A theory about Ike and Paris

Paper Jam

Apparently, you misread my post. Not being seen again is not the same as not being heard from again. Ever heard of mail? I'm pretty sure Tellius has some form of service that lets people send letters and packages to others. And also, like I said, nothing says Ike didn't find other undiscovered lands first. In fact, he probably had to in order to find the gate between worlds in the first place.

Also, Ike's ending just says 'he was never seen again.' It doesn't say that a person or two from Tellius couldn't have happened to bump into him on his travels. It implies that he was only never seen in Tellius again, not anywhere else.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if the Amiti appears as a passed down weapon to the child of GeoffreyXElincia then we can say it's all cool

Personally, why does it matter if it's the child of Mist or Ike?

HAHAHHAHA.

MAIL.

ARE YOU SERIOUS.

THIS ISN'T L.O.Z. W.W.

Edited by Inspector Clouseau

Magic could explain the travel, but once again, this serves as a limitation. Ike's spouse either had to travel with him, or had to have been met on the other side. Especially since it would require a magical ritual (presumably) to work.

Actually, wait, scratch what I said before. No Tellius native actually HAS to see Ike for my theory to work. Some people from where Ike went to could've gone to Tellius, mentioned that they'd seen Ike, and the information would eventually travel to Sanaki. I did this in my own fics, how could I forget? xP

EDIT: Doesn't mean that one can't exist.

Edited by Anacybele

Apparently, you misread my post. Not being seen again is not the same as not being heard from again. Ever heard of mail? I'm pretty sure Tellius has some form of service that lets people send letters and packages to others. And also, like I said, nothing says Ike didn't find other undiscovered lands first. In fact, he probably had to in order to find the gate between worlds in the first place.

And apparently, you're ignoring me when I say "It's difficult to travel between dimensions". Not being heard again doesn't mean anything if contact between dimensions can't be established in the first place.

I mean, heck! Take a look at Nils and Ninian. They managed to get through the Dragon Gate, but the fact that they had less Mako Quintessence in their bodies than an average human pretty much implies that their trip wasn't an easy one. And naturally Nils (and Ninian, depending on what Eliwood pairing you support) was never seen or heard from again after FE7. What makes you think Ike trying to get in touch with Tellius will be any easier?

Contact requires being able to reach the destination by any means. Like I said, FE is not a Sci-Fi series.

And apparently, you're ignoring me when I say "It's difficult to travel between dimensions". Not being heard again doesn't mean anything if contact between dimensions can't be established in the first place.

And you're ignoring me when I say nobody has to contact Ike between dimensions. They could have contacted him BEFORE he crossed worlds.

That still doesn't mean he would have been able to establish contact before going through said gate. Making contact, considering what era the FE series is loosely based on, would require to be seen by someone.

Edited by Little Al

That still doesn't mean he would have been able to establish contact before going through said gate. Making contact, considering what era the FE series is loosely based on, would require to be seen by someone.

Yes, obviously Ike would have to be seen by someone. But we know that he is because people like Chrom in FE: Awakening know he was seen in Valencia. That means he could've been seen in other lands too.

Then I can say Soren is a hermophrodite capable of giving birth to a baby and was Ike's partner in intercourse.

Can't say that didn't happen.

Couldn't they just adopt like Calill and Largo did? XD

Much more likely they found a war-made orphan and raised him/her together. lol

Soren doesn't look like Ashnard either. >_>

What's so hard about finding some blue haired kid eventually that would make a guy that look somewhat like Ike, anyway (Paris doesn't even look much like Ike if you ask me! Just because he decides to give himself a bandanna, he's suddenly Ike's descendant? lol)? It's GENERATIONS, not just father => son.

BUT.. let's say Paris is somehow Ike's descendant but through some adoption. lol Could have been a girl that they found who married a guy that looks somewhat like her dad or something. Maybe she didn't even have blue hair and married into some blue haired family. Sure are plenty of them around!

Example (mind you, I am rping by myself because I'm awesome at that):

Paris' ancestor: *sleeping after getting a full meal for the first time in days*

Ike: I was surprised to suddenly come back and find a kid sleeping in my bed.

Soren: He was lost. And hungry.. It reminded of of when when you reached out and helped me. But instead, this time..

Ike: .. So you're saying you wanted to return the favour in a way?

Soren: N-no.. it's not like I owe HIM anything, but.. I guess.. yeah. I remembered what it was like and I couldn't stop myself. *shakes head* I probably should have thought better of this.

