A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(if it was Elincia, why wouldn't Paris be king of Crimea?).

You forget, Paris is quite far down the line. He's definitely far enough to where another descendant of Ike and Elincia could've taken the throne instead. Family trees branch out quite a bit over several generations. Plus, for Elincia to be with Ike, she would probably have to leave Tellius herself (for a time, at least). Ike never goes back unless IS decides to retcon his ending entirely, so yeah.

Arvilino: Apparently Ike WAS seen again if Chrom of all people knows about him.

He's definitely far enough to where another descendant of Ike and Elincia could've taken the throne instead.
Except for the fact that RD's ending makes it quite clear Ike and Elincia never married, among other things. Making the notion of Paris being Elincia's descendant pretty darn impossible.
Plus, for Elincia to be with Ike, she would probably have to leave Tellius herself (for a time, at least).
Which she never does.
Ike never goes back unless IS decides to retcon his ending entirely.
Which will likely never happen, especially considering Paris's existence in FE13.

He wasn't seen again by any Telliusians. No Crimeans, no Daeins, no Begnionians, need I go on here?

Edited by Little Al

You forget, Paris is quite far down the line. He's definitely far enough to where another descendant of Ike and Elincia could've taken the throne instead. Family trees branch out quite a bit over several generations. Plus, for Elincia to be with Ike, she would probably have to leave Tellius herself (for a time, at least). Ike never goes back unless IS decides to retcon his ending entirely, so yeah. Arvilino: Apparently Ike WAS seen again if Chrom of all people knows about him.

Anacybele, I'm often okay with Ike/Elincia, too, but you have to realize that there would be little to no reason for Elincia to leave Tellius in pursuit of him, let alone her stepping outside of Crimea. Unless she needed to go to Begnion or to Gallia for whatever future political reason. And at that point, Elincia and Geoffrey would be husband and wife, as much as you'd hate it.

He wasn't seen again on Tellius but he was seen on Archanea, where no one knew his name and the things he had done in the other world. As we know, the bloodline goes on into present day Ylisse. Even in Paris' sidequest, Ike isn't mentioned by name, but by title: "Hero of Blue Flames." Let's be hypothetical and say that If someone descended from the sky or emerged from an other world gate covered in blue fire, gee, wonder where the name was inspired by? Aside from, you know, Yune's blessing.

Maybe Ike did something that still counts as heroic and the name followed him from one continent to another. (And someone correct me on this as I'm not entirely certain.) Isn't the OWG near where Paris' sidequest takes place? Paris would be on Tellius and not Ylisse if he was, in fact, related to Ike and Elincia. Rufure mentions there is a hidden village where Paris is located and I'm willing to bet either it's where he was born, or it's just a favorite place of his to visit as it might be the only place on the whole continent that he considers his real home.

How does that mean Ike was seen again? That just means that the legend of the Hero spread to another continent.

It's said in the game that Ike went to an island located in Ylisse.

Which she never does.

Give me proof. All her ending says is that her reign was remembered as a golden age. It doesn't say/imply that she never traveled anywhere.

And at that point, Elincia and Geoffrey would be husband and wife, as much as you'd hate it.

If you go by their paired ending. There is also an ending where they are not together, if you remember. ;)

Edited by Anacybele

I have a theory that will make everyone happy: Ike's son married Elincia's second daughter, who ran away because she wanted adventure and freedom and just conveniently landed in the same place Ike and his family did.

Alternatively, who cares who created Paris aside from that he exists?

I have a theory that will make everyone happy: Ike's son married Elincia's second daughter, who ran away because she wanted adventure and freedom and just conveniently landed in the same place Ike and his family did.

I guess I could live with that, actually. It's not a bad idea at all.

Why should I need proof to support the easily tenable claim that Elincia literally has no reason to want to leave Crimea? She has a country to run for Pete's sake!

Some of us are kinda sick and tired of seeing the "Paris = Mist's descendant" argument. Edited by Little Al

whats your evidence that it makes sense

Since we've been through this debate before, it would be pointless to get into it again. Not to mention that it wouldn't be on the topic of this thread anyway.

Some of us are kinda sick and tired of seeing the "Paris = Mist's descendant" argument.
In a nutshell, this. I would go on about this more, but I'd be ranting and I might make some people angry. Long rant short, I hate that people cut out the possibility of Ike having (or even wanting) a family of his own (: i.e. kids) because in their minds, it doesn't make sense according to what their personal canon is. When in actuality, they're forgetting that they don't (or rather, they shouldn't) have the final say in the matter, because the choice isn't up to them.

Actually, it is not impossible for Ike to have spent the night with Elincia before leaving on his journey. My reason for ruling out Ike/Elincia is that Elincia's kid would have been royalty. People may have very willingly overlooked the 'out of wedlock' thing since there are only three human nations and the father was Ike, meaning the kid would have almost certainly gotten the throne and any descendents of his would have been tied heavily to the Crimean throne. Also, I totally forgot about Aimee, but she does make sense as a possible mother as well.

As for the Ike's son marrying Elincia's daughter... Who mothered Ike's son then? Even if we were to accept immaculate conception that would have been one HELL of a pregnancy since Ike is male.

