A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

... Alondite!Mist anyone? Just because she doesn't have the exact same fighting style as her brother or father doesn't mean her descendants wouldn't be able to learn about the sword.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Welp, or great hero Ike just died, anyone know what to do with the legendary Goddess-Blessed blade?"

"... Gravestone?"

"Works for me."

Maybe we shouldn't leave all these overpowered weapons given to us by the gods themselves lying around the place.

... Alondite!Mist anyone? Just because she doesn't have the exact same fighting style as her brother or father doesn't mean her descendants wouldn't be able to learn about the sword.

Alondite mist still didn't have Greil's fighting style. I would presume that Paris was about as skilled as Ike in battle/with the blade, and Mist wouldn't even teach her kids about how to use a sword. Boyd only knows how to use an Axe, so..

Alondite mist still didn't have Greil's fighting style. I would presume that Paris was about as skilled as Ike in battle/with the blade, and Mist wouldn't even teach her kids about how to use a sword. Boyd only knows how to use an Axe, so..

Does it matter? This is thousands of years later, anyone down the line could've learned how to use a sword.

Just as a reminder to you guys:

if you have any spoilers then make sure to use the spoiler tags! If someone doesn't want to possibly spoil anything for themselves then they probably shouldn't read a thread that could potentially spoil something, I know, but just wanted to make a reminder. :)

(Not implying that there are spoilers right now, btw.)

Give how famous Ike is, it's certainly possible that someone other than his relatives learned the style and passed it down in like a dojo or something to keep the spirit of the hero alive.

Not even Soren's mom?

I could see that as being more of a one-sided thing, with her trying to get closer to the one person who truly knows her darling son. But I highly doubt anything romantic would come of it

Thing is, Paris doesn't have Ike's fighting style either. He didn't even inherit Aether, he simply has Luna and Sol. Mist uses Sol herself even though most people don't actually get her to that level or use her that often in combat to remember that she can use it.

Thing is, Paris doesn't have Ike's fighting style either. He didn't even inherit Aether, he simply has Luna and Sol. Mist uses Sol herself even though most people don't actually get her to that level or use her that often in combat to remember that she can use it.

I've seen this argument a lot, but are we forgetting that Aether consists of both Sol and Luna, not just one? It may be why Paris' is training so hard in the first place, so that he can learn Aether for himself. Ike was the only one capable of using Luna in the first place and it may have been because he studied the Black Knight's skills from their battle(s)?

I've seen people get mad even that IS "retconned" Ike's ending, but his ending still plays into Awakening in that he left Tellius. And Spotpass Quest 23 gives the hint that Ike did find someone on the island where it takes place. There wasn't a mention of the "Hero" having a traveling companion friend, either. It gave me the impression that something happened to Soren before his arrival. It may, in fact, be just a writing oversight, but who knows? I'm still waiting for a final verdict, really, but... well, come on. There is also the final wave of outrage that this will all cause.

Rufure: I can't believe there are really people living on a lone island like this.

Chrom: So this is the hidden village we've heard about. Looks like the story about the descendent of the Hero of Blue Flames being here might be true as well.

Rufure: The Hero of Blue Flames?

Chrom: The title of a legendary swordsman who came here from another world long ago.

Edited by The Pale Shadow

I personally like the idea of Ike having a kid with Mia or Elincia, but anyone who knows me knows I hated the FE10 ending and was really baffled that Mia didn't support Ike (Hey! I'm a sword-nut who was freed by you father and will end up joining your mercenary company as a lasting member. My life-long dream involves me seeking a hero to duel and you are fighting an evil kingdom/empire... I'll just COMPLETELY ignore you and support with the twig who couldn't possibly fight with a weapon and fem-Shaggy over here while you support two cats and a bird). I doubt it was Mist's kid though. In order for that to have worked Ike would have had to either intentionally left Ragnell behind or the kid would have had to have stumbled on it by blind luck. Not to mention that him being Mist's kid means that Ike's leaving basically ended up meaning absolutely nothing.

Yeah, I hated RD's ending too, though I'm no IkexMia fan. I've just grown to love IkexElincia to the point where I can't stand to see them with anyone else. xP And I also wish Mia could've supported with Boyd, or even so much as interacted with him at all. I thought they'd have had some funny conversations.

