A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, even I thought it was a joke and I'm no good at detecting sarcasm and joking in people's tones online. lol

Anyway, Paris says he's Ike's descendant, and to me, that means Ike married and raised a family with his wife. With whom, we'll most likely never know, and I like it that way, because it leaves sooo many options to us fanfic writers. :)

I just hope the English version of the game won't change anything important. Like, say, have Paris say he's Ike's reincarnation instead or something. That would totally blow. >_>

Aimee raped Ike and had his babies that's why he left Tellius after Radiant Dawn.

For now I think Paris is Mist's descendant. A lot of his features remind me of Boyd. Maybe he just likes to believe he is Ike's descendant when in reality he is Mist's. It's not impossible for Mist's descendants to get ahold of Ragnell anyway. Ragnell is not exclusive only to Ike's descendants, Altina used both Ragnell and Alondite before anybody else. Her rightful heirs are Micaiah and Sanaki and they can't even wield swords. If Mist is the rightful ancestor it doesn't mean none of her descendants can shape up to be like Ike. Ragnell is also a Begnion treasure that Sanaki loaned Ike. It's possible that Ike returned it because he is an honorable person.

Edited by Maiden_of_Emblem

Paris reminds me more of Ike than anyone else. The unruly blue hair, the blue eyes, the similar outfit. I really think IS did this to try getting the point across that he is supposed to be directly descended from Ike. And to me, it's just simpler to say Ike passed his sword to his son (or one of his sons, if he had more than one), which then continued to be passed on to future generations.

Sometimes a little complication is good, but in this case, I just can't see Ike handing Ragnell over to Mist and Boyd. Hell, I can't even see Boyd agreeing with such a thing in the first place. Knowing him, he'd want his kid to be an axe master, not a swordsman.

Edited by Anacybele

Besides, Paris doesn't even have a conversation with Mist for crying out loud! Don't you think they would at least interact if Paris actually was Mist's decendant?

Does that mean Paris has a conversation with Ike? I'd like to see that. o:

Oh, neat! This definitely supports the idea of Paris being Ike's direct descendant then! Well, kind of. It really depends on what they talk about.

This also makes me really curious about any conversations Elincia has with Ike or other people.

Does that mean Paris has a conversation with Ike? I'd like to see that. o:
From what I've seen. He does. It's an in-battle conversation and I don't know if Ike replies in the way that Eirika does to Chrom. It was loosely translated (admittedly through Google) but it read to the effect of "Face-to-face with the long-sought ancestor."
"念願のご先祖様との対面。"

That's the katana by itself when not put through Google.

From what I've seen. He does. It's an in-battle conversation and I don't know if Ike replies in the way that Eirika does to Chrom. It was loosely translated (admittedly through Google) but it read to the effect of "Face-to-face with the long-sought ancestor."

That's the katana by itself when not put through Google.

"I've always wanted to meet my ancestor face-to-face."

You know, it'd be neat if Ike recognized Ragnell and said something like "That old sword... It's Ragnell, isn't it? Then you really are my descendant. I'm pleased to see that neither my line, nor my legacy has faded."

Edited by Anacybele

I fail to see how. Especially since it gives the exact same stat bonuses that it does in the Tellius FEs. The weaker strength, slightly less accuracy, and limited durability all can definitely be chalked up to losing Yune's (and Ashera's) blessing, followed by wear, tear, rust, and negligence towards remedying such imperfections.

Fanboys go to extremes to make replicas. V_V

Now you're going to tell me how "Eirika's Sword" and "Eliwood's Sword" and the slew of other swords of famous people that I found laying around are actually their swords too? lol Fakity fake fakes! Thrown in for fanservice.

In a game that has things like cardians (forgot the actual term so am using CCSakura term lol) impersonating/thinking they are the actual heroes they represent, it's easy to see how Paris can be a confused too. XD

Enlighten me then. Where on Ylisse Paris could forge a gold sword that has an identical blessing that came from a two halves of one Goddess on a whole other worldly plane and have a similar appearance to the sword that Ike carried centuries ago? Need you need reminding, which you obviously do, that Ragnell isn't the only weapon to have a changed in it's likeness. Speaking of 'likeness.' Let's take Falchion into account for example. According to Awakening:

The sword was broken and remade at one point in the past.

Give evidence to your claims and not your poorly thought out opinion.

How? He states his blood lineage all but once and it's never bought up after that. (Though his conversation with Yen'fay hasn't been translated. So that might change.)

Oh, so you can reforge broken swords to look completely different and new, but you can't make a new sword look like a famous one?

Obviously, fanboy Paris used a forge and forged it himself. LOGIC AT WORK~

And because it's cooler if he is humble about it. He knows it gets the fangirls to defend his honor. ;D

Edited by Prax

Prax. Stahp.

It's too much for me. XDDDDDDD

Your responses are almost on Arch's level.

For a second, I read it as "almost on L'Arachel's level".. to which I would have responded, "Yes". XD

That would require him to be equipped with a specific weapon. Which they've never checked boss quotes with.

Ragnell isn't locked to him.

So? It'd still be neat if that were done. And I never said anything about Ragnell needing to be locked to Paris.

So? It'd still be neat if that were done. And I never said anything about Ragnell needing to be locked to Paris.

I'm saying Chrom could be the one holding Ragnell killing everything on the other side of the map.

I'm saying Chrom could be the one holding Ragnell killing everything on the other side of the map.

Wait, CAN others besides Paris use Ragnell? Ragnell might not be locked to Paris, but it could still be exclusive to him.

