Fire Emblem Awakening: 3DS Bundle Thread

Diortem

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohmy.gif Hey guys, guess which site has the bundle up?

http://www.bestbuy.c...e2d30d2f06een02

Future Shop's preorders have yet to show up but who cares, my money's going to the one that got it up first!

Edit: Just found out that Best Buy takes 18-21 days to ship out the packaging. Might as well wait for Future Shop since it would take even less...

Edited by LeThiAnh

Game Stop is exclusive for US, Best Buy and Future Shop for Canada.

And I just threw my money at Best Buy. Site says Feb 5-8, the package will arrive at my house. If it takes longer, that's going to be one hell of a mad fangirl angry.gif

I wouldn't worry too much - pre-order estimates are usually very conservative so that they don't have to worry so much about delays. You might even get it the 4th.

Also, the futureshop entry is up: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/nintendo-3ds-nintendo-3ds-fire-emblem-blue-3ds/10238079.aspx?path=dcd2bd2f17d70a0d02c7594345480f52en02

Edited by Sigue

Damn, if the bundle is exclusive to these three stores then I won't be able to buy it sad.gif

Any chance to see it on Amazon or some other site ?

Probably not Amazon, they don't sell Nintendo hardware first party

Videogamesplus is still attempting to get stock in, but from their last tweet about it, looks like quantities could be extremely limited

If it's because of country restrictions, look into a mail forwarding service with a Personal Shopper service, more expensive, but they'll be able to buy it for you and send it on, getting around bans on mail forwarding services by 2/3 of these stores.

Barring all this, probably eBay, with copies selling for nearly double the price probably.

Meh, don't know if I'm willing to pay so much when I already have a 3DS back home. I'll cross my fingers and hope for a miracle, but I'm probably gonna get the cartridge when it comes out in Europe. Thanks a lot anyway.

EDIT: Although it doesn't seem really expensive to use a mail forwarding service. Any advice on which one I should use ?

Edited by Nyarno

Yeah, an extra $70 or so on top of the cost of the bundle making it about $270-$280 AUD/USD or... around 200 euros is pretty steep. I'm lucky in a sense that 3DSes are $250 here, so it's not that big of a deal for me for that extra $20, when 3DS + Awakening here is $320 USD/AUD

Like I was recommending earlier, you'll need one with a Personal Shopper service, where either they 1) go into the store and order it for you or 2) order it with an actual address and then take it to the warehouse.

Apparently forwardit.us is nice, you have to put in a request (This is where you'd specify Gamestop's mail forwarder policy), they'll come back with a quote, and then you can choose to go through with it or not. I've only used a Japan -> Australia forwarder, so US -> worldwide is a bit foreign to me XD

A'right, methinks I'm missing something here.... When preordering from Best Buy, are they actually going to ship it to your door? If so, that would save so much hassle. *-* If it saves one of my parents having to take a random day off, and saves us gas money, I can wait. For me it says 6th-11th; that's not so bad.

A'right, methinks I'm missing something here.... When preordering from Best Buy, are they actually going to ship it to your door? If so, that would save so much hassle. *-* If it saves one of my parents having to take a random day off, and saves us gas money, I can wait. For me it says 6th-11th; that's not so bad.

As long as you live in Canada, yep.

NYAAAH HURRAY! Now to stop worrying about a blizzard preventing us from picking it up at the store in the city an hour and a quarter away, and to start worrying something might happen to the delivery truck. >_>; Pessimism!

Here's another thing I found from Best Buy when I secured my pre order. This is from my email from them by the way.

Scheduled delivery

An email will be sent to you with more info regarding your scheduled delivery once your order has been processed. As always, until a delivery date is arranged, your card(s) will not be charged.

If it is what it says, that is flipping awesome. But I'm waiting for more info/another email from them in regards to this. lol

I believe they mail through Canada Post so I would temper my expectations if I were you. CP is not exactly fast even in the cities, so I would expect a substantial wait for rural delivery.

Edited by Sigue

Here's another thing I found from Best Buy when I secured my pre order. This is from my email from them by the way.

If it is what it says, that is flipping awesome. But I'm waiting for more info/another email from them in regards to this. lol

That sounds about right, I know EB Games here doesn't charge you (Well, they charge a $10 deposit) until the item is shipped. You just need to remember not to spend the money that'll automatically get charged out when they ship it XD

Yeah, Ground Express is the only choice I had for shipping. It's free so I don't care lol

I don't hold high hopes when it comes to shipping especially when it comes to Canada Post. Will always expect the worse case scenario for those guys.

It will never be on the Best Buy US site

As it is a GameStop exclusive in America

That's disheartening. I thought Gamestop was just quicker on the uptake than Best Buy. Now I won't be able to get either reward points or 5% off (if Target had gotten it) to try to offset some of the cost. Probably not going to bother getting it now and just stick with the cartridge.

Sorry to keep bothering you guys with this, but does VGP deliver in the UK ? tongue.gif

EDIT: I see that they do via DHL Express... I'm really sorry but I know nothing about this sort of things, any idea how much it would cost me?

Edited by Nyarno