Snowy's list of possible mothers and chance (out of 100):

Unknown villager: Most likely, especially since all it would take is Ike wanting companionship one night. Only problem is how Ragnell would get passed down. 65/100

Mia: No supports to indicate any feelings beyond boss/worker, but travels and is a swordswoman herself and would likely raise child to swordfight/pass on the blade. 65/100

Aimee: Far from impossible. Both are travelers and it wouldn't be breaking character for either. 55/100

Titania: Ehhh... I never really got the impression of Ike and Titania's relationship being anything but a mother/son type. Not impossible, but not likely. 50/100

Elincia: Not likely as child would be royalty. 50/100

Sanaki: Would explain how Paris got Ragnell and lack of supports could be handwaved due to Sanaki's late joining, but no indication of a romantic spark and kid would be imperial blood and unlikely to travel. Not to mention a huge age difference meaning Ike's journey would have to wait a few years. 40/100

Lethe: Not impossible, but no indication of being branded/having Laguz blood. 40/100

Non-listed but named female characters: While it's not impossible for them to have developed a relationship in the following years, there is nothing to suggest that this is the case. 35/100

Astrid: Not impossibe, but not supported in the slightest in-game. I don't think Ike and Astrid even share a word together. 35/100

Micaiah: Pretty unlikely. By all accounts Micaiah ended up with Sothe and there is no reason to think she would have risked her marriage for Ike. Especially since Micaiah likely doesn't have the best opinion of him. 25/100

Mist: Is his sister, so Ike wouldn't be the dad. But how would Mist get her hands on Ragnell? Not to mention this would mean that Paris is only related to, not descended from. 20/100

Edit: What I do for the list is I start all the women off at 35 points (unlikely) and than add or subtract based on how I gauged their relationship. After all, it's not IMPOSSIBLE that, in the time between the end of FE10 and Ike's leaving that he got close to, say, Astrid or, heck, even just drunk one night. Just very IMPROBABLE without a prior relationship. Also, I'm assuming the mother would have had to raise the kid and take Ragnell as Ike would have left on the journey and not been able to take a kid along and it's unlikely the kid found Ragnell on his own.

Edited by Snowy_One

Ike x Elincia still makes no sense though

To you. Not to me. And that won't change.

whats your evidence that it makes sense

For goodness sake woman... Just throw FE10 out of the window. Then you can ship Ike with Elincia entirely legit supported by a game.

But if you're going to be throwing out selective material just to get your ship, PLEASE just give it a rest about "my ship is supported by canon".

It just gives us all a headache to be arguing that Paris is a descendant of Ike AND Elincia.

Give us some in-game text that retcons "Ike left on a journey to lands still unknown. He was never seen again" and Elincia's single ending of "Elincia governed Crimea with resolve and a deep love for her people. Her reign was remembered as a golden age" and instead says that "Elincia abandoned her beloved country to be with her beloved hero, Ike." PLEASE.

I would LOVE NOTHING MORE than to ship that sweet princess and her hero from FE9. But it's NOT. FREAKING. CANON.

Because nothing in FE13 gives ANYTHING about that. Paris is simply having the title as a throwback to the fans.

I have no freaking idea how the HELL you're turning that into "ship Ike x Elincia".

むかつくんだよ、この女は・・・

Paris exists. Ike's descendant. Who the hell cares who Ike's woman was when it was MEANT that no one ever knows?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm starting to think that Ike might have wound up with Clea. But that's just me trying to be cracky.

But in all seriousness, how did this devolve from "who did Ike bang" to another Ike X Elincia "argument"?

Edited by Little Al

For goodness sake woman... Just throw FE10 out of the window. Then you can ship Ike with Elincia entirely legit supported by a game.

Because it's fun coming up with theories as to exactly why they suddenly didn't seem so close anymore (though that still makes less sense to me than them actually expressing closeness in RD). ^^

It just gives us all a headache to be arguing that Paris is a descendant of Ike AND Elincia.

I wasn't arguing that this was true, only that it's actually quite possible.

"Elincia abandoned her beloved country to be with her beloved hero, Ike." PLEASE.

...:facepalm: I'm really getting sick of telling people that Elincia doesn't have to abandon Crimea in order to be with anyone, regardless of where they are.

Paris exists. Ike's descendant. Who the hell cares who Ike's woman was when it was MEANT that no one ever knows?

It can be interesting to see what theories people come up with, though I would like it to remain unknown. It's a new twist on the tradition of every lord being able to marry at some point, which I like. Just like Ike. <3

Because it's fun coming up with theories as to exactly why they suddenly didn't seem so close anymore (though that still makes less sense to me than them actually expressing closeness in RD). ^^

Not seeing each other in 3 years on top of absolutely no time to really do anything while they were in the same army does that to you
...:facepalm: I'm really getting sick of telling people that Elincia doesn't have to abandon Crimea in order to be with anyone, regardless of where they are.
That's the only option, because Ike wouldn't abandon his journey or w/e the fuck he was doing to become a King

As for the Ike's son marrying Elincia's daughter... Who mothered Ike's son then? Even if we were to accept immaculate conception that would have been one HELL of a pregnancy since Ike is male.

Facepalm_emote_gif.gif It was a joke.