Why would Ike give Mist Ragnell anyways? Even if we accept that Ike felt Mist needed protection beyond what Boyd and the rest of the GM's could provide, wouldn't it make a LOT more sense to give her a one-handed sword? Not only would the runeblade or sonic sword fit Mist's combat style better IC, but Mist fights from horseback. Her using a large sword like Ragnell would be just stupid.

The simple fact is that the evidence doesn't support Mist being the mother as IS has no reason to claim Ike is Paris's ancestor then make it via Mist's line. It's an easter egg/tribute from the start and they could have easily just removed it and had it be a shout-out/nod instead of confirming a connection between the two. Ike has no reason to fear for Mist's safety (she's one of the most powerful people in Tellius even as a healer and is a fully capable fighter, not to mention Boyd, whom he trusts, at her side) or any reason at all to give her Ragnell but every reason to take it. It just doesn't fit.

I like how people saying that Paris is Mist's descendant completely ignore the fact that Valencia/Valm and Tellius are in completely different worlds.

Wait, CAN others besides Paris use Ragnell? Ragnell might not be locked to Paris, but it could still be exclusive to him.

Which kinda still counts as "being locked", which Ragnell isn't. (Heck, given the chance, I'd gladly arm Lucina with Ragnell and Gradivus, but that's another story.) The Falchions in FE13 are somewhat exceptions to "being locked", as every version of Marth can use them, but if I remember correctly, him doing so requires the Star Lord class.

Fanboys go to extremes to make replicas. V_V

Now you're going to tell me how "Eirika's Sword" and "Eliwood's Sword" and the slew of other swords of famous people that I found laying around are actually their swords too? lol Fakity fake fakes! Thrown in for fanservice.

In a game that has things like cardians (forgot the actual term so am using CCSakura term lol) impersonating/thinking they are the actual heroes they represent, it's easy to see how Paris can be a confused too. XD

By that "logic", the Jugdral legendaries in FE13 are fakes too. Nevermind the fact that, unlike Tellius, Jugdral is in the same world Archanea is in.

I like how people saying that Paris is Mist's descendant completely ignore the fact that Valencia/Valm and Tellius are in completely different worlds.

Too be fair, there is nothing saying that Mist's children couldn't have gone on their own journeys and gotten to Valencia/Valm the same way Ike did. If the child was Ike's and the mother didn't go with him on his journey the kid would have the same problem.

Too be fair, there is nothing saying that Mist's children couldn't have gone on their own journeys and gotten to Valencia/Valm the same way Ike did. If the child was Ike's and the mother didn't go with him on his journey the kid would have the same problem.

The thing is that such a journey would be incredibly difficult to trace. Say if someone were to try to trace Ike's steps, or sea path as it were, who's to say the person wouldn't wind up on Magvel? Or Elibe for that matter? And that's if, and that's a pretty big if, the person managed to jump between worlds.

Which kinda still counts as "being locked"

Not really. Being locked to a character and no other characters being able to use it are two different things. Being locked to a character means that you can't move the item from that character's inventory at all, not even to storage. Hence, locked to the character. A bunch of other characters could still be able to use it.

No other characters being able to use it means they can hold onto the item, but it's useless to them and only a certain character can use it.

I know, because Amiti is locked to Elincia in RD, but Renning has the ability to use it too. Meaning while Amiti is locked to Elincia, she isn't the only character that can use it. According to an FE wiki, anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Why wouldn't Mist's descendant go travelling in Ike's footsteps?

Great uncle Ike, Hero of Blue Flames, wandered to unknown lands with his trusty genius tactician sidekick. Who wouldn't want to be like him and imitate, especially if you knew you were related!

If Ike could travel to a whole new world, surely anyone else could! Especially to go in search of him!

And then they find his pile of bones and a battered Ragnell perhaps? xD And then they take it for themselves! SO MANY POSSIBILITIES!

And the judgral weapons.. They probably are fake as well. lol

(While I appreciate all the fanservice they throw into this game, it also kind of makes it seem like a parody or "crossover funtime" of the series and the verdict is still out on whether I can take the game seriously)

I'm not saying that they traced it. Dumb-ass luck is entirely acceptable. But, if the child was Mist's they'd be asking us to swallow that Ike intentionally left behind his best sword that holds special value to him for his sister who can't wield it so she could pass it on to a kid who would eventually down the line would travel to Valm and sire Paris just so he could claim he's Ike's descendant JUST for the sake of a small nod to series continuity that holds no bearing on the plot on the whole and then NOT have it be true.

This is why I say Ike/Mia or Ike/Randomgirl is the best choice. With Mia Ike has a reason to give her the blade and she CAN actually use it, we KNOW Mia is a wanderer, and it's not impossible she went with him or stumbled on it herself (heck, maybe her accidental arrival and Ike's desire to see a old friend and comrade is what resulted in the baby), and it allows the line to actually make sense as opposed to being just 'oh-hey. I'm Ike's descendant, except not really'. Randomgirl means only Ike has to make the journey and settle down with her once in Valm and can raise the kid personally, removing the problem of how Ragnell gets passed on.

@Prax: Because then they could just have claimed Paris heard Ike's tale and aspired to be like him. They wouldn't even need Ike to actually travel there as they could have just gone 'lol, Paris heard about a legendary hero of blue flame and wants to be like him, so he made replica weapons'. Doesn't make sense to say he's Ike's descendant and then not have him be Ike's descendant.

Also, does Paris have any convo's with Mist implying she's his ancestor? Doesn't seem right to have him be Mist's ancestor and then not bring it up if he talked to her. (She's DLC IIRC).

Edited by Snowy_One