FE13 Story script + extras

VincentASM

I'm afraid I don't have any opinions, especially since I haven't played the game yet ^^;;;

For the asterisks, I use the nowiki tags too. If there are many asterisks, you could find and replace all the asterisks with <nowiki>*</nowiki>. This will also change the non-problematic asterisks too, but it shouldn't break the pages.

As for the formatting, I think it's impossible to be completely consistent with everything, because each editor has their own quirks (and that sometimes even includes the same editor over different time periods), so I wouldn't worry *too* much about it. If it's generally consistent (like all the names are bolded), it should be fine : )

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Chapter 17 is up and running.

I don't like that the "End of Turn 6" and "End of Turn 8" sections are part of the same table of contents sub-section as "VS Pheros". Not sure what to do about that, though. Could make ">Battle Start" a header, but then it just looks silly with "Start Battle" that close to it. (Maybe "Player Phase" instead of "Battle Start"? "Turn One"?) And some chapters don't have any dialogue between Turn 1 Player Phase and when you fight the boss to warrant the need for a header; it would just be one header after the other on the page. ...Well, maybe that's not so bad.

Of course, if "End of Turn 8"-type dialogue should even have a header to begin with... I just did it like that because, well, I use the >description thing that I see pichupal using, so it looks rather messy in the Turn 8 dialogue if I use >End of Turn 8. I'm a copy-cat. x3

I'll go work on editing Chapter 18 for a...little bit of a comparison.

I think it's possible to customise the table of contents, but I can't make heads or tails of MediaWiki's explanation right now >___<

I'll give you a shout if I figure out how.

Edited by VincentASM

Added the Robin version of the "Two Years Later" section of Chapter 11.

I heard from a friend that a lot of the later dialogue changes if Chrom and Robin are married; once someone uploads the regular versions of the last arc or so, I'll keep my eyes peeled for any differences.

...-facepalm- I hate not having strict guidelines to follow for stuff like this... I am doing so many different things on different pages. Dx It's a disaster. ......Okay, not a "disaster." Overreaction. It's just...I feel it's very sloppy when there are such stupid little inconsistencies... But is there any point in fixing any of it? It's probably not even the layout that will be used... *sigh* ...Can you tell I had issues in literature classes in school? x.x Do not understand things, can't get anything done. Too much of a perfectionist, can't finish things. hfgjdajgkufdnsgidanofd

Well, um, I'm slowly oh-so-very-slowly working on chapter transcriptions. Procrastination. Bleh.

Well, I'm a perfectionist myself, so I can kind of understand.

At the moment, I'm working on the item locations list, but I'm really anal about the format and I keep changing it every now and then, so I still haven't gotten past the swords.

However, after a lot of experience, I've kind of accepted that perfection and consistency aren't always matter--what's important is that you get your ideas and information across. Of course, it's easier said than done (otherwise I wouldn't still be nitpicking my own layouts still) ^^

So, what should be done for Avatar gender differences? His/her, and he/she. Lord/Lady, and milord/milady. Son/daughter, and "Daddy's special little boy/girl." Anything bigger than that would have a note or a separation. But the smaller ones--I dunno what should be done.

One possible difference--a tiny difference--is when the Avatar gets the Fire Emblem back. Chrom called me a cat. x3 "You sly cat." I can't remember what the male version is, but I'm wanting to say it wasn't cat.

Heehee, cat. x3 He knows me well!

So, what should be done for Avatar gender differences? His/her, and he/she. Lord/Lady, and milord/milady. Son/daughter, and "Daddy's special little boy/girl." Anything bigger than that would have a note or a separation. But the smaller ones--I dunno what should be done.

One possible difference--a tiny difference--is when the Avatar gets the Fire Emblem back. Chrom called me a cat. x3 "You sly cat." I can't remember what the male version is, but I'm wanting to say it wasn't cat.

Heehee, cat. x3 He knows me well!

Just to corroborate with an internet source, it is different with a Male Avatar.

EDIT: And considering the japanese wikis wanted to have all six scripts for each Avatar voice before, anything you do will be more organized :)

Edited by pichupal

Another question: Has it been decided where character endings will go? Paired endings will be a pain in the butt to sort through...

