USA DEMO UP!!!!

Kiego

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And again, as Fire Emblem becomes mainstream. My "speshulness" dries up and I cry in a corner being unable to be an elitist anymore.

Go play the Kiseki games.

Only one of them's been localized. The English mainstream doesn't even know it exists.

Aaaahhh, this will bring me back to the days Blazing Sword was the only one localized and I was the newbie.

I shall bring my wisdom to them.

The best part of Rekka no Ken for me was that Nintendo had the GameCube-Gameboy attachment, so I bought them together and actually got to play FE7 with an audience of friends who, with me, were greatly entertained by the refreshing dialogue and consequence-ridden battle style. Everyone began adopting different characters and became very invested in how that character was doing during the fight! Tense and wonderful.

I may not have the TV and the college buddies anymore, but I'm glad I found Serene Forest (to which I am new to) and other folk who have either been enjoying FE for a long time or just coming into it now. You guys are great! :)

Ahhhhhh so good

As somebody that really isn't much of a strategy game fan, I just gotta say that this demo sold me on the game.

I've tried getting into the Fire Emblem series ever since Path of Radiance came out on the GameCube all those years ago but I never could really get into it, so I decided that maybe this series wasn't for me, which was a bummer because the music and visuals were awesome. So fast forward to this week and I decide to download the demo, and well I basically fell in love with it and now I can't wait for the full game to come out!

I really couldn't say exactly what made me change my appreciation of the series though. Maybe it was the portability, instead of being on a home console, I think I prefer to play these types of games on a handheld because I also deeply enjoy replaying the old FF Tactics Advance once in a while, and Pokémon (although that's a different kind of game).

Err sorry for my small ramble there! Whatever it may be though, all I know is that I'm eagerly awaiting this game.

Finished playing through the demo for today, and I know I'm beating a dead horse, but I am definitely counting the days until this game comes out.

I will say something about what I've noticed, though:

I really don't think that's JYB voicing Male Avatar 1; sounds more like David Vincent to me. Why? The Avatar sounds like Richard from Tales of Graces f to my ears.

TBH, this game feels like the first time Nintendo's really taken this series seriously since FE9. (And FE9 seems like it was the first time they took it seriously since FE5.) I'm guessing that it has something to do with the 3DS' initial underperformance; Kid Icarus is the only first-party title of note that's not a rerelease.

Go play the Kiseki games.

Only one of them's been localized. The English mainstream doesn't even know it exists.

Aye, that's true. Though, IIRC wasn't there word that Trails in the Sky might release on Steam? That'd certainly raise awareness of it. Awareness of Ys has already increased, what with Oath in Felghana and Origin's release.

Edited by Raven the Obsidian

I really don't think that's JYB voicing Male Avatar 1; sounds more like David Vincent to me. Why? The Avatar sounds like Richard from Tales of Graces f to my ears.

It is David Vincent. I don't even know how anyone thinks it sounds like JYB.

Playing the demo again, found Leaf's Sword on my MU. Gave him a 28% to crit and he did so twice. That was pretty awesome to see.

Chrom also had a crit in the Prologue, and thanks to people earlier in this thread (I think) I can't unhear him saying URINE HAS COME!

Aye, that's true. Though, IIRC wasn't there word that Trails in the Sky might release on Steam? That'd certainly raise awareness of it. Awareness of Ys has already increased, what with Oath in Felghana and Origin's release.

Trails FC and SC might. 3rd could go either way.

Zero, Ao, and Sen definitely won't, though. The crossover fighter with Ys probably won't make it, either.

It is David Vincent. I don't even know how anyone thinks it sounds like JYB.

Haha, knew it.

...Now I'm gonna expect the Avatar to start ranting about how people are making trading cards, keychains, dolls, and other merchandise out of his image.

Why do I crave Avatar fruit snacks now...? A blessing and a curse...