Ike: No, you did the right thing. It's good. We'll figure it out in the morning.. *smiles* ... But.. did you have to give him my bed? >_>

Soren: Heh. Well. I certainly wasn't going to give him mine. Besides, he looks like you more, so he can have your bed.

[make no mistake even though they ain't sharing beds, Ike x Soren is still a thing but they are dancing around the subject and in half denial forever cuz Ike is dense lolol]

And then some future continues and this kid has kids and eventually one of them becomes Paris. The end.

Or you know.. Paris is a troll character. xD

Edited by Prax

Soren is FtM in a world without sex change operations.

And everyone is super-duper politically-correct about it because they're either nice people, they don't know about it or they already have his brandedness to pick on him for and doubling up mockery would just be mean.

Ike and Soren leave on a magical sea-sailing dimension-hopping adventure, they sleep together, Soren gets preggers and has baby, and generations later...

Parion.

Problem solved.

...In all seriousness, though, that's really the best theory I can come up with. I know lots of people will disagree with me, but Ike X Soren really seems like the most likely pairing for Ike to me. Soren is the person with whom Ike shares his closest non-familial bond, and Ike's supports with girls aren't really any MORE romantic than his supports with Soren, taking the final conversation in Radiant Dawn into account.

And just look at Soren. He may act like a male and be one socially, but he sure doesn't look like one, and he's dressed in such heavy robes, who's to say he's not biologically female? Soren's concept art even shows that he's fairly curvy, and his chest is never seen uncovered.

Food for thought.

Note: As a disclaimer, I don't at all mean to imply that this is, or should be, canon. It's just an idea as to how Paris could've come about given the circumstances of Ike's departure. Remember that for Paris to have been descended from Ike, Ike would still need to have at least one kid, otherwise his bloodline would end with him and there would be no descendant.

Also, to Anacybele: Please do not take offense at my post. I don't mean to say that IkeElincia is a bad pairing (heck, I shipped it too when I first played PoR), I'm just saying that I honestly think IkeSoren is more likely based on the characters' relationships at the end of the Tellius saga, as Ike's ending pretty much locks him out of canonically being with ANY girl from the Tellius games, with only Soren, Ranulf and offscreen people as his potential hookups. And, to be honest, Ranulf looks pretty definitely biologically-male. So, it's either Ike X FtM Soren or Ike X Unseen Female as Parion's ancestors.

I think I just got myself into something that may prove... chaotic.

EDIT: Heehee actually this entire section that was here was completely irrelevant nevermind~

Edited by Starlight36

I really don't think so. Like I said, this isn't some huge plot point or something but a throw-out nod to the older games. It doesn't make sense for them to claim him to be his descendant then not have him be the descendant.

Also, to Anacybele: Please do not take offense at my post. I don't mean to say that IkeElincia is a bad pairing (heck, I shipped it too when I first played PoR), I'm just saying that I honestly think IkeSoren is more likely based on the characters' relationships at the end of the Tellius saga, as Ike's ending pretty much locks him out of canonically being with ANY girl from the Tellius games, with only Soren, Ranulf and offscreen people as his potential hookups. And, to be honest, Ranulf looks pretty definitely biologically-male. So, it's either Ike X FtM Soren or Ike X Unseen Female as Parion's ancestors.

Uh, no offense to YOU, but I haven't been talking about IkexElincia for a few pages now. :/

Also, about Soren, if he's really female, I think we would've found that out by now. Also, being a little curvy doesn't mean anything. Look at Lucius. Heck, Geoffrey is a bit curvy too, if you ask me. And we all know these guys are, well, guys.

Isn't there the saying "The more complicated the theory, the less likely it is to be true"? Just accept that all IS wants us to know is that Paris (Parion is it now?) is descended from Ike because they said so. Anything beyond that is wild (and I mean really wild) theory that will never be proven.

But it's so fun to theorize about these things! lol

And it's not like we're actually trying to prove anything, we're just bringing up some possible ideas on the subject is all.

...Parion? Ugh. That name is awful. Seriously? What the hell was so wrong with the name Paris? :facepalm: This is the first time I have ever found a localized name to be so...awful and pointless. That's a bad sign.

Honestly, I'm just gonna say Ike settled down with a lady across the dimensional border and passed Ragnell down amongst his children. That's just my two cents.

To be honest, I don't like either name much, but Paris did make sense. For the first time in ages, I actually prefer the Japanese name to the English one. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get used to it.