Also, could I type up the death quotes? I'ma be mass-massacre'ing for FeAvatar supports/barracks greetings soon enough... Time for depression! \o/

Ahh crap! Letting Chrom make the final blow to Grima causes a scene between the Avatar and his/her spouse. Where should those go?...

Edited by Tsamimi

I'd create separate pages for the Epilogue and Character endings, like for FE12. Granted, I don't know what this game's ending is like, so um... ^^;;;

The final blow dialogue sounds like it should go in the final chapter. Unless you meant *where* in the final chapter X D

Oh yeah, go ahead and add the death quotes. If you haven't already, just double check that nobody else is adding them right now.

Edited by VincentASM

I, uh, have 23 finished. I'll be putting in the wiki along with 21-Endgame when I finish up the endgame script. Collecting the encouragement lines is irritating me... Also have most of Irreconcilable Paths typed up.

But I do not have Dead King's Lament typed, so that would be helpful. :3

I, uh, have 23 finished. I'll be putting in the wiki along with 21-Endgame when I finish up the endgame script. Collecting the encouragement lines is irritating me... Also have most of Irreconcilable Paths typed up.

But I do not have Dead King's Lament typed, so that would be helpful. :3

Maybe do Chapter claiming? Or at least post when you start working on it or something?

Oh, and I think I have some of the encouragement lines somewhere...

Even if you have them already, I at least have both Morgan's. Should've typed out their endings and post-game quotes when I had the chance though.

Endgame

Miriel: Arise from your hypnopomic state! You are sorely needed here!

Maribelle: Set up right this instant, or suffer a swift smack of my parasol!

Panne: Do not rob the last taguel of one of our last true champions!

Gaius: Up and ay 'em Robin! One dragon oughta be a piece of cake!

Nowi: I thought I was your favourite dragon! Forget about Grima!

Olivia: Please, Robin! I still haven't shown you my new dance!

Henry: I know the darkness is warm and delicious... But too much of a good thing is just bad!

Lucina: You have earned my trust and my love, sir. Now return to us!

Flavia: You don't bow to dragons. You break 'em!

Donnel: I need ya to come on back, y'hear?!

Kjelle: This is a test, and by the gods, you're gonna pass it!

Yarne: You're going to be okay, right? ... I need you to keep me safe.

Nah: You'll return. I know you will.

Tiki: You are not Grima, nor is he you. Remember that, Robin!

Stahl: Wake up, Robin! Only I get to oversleep!

Kellam: Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAH!

Ricken: Please, Robin! You're too important to me!

Tharja: Get up, Robin! No one goes down without my say so...

Say'ri: Aye, awaken! You cannot leave now, with my debt to you unpaid!

Basilio: Pull it together, lad! Death is overrated, believe me!

Anna: Robin, you can't close up shop on us now! We still need you!

Owain: Heed not the dark's eerie call, friend! Summon forth the strength inside you!

Inigo: I can think of nothing worse than dying alone. ... No, seriously. I can't.

Brady: Come on, bud! No givin' up now!

Severa: If you don't come back, I'm never going to forgive you!

Gerome: We lost to the fell dragon once. Do not grant fate a second victory!

Morgan(F): Father! You mean everything to me! I can't lose you again!

Noire: Blood and thunder! Return to us now!

Morgan(M)

Mother! You mean everything to me! I can't lose you again!

Walhart

Rise, Robin! Show this god that man is made of sterner stuff!

Edited by pichupal

I'm dumb. And forgetful. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Should have said I was working on those chapters before. I've learned my lesson. ;-;

I managed to get all the encouragement quotes (I even screwed around a ton of times to get the proper order), except for MaMorgan. Thank you for that! ^^

I'm dumb. And forgetful. Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Should have said I was working on those chapters before. I've learned my lesson. ;-;

I managed to get all the encouragement quotes (I even screwed around a ton of times to get the proper order), except for MaMorgan. Thank you for that! ^^

IIRC, which should help when doing the epilogue and endings, whoever ends up doing them - they follow recruitment/support order. Can you confirm this?

