague, but I have no actual suggestions for fixing it). At first I was a little put off by several of the characters being present just because they happened to be playing the game too, but that's already explainable by the game's popularity. Besides, the game handles the "people are in a game" scenario well... then again, Ghast's play session didn't show me anything I hadn't already seen. I'll play through it later since watching him play it this evening gave me a strange craving for more SNES FE.

The spell animations are really cool, but I haven't played a whole lot of FE4 (just a few chapters) so I likely can't appreciate them as much as I should. I do appreciate the style of the portraits, though: even though they clash with the FE4 bandits a little, the style is a breath of fresh air and the anthro characters are cute! That said, it's understandable to leave the bandits as they are because bandits are the opposite of cute.

thanks, though of course as I mentioned in the first post I'll eventually get to fodder boss portraits (probably last...) but the big bosses and final boss will most likely be done long before that

Interesting.

Do you have the instruction for magic animation modifying?

You can create more magic weapon with it.

don't know what you mean

Edited by Lamia

For example: other than just Fire, El Fire, Volcanon, Fala Flame and Meteor, you can create more Fire magic by changing the graphic animation .

I also asked if you have the instruction to change the magic graphic animation.

managed to figure out how magic animation graphics and stuff works, might do more customization that way (I sure do succumb to feature creep often)

FE4akanesim_00152.png

if enough people are interested I might release another patch once chapter 4 is done, but I really do need to get some more progress done (portraits and gameplay)

Edited by hanhnn

For example: other than just Fire, El Fire, Volcanon, Fala Flame and Meteor, you can create more Fire magic by changing the graphic animation .

I also asked if you have the instruction to change the magic graphic animation.

I wrote a magic animation guide (look at my signature)

So far, I really like the writing, It's well done and very funny! and the sprite work... the art quality is out of this world! Those custom spells tho!

I'm not exactly well versed in fe4 mechanics... (fe4online is the first instance of fe4 I've ever experienced LOL) But there did seem to be a lot of enemies that forced me to turtle about for a while. I was stuck in the beginning not really moving for 4-5 turns I think

Here's the chapter 1/part 1 vid for you to check out~

I didn't know FE4 had pretty huge maps, so I'll need to chip away bit by bit! Looking forward to the writing and poniess in da future

hey thanks for the video, looking forward to any more you might make!

it also reminds me that I really need to make a pronunciation guide for my characters

Edited by Lamia

You're probably thinking of definition 1. Definition 2 works fine.

I had to dig a little deeper to finds the corresponding 2d definition.

Didn't even knew it existed...

Not sure about how other countries interpret the terms either.

I still think Naturalist would fits better.

I had to dig a little deeper to finds the corresponding 2d definition.

Didn't even knew it existed...

Not sure about how other countries interpret the terms either.

I still think Naturalist would fits better.

in my world the term 'naturist' correlates to someone studying the magics of nature (the elements) so them being called that for being skilled in elemental magic (fire and water in this project) makes sense

Edited by Lamia

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

update!!!

chapter 5 is complete

whenever I can get chapter 6 done, remake chapter 2's map, and draw at least all of the player character portraits, I'll see about releasing another patch since it would mark the end of part 1

this project will never end up dead, I sweaaarr

Edited by Lamia

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Lamia I am glad more got completed I will have to check this new patch out can`t wait till the project is 100% complete! And please don`t let this project die it would be a great loss to see such an innovative FE4 work go to the hack grave yard keep at it.

Edited by Naglfar94

• 2 months later...

Holy heck, this looks sensational, maybe enough for me to try out FE4, maybe. You can do it!

Also, oh my god, the way you made the new spell types is pure, g-e-n-i-u-s!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

it took too damn long and so much frustration to insert the halberdier class but here it is

ouerya is supposed to be one of these instead of a hero from the start but I had to compromise, now no longer

Edited by Lamia

Shucks, this slipped right by me. Because of the name, I assumed it was an online pvp kind of game. Time to figure out putting the SNES emulator on my DS flashcart. I'll be back after I play it! Looks fun though.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not dead... just, you know, not being worked on as much as I'd like

small tidbits, corrections here and there over the past two years, not much 'real' progress

I do want to finish it SOMEday, but you know, life stuff and all that

at the least I intend to release a patch once part 1 is done, whenever that may be

• 1 year later...