Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipito seems to be a common one for here, though I haven't used their services personally, You'll have to do the Assisted Purchase route, which'll cost some more, unfortunately. I think I worked ou the shipito cost at about $275AUD

Gamestop (And Bestbuy for that matter) don't accept it because of legal stuff, probably. I mean, if a parcel arrives damaged, you can really be sure whether to blame the forwarder or the store itself. Also, many mail forwarders remove packaging and repackage in their own boxes, or open packages to check the contents before sending it off, which probably breaks some postage guarantees on Gamestop's end. I'm not 100% sure of course, but I can see lots of issues coming up if something goes wrong

Alright, two quick questions.

First, when it says the game comes pre-installed, is that identical to downloading it via e-shop? That is to say, the game and it's saves are stored on the 3DS/3DS XL itself?

And second, did the Japanese version come preinstalled as well?

Alright, two quick questions.

First, when it says the game comes pre-installed, is that identical to downloading it via e-shop? That is to say, the game and it's saves are stored on the 3DS/3DS XL itself?

And second, did the Japanese version come preinstalled as well?

Well, I'd say that the game saves to the SD card rather the the console itself. So yes, it would be identical to downloading it via eShop.

And no, the Japanese version did not have the game pre-installed. (Full retail games weren't on the eShop then.) It had the physical copy... and a 1000 yen Nintendo gift card to boot. (A gift card with special designs...)

I should know because I've been tracking the game's progress since it was announced in Japan, like, a year ago. :P

Edit: The bundle was 19,800 yen, or about 250 USD, in Japan, so even though they got more, they had to pay more... though that could be because gaming in general is more expensive in Japan... Kakusei (Awakening) was, no, is 4,800 yen in Japan. That's about 60 USD. So... yeah~

Edited by fireemblemfan4ever

Well, I'd say that the game saves to the SD card rather the the console itself. So yes, it would be identical to downloading it via eShop.

And no, the Japanese version did not have the game pre-installed. (Full retail games weren't on the eShop then.) It had the physical copy... and a 1000 yen Nintendo gift card to boot. (A gift card with special designs...)

I should know because I've been tracking the game's progress since it was announced in Japan, like, a year ago. :P

Well, that's cool. My only concern about buying via eshop was that in the unlikely event of a Fire Emblem game that had a save data transfer from Awakening, I'd have some difficulty transferring it if the data was saved directly onto my hardrive. If the actual bundle itself has it installed on as well though, I guess there's no issue at all.

Edited by Onestep

I hope it's not forbidden, but I'm just gonna ask my question once more since it was at the end of the last page et may not be seen by people who have the answer.

Living in the UK, can I just order the bundle on Best Buy or Future Shop and have it delivered at my place by them, or is it like Gamestop, which would mean I am screwed?

I hope it's not forbidden, but I'm just gonna ask my question once more since it was at the end of the last page et may not be seen by people who have the answer.

Living in the UK, can I just order the bundle on Best Buy or Future Shop and have it delivered at my place by them, or is it like Gamestop, which would mean I am screwed?

It's like Gamestop, and like Gamestop, Best Buy doesn't accept mail forwarding services, but I couldn't find if Future Shop banned them, so that would be the place to mail forward from.

Or of course, some people do mail forwarding swaps, like you mail forward a UK Limited edition, and they in turn mail forward to you something you pick but you'll be trusting a random stranger you just met on the net.

I'm lucky I have friends over in the US willing to go out and buy it for me, so I know I can trust them.

Don't know if it's true but for everyone that's Canadian, Future Shop says they are going open pre orders for the bundle starting tomorrow.

http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/Nintendo-DS-3DS-Wii-Wii-U/Is-Futureshop-planning-on-carrying-the-Fire-Emblem-Awakening-3DS/m-p/406921

Hopefully Best Buy will do the same as well.

Don't know if it's true but for everyone that's Canadian, Future Shop says they are going open pre orders for the bundle starting tomorrow.

http://community.fut...-3DS/m-p/406921

Hopefully Best Buy will do the same as well.

When I asked BB earlier today they said "We don't have the date yet but word is that it should be very soon! We'll keep you posted!". Given they're the same company it'll probably be tomorrow aswell but who knows