So it pretty much goes...

Characters recruited in Main Chapters (Lucina is between Henry and Say'ri, if I remember, and support list when chapters give two characters)

Characters recruited in Sidequests by Paralogue order (Donny, Anna, then the children starting with Owain)

Spotpass characters

And in the paired endings, the basic structure of each support is based on the males and Avatar, so they take priority order in the list. Like, Lissa will come up pretty early if she's unmarried, but could come in as late as Henry.

I'll need to double check this to make sure - once I'm done my work. Probably sometime tomorrow?

@VincentASM

I did not see this thread earlier... but I went ahead and set up a thread to compile Epilogues in the FE: A section :) (a little bit before you made one of the above posts about the epilogue, actually!) Of course, if you have not played the game yet, it may not be best to look at that just yet...

http://serenesforest...opic=38522&st=0

Edited by Kirokan

IIRC, which should help when doing the epilogue and endings, whoever ends up doing them - they follow recruitment/support order. Can you confirm this?

So it pretty much goes...

Characters recruited in Main Chapters (Lucina is between Henry and Say'ri, if I remember, and support list when chapters give two characters)

Characters recruited in Sidequests by Paralogue order (Donny, Anna, then the children starting with Owain)

Spotpass characters

And in the paired endings, the basic structure of each support is based on the males and Avatar, so they take priority order in the list. Like, Lissa will come up pretty early if she's unmarried, but could come in as late as Henry.

I'll need to double check this to make sure - once I'm done my work. Probably sometime tomorrow?

That's pretty much it. Only exception is Sully and Virion; they are opposite of the support list. But every other case—Lissa/Frederick, Vaike/Stahl/Miriel, Kellam/Sumia, Ricken/Maribelle, Panne/Gaius, Gregor/Nowi, Basilio/Flavia—are all correct according to the support log order. (Though, I don't understand Kellam/Sumia. Sumia joins at the start of the chapter and then you have to go recruit Kellam after...)

And for endings, Lucina is after Anna for some reason...

--

Edit: Endgame script is up! Ai-yai-yai that's a lot of text. And the header for the spouse's name is normal sized bold text, just like the names of who is talking. I'm sad. ;-; It looks like this:

Cynthia

Cynthia

Heroes have to put other people first, but I still don't want to lose you. I love you! And a dead husband is frankly no good to me at all!

Speaking of which, that section should be further split into spouse/children, shouldn't it? TOO MANY HEADERS...

Edited by Tsamimi

Okay, so two notes...

Chapter 25's pre-battle script doesn't change.

Chrom doesn't get a special spouse talk with Avatar if the two are married and Chrom landed the final blow, but both Morgan (M) and Lucina (in that order) will talk to her:

Male Morgan:

Don't worry, Mother! We'll find a way to make things right! I know it seems crazy, but look at all you've accomplished!

Lucina:

I cannot imagine a future without you, Mother. Not anymore. You need to live—for me, and for all those who love you.

Phew! Now we have the chapters from 13 to the end. Some small gender differences and variable spouse/child scenes still have to be compiled.

In progress: Walhart's and Inigo's paralogues.

I've read the Chapter 23 script, and it's missing the Lucina battle quote with Validar.

Lucina's works on the second Validar.

(Lucina)

Lucina

Die, Validar!

Validar

Impudent meddler! You have failed to change the future at every turn. What makes you think this time will be different?

Lucina

Perhaps it won't... But either way, it's no reason to spare your miserable life!

Didn't see the other ones from earlier. Sorry.

[spoiler=Paralogue 18: The Dead King's Lament]

Before Battle:

Zanth

Yar! Cavalry's come to claim yer heads, maggots! To arms, or I be killin' ye first! Hey! Got salt in yer ears, maggot? I said to move yer maggoty hide!

Gangrel

..... Maggot...

Zanth

Yar, maggot! And if the maggot has further questions, my blade can answer 'em!

Gangrel

...The maggot is just fine, thanks.