Still, I've been able to work with it. I seem to be able to find a way around anything when it comes to canon for the stuff I write fics about. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I personally like the idea of Ike having a kid with Mia or Elincia, but anyone who knows me knows I hated the FE10 ending and was really baffled that Mia didn't support Ike (Hey! I'm a sword-nut who was freed by you father and will end up joining your mercenary company as a lasting member. My life-long dream involves me seeking a hero to duel and you are fighting an evil kingdom/empire... I'll just COMPLETELY ignore you and support with the twig who couldn't possibly fight with a weapon and fem-Shaggy over here while you support two cats and a bird). I doubt it was Mist's kid though. In order for that to have worked Ike would have had to either intentionally left Ragnell behind or the kid would have had to have stumbled on it by blind luck. Not to mention that him being Mist's kid means that Ike's leaving basically ended up meaning absolutely nothing.

So what, just because Ike and Mia are both sword-fighters, they should be able to fall in love? That's ridiculous. Just because people have one thing in common, doesn't make them compatible.

So what, just because Ike and Mia are both sword-fighters, they should be able to fall in love? That's ridiculous. Just because people have one thing in common, doesn't make them compatible.

Erm... You missed my reasoning entirely? Here, let me spell it out for you.

Reasons for Mia to support Ike:

1) Mia is a very focused and dedicated swordfighter who focuses a LOT on her training. The ONLY other full sword-fighter in the GM's is Ike.

2) Ike happens to ALSO be the son of the guy who saved her life from a prison camp.

3) And Mia ALSO happens to be looking for a rival and, in the GM's, Ike is the undisputed best story-wise at fighting. (Seriously, WHY FREAKING RHYS?! Mist fits the criteria better than him!)

From Ike's side:

1) Mia is easily the newest recruit into the GM's. Why wouldn't Ike want to get to know her better if only for professional reasons?

2) Mia happens to also have seen his father in action during a mission that could easily have been considered 'critical' or at least might hold information as to his fathers last few days on Tellius.

3) Mia is the only girl in the camp who isn't his sister or potential mother figure to him.

4) Mia is clearly sword-obsessed and hounding the camps healer. At the least he'd want her to stop.

5) After his fathers death, Mia is the only other sword-user in the camp and only person he can practicice sword-fighting with unless Mist suddenly became just as skilled despite Griel never showing her how to use a sword (that we know of).

It seems perfectly cut out for a support or at least for Mia to have a few more lines with him. Instead he supports Reyson, Ranulf, and Lethe. Not *bad* choices, but having more reason, backing, and necessity than Mia? Heck, the only in-game justification for Mia joining the GM's following Ashnard's defeat is if she supported Rhys as that's her only real link to the group. Her other two supports aren't part of the GM's at all.

RhysxMia OTP

And the reason Mia and Ike don't have a support is probably the same reason Florina and Sain don't have one.

IS wanted to troll us.

Besides, Mia does what she wants, she doesn't have to have justification. But if she did have a reason she probably wanted to search for stronger opponents and thought that hanging out with the GMs would bbe her best bet

1) Mia is a very focused and dedicated swordfighter who focuses a LOT on her training. The ONLY other full sword-fighter in the GM's is Ike.

As stated above, just because they use the same weapon doesn't mean anything. Mia could just as easily spar with someone else who trains a lot, like Boyd. This is one reason I think she should have supported with him.

2) Ike happens to ALSO be the son of the guy who saved her life from a prison camp.

Uh, so? Mia only owes Greil for that, not Ike.

3) And Mia ALSO happens to be looking for a rival and, in the GM's, Ike is the undisputed best story-wise at fighting. (Seriously, WHY FREAKING RHYS?! Mist fits the criteria better than him!)

Yes, a rival in white robes, not a green headband, red cape, and blue armor. Rhys is the only guy in the camp that wears white robes.

1) Mia is easily the newest recruit into the GM's. Why wouldn't Ike want to get to know her better if only for professional reasons?

He does. They clearly spar a lot because Mia is obsessed with Ike's skills. She thinks of him as a role model.

2) Mia happens to also have seen his father in action during a mission that could easily have been considered 'critical' or at least might hold information as to his fathers last few days on Tellius.

Except nobody knew Greil was about to be killed, so there was no reason for Ike to inquire about that.

3) Mia is the only girl in the camp who isn't his sister or potential mother figure to him.

Until people like Lethe and Elincia, whom he grows closer to. The latter he grows especially close to.

4) Mia is clearly sword-obsessed and hounding the camps healer. At the least he'd want her to stop.

I think Mia eventually does stop. She's not shown hounding Rhys much in RD anymore. She has him heal her during her spars with Ike instead.

5) After his fathers death, Mia is the only other sword-user in the camp and only person he can practicice sword-fighting with unless Mist suddenly became just as skilled despite Griel never showing her how to use a sword (that we know of).

