Favorite class and why?

In 2008, I would've been entering my freshman year. So... let's say Chemistry. The labs were pretty fun, and the teacher had just the right amount of "science teacher craziness".

Nowadays, though, I'm gonna say Kinshi Knight. I respect Fates introducing a new kind of mount, the first modeled on a bird. And something about combining flight with Bow access just feels like a power fantasy. See also: Barbarossa Claude, or Wyvern Lord Cyril with Point-Blank Volley.

...Actually, if we're including unique classes, I'd probably say Barbarossa. Similar rationale, but add that sick-nasty whitewyvern color scheme, and toss in the benefits of being Claude (great hair, Pass, voiced by Joe Zieja).

Lol sorry, I followed the discussion. Didn't realize this was necro'd.

Back then Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn were the only FE games I'd played. The comment for Armor still applies though, still have a soft spot for them even if they aren't very good in most games.

Even now though I still wonder why they made Gatrie so fast! 20 base speed + 60% speed growth in Radiant Dawn... in a bigass suit of armor! Lol. Did he eat the Knight Ward? One of the best armor units in the series so far

Edited by DaveCozy

9 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Spear Fighter.

Finally a lance user who isn´t either a horse, a lizard-rider or a brick.

I wonder if IS would ever want to make a specialized foot Soldier / Spear Fighter class stand out more from the mounted ones. In PoR and RD they just made them slightly less defensive but more mobile armored knights basically, which didn't really give them much of an identity compared to all the existing ones that could already use lances.

Something that I think would be cool, and could work in FE, would be to give these units a class-specific attack that lets them charge and attack an enemy with their lance from 2 tiles away, ending their attack beside said enemy. Kind of like the charge attack from Monster Hunter games, but made to work with FE's grid-like maps.

20 hours ago, DaveCozy said:

I wonder if IS would ever want to make a specialized foot Soldier / Spear Fighter class stand out more from the mounted ones. In PoR and RD they just made them slightly less defensive but more mobile armored knights basically, which didn't really give them much of an identity compared to all the existing ones that could already use lances.

Something that I think would be cool, and could work in FE, would be to give these units a class-specific attack that lets them charge and attack an enemy with their lance from 2 tiles away, ending their attack beside said enemy. Kind of like the charge attack from Monster Hunter games, but made to work with FE's grid-like maps.

Didn´t know Ike games had dedicated lance footies - I meant the Fates variant. 

Return to the Fates mono classes, with their passive bonuses and only these master classes can use "special" weapons - braves, WT-reversers, killers, effective damage etc.