Favorite class and why?

Rules are easy, post your favorite FE class and why it's your favorite, classes that are nearly the same only have a different name or something can be counted as the same (such as shaman and dark mage for example).

My personal favorite FE class is the hero. The reason I like the hero so much is because, their animation is cool (FE3 anyway), they have an overall cool look, they use swords (best weapon in FE1/2/3/4/5) and axes (best weapon in 6/7/8/9/10), and their FE3 2nd critical attack is just plain badass. They also have 1337 stats boasting good to high everything save maybe magic defense (which isn't at all bad by physical unit standards).

Well, this one is more about discussion as opposed to voting.

I've probably said it a couple of times in the past, but my favourite class is the female Mage. Yeah, male Mages just aren't the same for me. There's just something about females using magic that seems cool to me. Not to mention most of them are pretty good and cute, although most of the time they do get overshadowed by their male counterparts D:

Sword Knight/Paladin, for that's the class to which my precious belongs~

Bishops are pretty cool too. Oliver, Riev and Moulder ftw

You like all the freaks, don't you?

It's hard to choose a favorite class. There are so many good characters of all classes.

I was thinking the same thing, those are all the very bizzare bishops. Then again, Rhys is the only normal Bishop of everyone

Rhys does beome a Bishop, right? for some reason that isnt registering in my head

I was thinking the same thing, those are all the very bizzare bishops. Then again, Rhys is the only normal Bishop of everyone

Rhys does beome a Bishop, right? for some reason that isnt registering in my head

yes he does.

Rhys isn't the only normal. Saul, Ellen, Yodel, Serra, Renault, Artur, Natasha, and Laura are all fairly normal. Lucius is....well, he isn't normal.

I absolutely love Paladins. They have such variety when it comes to weaponry and it makes them extremely versatile and able to adapt to just about any situation.

my sig clearly states (albeit in a less obnoxious font) BERSERKERS FTW!!!

I like axes...most enemy units can't dodge (in the GBA at least, since that is where Berserkers live), so the lack of accuracy doesn't hurt too bad...1 hit kills Swordmasters/Magic Users (who have no defense) and 2 hits usually kills everything else...as long as I have a staff for when my Berserker gets hit enough to take severe damage, he is awesome...cause berserkers seem to dodge good enough...not to mention they can cross sea and mountains...and the critical bonus is awesome, helps them kill everything instantly...

jumbled mess of thoughts? probably, but not my problem...

my sig clearly states (albeit in a less obnoxious font) BERSERKERS FTW!!!

I like axes...most enemy units can't dodge (in the GBA at least, since that is where Berserkers live), so the lack of accuracy doesn't hurt too bad...1 hit kills Swordmasters/Magic Users (who have no defense) and 2 hits usually kills everything else...as long as I have a staff for when my Berserker gets hit enough to take severe damage, he is awesome...cause berserkers seem to dodge good enough...not to mention they can cross sea and mountains...and the critical bonus is awesome, helps them kill everything instantly...

jumbled mess of thoughts? probably, but not my problem...

only one flaw...

berserkers have shitty resistance. A few magic attacks and they're dead, but they do have a lot of HP which is good

• 14 years later...

GBA Era:

Shaman - You turn into a Druid which is always awesome or a Summoner where you get summon monsters and use Dark Magic - can you get any cooler?

Hero - Their Crits were always the best. 

Nomad/Nomadic Trooper - Mostly because Rath is awesome. 

DS Era:

N/A - I didn't get far enough in Shadow Dragon to have a favorite. 

3DS Era: 

Dread Fighter (Awakening) - Swords, Axes, and Anima magic. 10/10 amazing class. 

Malig Knight (Fates) - WYVERN RIDING MAGIC USERS. That is all. 

Three Houses:

Wyvern Master/Barbarossa - WYVERN RIDING ARCHER SPECIFIC CLASS. 

I have a soft spot for Armored Knights -> Generals. They look badass in most games they're in. I also like that their niche is to just take hits and tank.

It's a class that sucks in most games for the player due to their cursed movement, but it's also an annoying enemy to fight because they're already where they need to be to defend typically.

Although they've made defense tanking something valuable for the player too, if at least for some missions, in recent FE games. I've liked seeing some polish in usability.

Edited by DaveCozy

It's sparked some discussion so I'll leave it up, but

2008?

2008?

I'd wager there's been a thread like this made almost every year lol