Nintendo uploads an army-building trailer

veetasoy

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree about Grego's personality change that comes with the translation. :/ He was a fairly eloquent when he spoke in his joining chapter. Nowi's cute for a localized named and Ricken doesn't sound entirely shota. He sounds about 15/16? I like Tharja as a name, but I still am not fond of her original personality. Congrats on your waifu keeping her name, Rey.NewYearsEmoticon.gif

It makes me not want to pair him with any of the womens...

Also, Say'ri sounds hot. I might just have to tap that as a Male Avatar in my second playthrough.

She's my woman for my first playthrough. Love...asian...girls. :D

I never interpreted that as caveman. I interpreted that as Russian.

You know, "Gregor Blockovich is strong! Strong like bull! Do not fuck with the Gregor Blockovich!" etc.

EDIT: I mean seriously. Just read his lines in a bad Russian accent. It's perfect and there's nothing precluding him from being insightful with speech patterns like a foreigner.

Lol, it's like the localizers got bored and decided to dick around with Gregor. I guess being a mercenary who travels, you can't really expect perfect multilingualism. Do we know where Gregor comes from? Maybe the localizers decided to get creative and give him some extra background... OH, and also because it gives him an excuse for his unintentional pervy lines?

Edited by Keilis

She's my woman for my first playthrough. Love...asian...girls. :D

I can't pass up Lucy for my first male love XD

Also from what I heard...Ricken sounds pretty adorable, and Henry sounds younger than him, and..a bit annoying

Frankly, I was disappointed with Gregor's lines too. Then I did what Integrity said and reread them in a thick Russian accent. Now it is perfect for me and there can be no going back.

I like all of them except Tharja. What a horrible name for a girl, Sariya or Sallya was much prettier and normal. Ricken and Nowi are improvements.

tharja and sariya are (or ought to be) pronounced nearly identically ;/

Lol, it's like the localizers got bored and decided to dick around with Gregor. I guess being a mercenary who travels, you can't really expect perfect multilingualism. Do we know where Gregor comes from? Maybe the localizers decided to get creative and give him some extra background... OH, and also because it gives him an excuse for his unintentional pervy lines?

Maybe this is a running gag they started with Athena where there's gonna be some traveling mercenary now with a weird accent.

Also Gregor's dialogue sounds reasonably intelligent to me, just oddly-phrased. He doesn't come across as stupid.

Thaks for reviving the word "halidom."

Dual Guard and Dual Attack are now Support Block and Dual Strike (Dual Strike...?)

Gregor's lines really surprised me. So this is what they turned his original accent (elongating certain words) into... It's surprising, to say the least.

Now I can't wait to see the game getting released, just to see the rest of the names.

Maybe this is a running gag they started with Athena where there's gonna be some traveling mercenary now with a weird accent.

She uses unusual speech pattern in the Japanese version as well. She uses weird grammar and generally sounds rude. The rude part is consistent across versions.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Okay, Grego/Gregor said some very insightful things in the game. Especially in the Japanese FE Background Website. He DOES NOT speak like a caveman.

I am legitimately disappointed at this character change. What the hell IS/Nintendo?

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed at that change too. I guess they made the changes it to reverse his joining situation so it isn't him being accused of being villainous and after Nowi/Nono.

I wonder who his VA will be...

Edited by arvilino

Tharja is not a bad name if it's supposed to sound like Sarya except with "Th" at first. She's still my waifu for my first playthrough.

I liked Nono myself, but Nowi is kinda cute too. I'll get used to it.

I never interpreted that as caveman. I interpreted that as Russian.

You know, "Gregor Blockovich is strong! Strong like bull! Do not fuck with the Gregor Blockovich!" etc.

EDIT: I mean seriously. Just read his lines in a bad Russian accent. It's perfect and there's nothing precluding him from being insightful with speech patterns like a foreigner.

You know Russian?

I do. (I've been studying it for the past 3 years now...)

And really, it doesn't sound Russian... not to me, at least.

(I guess that's what happens when you live in a country that was part of the former USSR.)

And is it just me, or do I keep thinking of Ymir when I see Gregor...?

Gregor protects little dragon girls for Mother Russia

I expected 'Greg' myself, but eh. Nowi is a cute name for a cute character. Tharja and Ricken, uh, I'll get used to calling them that. Also, I think Nn's localised name will be Nono. Luuul

XD I just lol'ed in the middle of class at Grego®s lines. I read them as both Caveman and Russian and thought both to be a fit-though russian is a better alternative.

Haha...

Americans and their thoughts about Russians...

Really, the Cold War is over, people.

I think I liked Richt better as a name. But it seems they are going for French and German as the major naming influences, and this is the first name I didn't prefer the English localization for.

Neat BGM.

Edited by CinderSkye