For Radiant Dawn

Doing another run of PoR just to upgrade Sothe's starting stats in RD is kinda pointless, considering he could described as the 'Jeigan' unit due to his remarkably high base stats (which shows even moreso in normal mode, not sure about hard mode yet), and his early recruitment/long game life span. A more worthy pursuit would be to get either characters that have low bases or characters that will be used in RD to max out certain stats (and also create bonds between various characters). An easy example of this would be using excess bonus experience to get Largo to Level 20, considering that he can max HP, Str, and Skl very easily, and has a decent chance to cap speed as well. Why? So Callil can be sightly more useful, and perhaps even worthwhile in usage (unlikely considering how little you're allowed to use her).

As for advice as to who to use on a run through PoR specifically for RD, here are the characters that in my experience, have the best end results (i.e. most stats capped):

Ike (Str, Skl, Spd)

Boyd (HP, Str)

Gatrie (HP, Str, Def)

Largo (HP, Str, Skl, Spd)

Nephenee (Skl, Spd)

Stefan (Str, Skl, Spd)

Volke (Str, Skl, Spd)

Soren (Mag, Skl, Res)

Rhys (Mag, Skl, Res)

Mist (Mag, Spd)

Elincia (Mag, Skl)

All I can think of at the moment, hope it helps.

I loved Sothe. I knew he was important before Radiant Dawn was announced for two reasons, he doesn't die, he retreats, and he doesn't promote. That and his story seemed a lot more detailed than the others.

yes, after my first playthrought I remplaced Volke, with Sothe! X3 I "love" him.

Also today I've finished again PoR with some characters at Lv 20 like, stefan, rolf, nephenee, zihark, ike, soren, ilyana, mist and others...

I don't really care about the transfer bonuses. I guess that's just me.

Yeah, I don't really care much about transfer bonuses either, but it can prove useful at times and not so much at other times.

yeah i'm also doing a PoR runthrough just for RD. The boosted stats, bonds, and weapon level ups will help me a bit more, plus it's just another challenge i've given myself cuz i'm gonna try extra hard to max out stats for everyone. And i've never used sothe b4 cuz he couldn't promote, so I'll try him out and see how he fairs against Volke

• 2 weeks later...

well, i finished that runthrough to transfer data to RD and boy did it take a lot of restarting to get certain people certain stat ups

if u really want to tranfer data, use 10 people MAX

Obviously, you should use Sothe to transfer his stats directly. And Ike is a must, cuz u have to use him anyway

Astrid is a must cuz of her paragon and she can support Sothe

A few magic users are good so they don't have to fight to gain exp. and other people can fight instead (like rhys, soren, ilyana and mist. dont use tormod cuz u get him too late in RD)

Speaking of Rhys, you don't even have to use light magic at all to get his weapon level up. Staves all the way!

And then just bring people who can support each other to get bonds in RD

Also, get the bonus exp. for each chapter that has it (like not killing the priests on the chapter with the Warrior boss in the temple and have Naesala gather his raven friends and leave on ch. 19)

yeah but since your kind of forced to used Ike, you might as well give him a little extra help to aid him in annihilating everyone in his path even better while you sit back and sip lemonade

yeah next time i do this, i'll not use the totally awesome-and-almost-immortal units like the ones redfoxoffire mentioned

If that's what you think, Naesala, that's fine with me. I just didn't take Jill and Mia to the final chapter, so I can't say personally.

Haar was too lazy IMO >_>

I started a new game just for Radiant Dawn, to try and max stats of all the characters that I was gonna use in RD. =) Must...make...Mist....max....stats....

Astrid is being super RNG blessed this time around though <.< 20/11, 4 max stats?

wow thats pretty good. i took me a while to max out four of her stats

if u really want to max as many stats as possible, u need to get the stats they dont normally get at the base, like magic users' defense, cuz lemme tell ya, they dont get defense on the field... even with the bands equipped