Which difficulty mode are you planning on starting with?

Tarquin

186 members have voted

1. 1. Which mode will you play on your first playthrough?

• Normal
    • Hard
    • Lunatic
  2. 2. Will you chose Classic or Casual mode?

• Classic
    • Casual

I'll be starting with Normal and Classic, just to get the hang of this game while also getting back into the general "feel" of Fire Emblem games. I'll probably do Hard on my next run, then when that's done, I'll see if I can be arsed to do Lunatic. Though if I EVER do Lunatic, I'll probably go Casual for that one, just so I know what I'm up against without fear of losing peeps. Haha

Edited by Karaszure

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can solo Normal mode Prologue and CH.1 with either Avatar or Chrom.

That made me think about starting on Hard, when i actually noticed that while in the Prologue the enemies are stationary, in Ch1 they all charge at you.

I think these initial chapters can't be used to make a guess for what's to come, since in the other games the initial chapters are faceroll too and things change later.

So yeah, i will start on Normal, to get the hang of mechanics, bonuses, skills, supports, reclass and pair people for fun, etc.

I already posted here how i took game overs on Hard because i didn't knew about how Pair Up really worked.

I hate to say this, but I think I'll go for Hard and Casual for my first playthrough, maybe making an extra Normal one just because.

Why Hard/Casual? Well, while I have played Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn, my luck with the RNG is typically ATROCIOUS. The final chapters of Sacred Stones and Path of Radiance were pretty dang hairy experiences for me, because most of my units were quite underpowered due to near-constant 1-3 stat increases.

And usually when I got anything more than that, then there was the usual random critical or dogpile attack that forced me to restart. It's like the games would troll me at every opportunity, and I got enough of that from my 9-days-0-deaths run of Pikmin. Radiant Dawn made things much less potentially terrifying with the Battle Save (that and it was totally cathartic to go, "HAHA, I REJECT YOUR PROPOSAL. NOW ROLL AGAIN" *resets* ), and Casual mode has a similar saving style.

So, Hard for the challenge, Casual for the Bad Luck Buffer. Because I know I'll need it.