Once again, the fact that they wield the same weapon means NOTHING. Ike even says himself that Titania put the final touches on his skills and she doesn't specialize in swords until RD. This shows that Titania knows how to use a sword too, she just prefers not to.

It seems perfectly cut out for a support or at least for Mia to have a few more lines with him. Instead he supports Reyson, Ranulf, and Lethe. Not *bad* choices, but having more reason, backing, and necessity than Mia? Heck, the only in-game justification for Mia joining the GM's following Ashnard's defeat is if she supported Rhys as that's her only real link to the group. Her other two supports aren't part of the GM's at all.

I honestly agree that a look-up-to-the-leader sort of support between Ike and Mia would've been nice. But I'm honestly more surprised that she didn't interact with Boyd at all, let alone support with him. They're both competitive and like to train, they don't care for details and they want to top their rivals. They have a lot in common and would've built great chemistry, imo.

Edited by Anacybele

I could make similar arguments as to why she shouldn't support with Boyd, but we're getting off track here. Regardless, I think we can both agree that Mia's supports missed some VERY easy and clear-cut options in favor of some that don't seem to fit in quite right for her.

Back on topic, I don't see any reason why it *couldn't* be Ike's decedent. Historically, until the industrial revolution and the rise of the nuclear family, it wasn't as... uncommon... for people to... have relationships of a certain level outside of wedlock. Even in places with high religious constraints such things happened. During the Crusades the Pope even offered to sell pardons for it to raise money for the army simply because he knew that that sort of thing, despite it being considered 'wrong', happened a lot. I don't see any real signs that the FE world is different so it's FAR from impossible for Mia to have had Ike's kid... as well as some village girl and Lethe as well.

I do see strong evidence that Paris is, indeed, a blood descendant of Ike and, from a story-telling perspective, it doesn't make sense to introduce him with a title like that which strongly implies that he is and than have him not be unless it carries huge plot ramifications; which this does not. It seems more likely to me to be a nod to FE10 and a minor defiance of the 'Ike might be into dudes' notion than a significant plot point. Especially when you look at it from the 'which is more likely' point of view. Which is more likely?

A) That they wanted to throw in a nod and possible reference to one of their older games as an easter-egg/throw back to their fans?

Or...

B) That Paris being descended from Ike carries tons of plot importance?

As I haven't played this game, I don't know, but what I do know is that A seems more likely and the only real question is 'who is the mother' to which the most likely answers are Mia or some unknown girl (if it was Elincia, why wouldn't Paris be king of Crimea?). I suppose Lethe is not out of the question either, but unless there is a hint that he's branded, I don't see any real point in considering it.

For the record, none of Ike's female supports go along for the ride with him. This includes Titania and Lethe.

And I for one don't think Ike marrying a Valencian, or an Archanean is THAT out there. Just saying.

Edited by Little Al

That they wanted to throw in a nod and possible reference to one of their older games as an easter-egg/throw back to their fans?

^This is exactly what I think.

I honestly think people are getting too into this.

I just took it at face value when I played the game. It's a throwback to Ike BEFORE the DLC came out.

I honestly don't give a damn whether he's gay or not for Soren and Paris is actually Mist's decendant.

He is a spotpass character that actually has supports with MU and a confession scene... and some dialogue in the DLC. Other than that, to me, just like what he appeared as if you take it at face value... he is an EXTRA.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I must say this. As fas as I know, Ike's ending only says he left Tellius. No mention of anything else. So whether he married some random Archaenian/Yllssian girl or one of his former companions is purely speculation. Be it Mia, Lethe, Titania or even Soren(With paris being Mist's descendent) Why is there even a need for theories. Each theory is just as likely making it poitnless to debate.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

lol.. this topic..

I'll just leave my theory here:

ike_steals_credit_again_lol_by_meibatsu-d5gxe1g.jpg

Paris just wants to believe he's Ike's direct descendant because it's cooler than being Mist and Boyd's ala Marth not actually being Anri's direct descendant.

Easy to confuse though! There WERE rumours going around in camp... lol

Or maybe he's just an Ike fanboy, guys. xD And exists to troll us.

I just usually leave it at Ike's ending.

Ike

Once he saw stability returned, Ike left on a journey to lands still unknown. He was never seen again.

So apart from Soren or Ranulf(possibly) the two who can possibly go on the journey with him. Ike's ending makes it clear, he'd have been seen again if Elincia, Mia, Lethe,Titania, Aimee or whichever character you want paired with him found him.