Zanth

The maggot's a useless little sea squirt is what he is! Yar har ho! Anyway, maggots, best keep what little wits ye've got! The cavalry we face is none other than Chrom and his Shepherds!

Gangrel

Chrom... That name rings damnable sour in this dead man's ear. Not that any of it matters now...

>Scene shifts to Chrom and friends

Chrom

Are those the dread pirates we've heard so much about?

Frederick

Indeed. Their leader is a man named Zanth, the so-called Southron Sea King. His crew can stand up to most armies, and as such, he holds sway over the south. Extreme caution should be the order of the day against this one, milord.

Chrom

Right. Then let's finish our business and get out of here!

[spoiler=Gangrel dialogue]

(Chrom talks to Gangrel)

Chrom

Wait a minute... G-Gangrel?!

Gangrel

...Gangrel is dead. Nothing but maggots here.

Chrom

Wait! Gangrel! That's the Mad King... I'm sure of it.

(Chrom talks to Gangrel a second time)

Chrom

Gangrel, I know it's you! How are you alive?!

Gangrel

Alive? No, Chrom. This is not living... You killed me once, dear prince. Now I would beg you do so again. My life is over, but my body refuses to accept it.

Chrom

Gods, listen to you... Is this truly the same Mad King who stood against us?

Gangrel

Tear out everything that makes a man and all you're left with is a husk. No throne. No gold. No men... I scrub chamber pots for brigands. Ah, how the mighty have fallen...

Chrom

Ironic that you, of all people, are finally learning about long falls.

Gangrel

Heh. Seems I'm not the only one who's changed, dear prince. Days past, you'd have sheathed your blade in my chest by now. Perhaps you're less of your father and more of your sister than I thought...

Chrom

Your crimes are beyond forgiveness. But indeed, Emmeryn had a profound effect on me, in most every way. My only change now is to save this world. I have no time for vendetta.

Gangrel

How very gracious of you.

Chrom

Enough, Gangrel. What little life you still have is wasted here. I can offer you a higher purpose... You could fight for us.

Gangrel

Heh... NOW who's the mad king?

Chrom

I told you, I have no time for vendetta. Defeating Grima is all that matters. And while killing you here would please me greatly, it'd put me no closer to that goal. Since you're no longer my enemy, I'd sooner put you to use then see you rot.

Gangrel

You've changed, little prince. I'm almost disappointed. Still, I suppose this is what true leadership looks like...

Chrom

I'd have your answer, Gangrel.

Gangrel

..... It was a lovely speech, but I'll pass. I'm just not the sort to play at hope and justice. If killing me would please you greatly, I'll not deny your satisfaction. Come, boy. Do an old king one last favor and end this charade now.

(Chrom talks to Gangrel a third time)

Chrom

Gangrel, wait!

Gangrel

You talk of slaying gods, but you're too soft to end one sorry little man? What are you waiting for?! Do it! I give you my head on a silver platter!

Chrom

You're pathetic.

Gangrel

...Wh-what?

Chrom

You're not even worth killing. Not like this. Your death would hold no meaning at all.

Gangrel

You smug little-

Chrom

Either we end Grima, or Grima ends us. And that includes your Plegian citizens. If you would throw your life away, throw it at Grima! Die with sword in hand, not begging like some craven rat with its foot in a trap! You were a king once. Now suck up your self-pity, and die for your people!

Gangrel

Graaagh! Gods, but I despise you! Every word and every action of yours makes me want to paint the walls with my lunch!

Chrom

Then you would stay here to rot in-

Gangrel

I WASN'T FINISHED! Gods, anything to make you stop talking... Look, I've never sworn an oath in my life, much less thought to keep one... But what little life I have remaining is yours. Dragons, gods... throw me at what you will.

(Killing Gangrel)

Gangrel

It's all some kind of... sick joke...

(Village)

Villager

Never thought we'd see someone stand against the Southern Sea King! Most of the villages here have been razed to the ground. Hundred have died. ...Here. Take this and return the favor. Make them pay for what they've done!

(Get a Seraph Robe)

Battle with Zanth

Zanth

Bow low, scum! You're in the presence of the Southern Sea King!

