USA DEMO UP!!!!

Kiego

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying Lunatic and just from prologue I can already tell the jump from hard mode is ridiculous.

A rank weapons on all enemies, a lot more enemies, and offensive stats are a small deal higher than Hard mode.

Only four enemies on prologue seem to have skills, no more than one each, one of them being the boss.

And yes, on hard and lunatic you can pair up from the get go.

Do you know if there are any new skill names on Lunatic?

It was so great! Strange that they wouldn't let you customize avatar or pick normal mode. I also found it strange that they wouldn't let you pair up when that has been such a marketing tool. It left me wanting so much more!!!!!

Everyone's voices were great. Krom's was a little deep though. That surprised me. Everyone is so charismatic and the dialogue was crisp haha. It will definitely be my favorite game in the series.

Hmm? You can pick normal mode. You can pair up from the start as well - I paired Avatar and Frederick on the first map. Maybe do what Diortem said and skip the tutorials? I did.

Sorry I meant not casual mode. I can't remember what they are calling it, but it only let's you play the version where if a character dies they aren't dead for good. I guess I thought the demo would be longer than two chapters. Am I making any sense haha?

Confirming I just got a 3-use item from random tile events named "Sweet Tincture".

Other than that going #crazylyfe and choosing a +skill -speed MU almost made me lose to the first bandits in lunatic prologue. lawl.

Confirming I just got a 3-use item from random tile events named "Sweet Tincture".

Other than that going #crazylyfe and choosing a +skill -speed MU almost made me lose to the first bandits in lunatic prologue. lawl.

Doubled MU with Fred on lunatic and got one shouted to an unlucky crit by the first bandit I fought. Never playing lunatic again...

Actually, I couldn't pair up either. Or I simply couldn't figure out how. xP

But I enjoyed this a lot! I'm eager to continue the story in the actual game! And Chrom's voice is a little deeper than I imagined. I didn't think it would be any deeper than RD Ike's. He's still cool though! He's like a mix of Ike and Link, imo, what with the Ike-like stats and Link-like sword techniques (twirling the blade, the ending blow, etc.). ^^

I wondered why I couldn't choose classic mode where there's permadeath (as is appropriate. FE is a war series, after all), but even so. I never lost anybody anyway.

Just played the demo after hijacking (I mean, borrowing...) my brother's 3DS and I like everything so far. I figured that we wouldn't be able to customize the Avatar yet, but I was very disappointed that I couldn't play the female version at all. I mean, why not let people play the default version like the male Avatar? Not all Fire Emblem fans are just guys....and I wanted to hear at least one of the three female voices for the Avatar.....but I digress. And is it just me, or do they not let you play the Intermission...? I found the summary on the world map referenced it. And at the end when you're speaking with "Marth", wasn't there supposed to be music playing???

Ahhh, I've watched waaay too many playthroughs of this game already its messing with my head... unsure.gif

The XSlayer weapons (Lanceslayer Lance, etc.) have been localized as Superior Weapons, judging from the fact that I just found a 'Superior Lance'.

Well, since you found that, I'll add them all to the list in the other topic. On that note, found Imposing Axe (Humongous Axe).

Edited by Shadow Stalker X

Speaking of "Marth" I thought they should have made his voice less feminine. Yeah, I'm aware of whom he's really supposed to be, but if you're trying to disguise yourself as a guy, don't make yourself sound like a girl. That just...gives away the fact that you're probably really a girl. Which I'm surprised Chrom and company didn't seem to pick up. xP

Someone on GameFAQs has confirmed Sigurd.

Sigurd instead of Siglud? Good, because Siglud is just stupid. Just like I'm glad Chrom is pronounced with a short o instead of a long one.

My god nintendo is now back at the top(for me.)

Yeah.

Hoping that this reputation stays as it is.

Everyone that finds character weapons/items, please reprt them, I'm dying to know names of the JP-only game characters!!

All of us are. All of us.

One thing I can confirm: Wolt is still Wolt.

Since I got a "Wolt's Bow".

Excellent.

Proof that we are getting the Japan only characters. YES!

I just picked up Leif's Blade.

Also the 3D looks gorgeous.

I'mma having a stroke right now. This is just too awesome!

*Prances around the fucking house*

So... Othin is Orsin now...

I'm not sure what to make of this

Mmm....it's good I guess.

After playing this demo, I have to give the localization team props to the wonderful translation so far. I like Lissa's and Sully's VA. Looking forward to the NA release.

The item I found in the Chapter 1 map was a Micaiah's Pyre tome.

I like Lissa's name better than Liz cuz it's so much cuter. Like Paola is better as Palla. I call Paola Palla from there on and I will do the same for Lisse (Liz) and Tharja (Sariya). =3

Ok, I put together a post to collect everything found so far

Superior Jolt

Catharsis

Orsin's Hatchet

Leif's Blade

Micaiah's Pyre

Wolt's Bow

Seliph's Blade (?)

Finn's Lance (?)

Aversa's Darkness (?)

Katarina's Lightning (?)

(?) are those that posted names in the localized names topic. The character names are right, though not sure about the weapon part.

Othrin is Orsin. Good.

Leif. Perfect. They actually name him this by the music soundtracks.

Wolt. Stayed the same. =)

Selphina's is Seliph. *smiles ^o^*

Finn. Yay! =3

Inverse is Aversa. Good.

Katarina stayed the same. Yay! =3

I shall live vicariously through you all, as I am lacking a 3DS

I only have a Japanese one. But I'll be watching this thread. Big time!

I played in Hard and it let me Pair Up. Might just be the difficulty setting.

Twikitri!!!!!!

Doubled MU with Fred on lunatic and got one shouted to an unlucky crit by the first bandit I fought. Never playing lunatic again...

Rey must be the FE guru to be able to get through this mode easily.

FE is a war series, after all), but even so. I never lost anybody anyway.

Both FE and FETactics are designed to bring tension. Gotta love it!

Edited by Katarina