(Vs. Gangrel)

Zanth

Why, ye traitorous maggot! No one switches sail on me and lives!

Gangrel

You can't kill a dead man, sweetheart. Now to feed YOU to the maggots!

Zanth dies

Zanth

Such... strength... N-not... human...

Chapter end

Frederick

That's the last of the pirates, milord. With the seas open once more, the people here should know a measure of peace.

Chrom

Thank you, Frederick. We'd best hoist anchor and move on ourselves.

Edit: Don't wanna double post, so I'll add Dead King's Lament to this post.

Edited by 春閣下

I've read the Chapter 23 script, and it's missing the Lucina battle quote with Validar.

Lucina's works on the second Validar.

(Lucina)

Lucina

Die, Validar!

Validar

Impudent meddler! You have failed to change the future at every turn. What makes you think this time will be different?

Lucina

Perhaps it won't... But either way, it's no reason to spare your miserable life!

Didn't see the other ones from earlier. Sorry.

[spoiler=Paralogue 18: The Dead King's Lament]

Before Battle:

Zanth

Yar! Cavalry's come to claim yer heads, maggots! To arms, or I be killin' ye first! Hey! Got salt in yer ears, maggot? I said to move yer maggoty hide!

Gangrel

..... Maggot...

Zanth

Yar, maggot! And if the maggot has further questions, my blade can answer 'em!

Gangrel

...The maggot is just fine, thanks.

Zanth

The maggot's a useless little sea squirt is what he is! Yar har ho! Anyway, maggots, best keep what little wits ye've got! The cavalry we face is none other than Chrom and his Shepherds!

Gangrel

Chrom... That name rings damnable sour in this dead man's ear. Not that any of it matters now...

>Scene shifts to Chrom and friends

Chrom

Are those the dread pirates we've heard so much about?

Frederick

Indeed. Their leader is a man named Zanth, the so-called Southron Sea King. His crew can stand up to most armies, and as such, he holds sway over the south. Extreme caution should be the order of the day against this one, milord.

Chrom

Right. Then let's finish our business and get out of here!

[spoiler=Gangrel dialogue]

(Chrom talks to Gangrel)

Chrom

Wait a minute... G-Gangrel?!

Gangrel

...Gangrel is dead. Nothing but maggots here.

Chrom

Wait! Gangrel! That's the Mad King... I'm sure of it.

(Chrom talks to Gangrel a second time)

Chrom

Gangrel, I know it's you! How are you alive?!

Gangrel

Alive? No, Chrom. This is not living... You killed me once, dear prince. Now I would beg you do so again. My life is over, but my body refuses to accept it.

Chrom

Gods, listen to you... Is this truly the same Mad King who stood against us?

Gangrel

Tear out everything that makes a man and all you're left with is a husk. No throne. No gold. No men... I scrub chamber pots for brigands. Ah, how the mighty have fallen...

Chrom

Ironic that you, of all people, are finally learning about long falls.

Gangrel

Heh. Seems I'm not the only one who's changed, dear prince. Days past, you'd have sheathed your blade in my chest by now. Perhaps you're less of your father and more of your sister than I thought...

Chrom

Your crimes are beyond forgiveness. But indeed, Emmeryn had a profound effect on me, in most every way. My only change now is to save this world. I have no time for vendetta.

Gangrel

How very gracious of you.

Chrom

Enough, Gangrel. What little life you still have is wasted here. I can offer you a higher purpose... You could fight for us.

Gangrel

Heh... NOW who's the mad king?

Chrom

I told you, I have no time for vendetta. Defeating Grima is all that matters. And while killing you here would please me greatly, it'd put me no closer to that goal. Since you're no longer my enemy, I'd sooner put you to use then see you rot.

Gangrel

You've changed, little prince. I'm almost disappointed. Still, I suppose this is what true leadership looks like...

Chrom

I'd have your answer, Gangrel.

Gangrel

..... It was a lovely speech, but I'll pass. I'm just not the sort to play at hope and justice. If killing me would please you greatly, I'll not deny your satisfaction. Come, boy. Do an old king one last favor and end this charade now.

(Chrom talks to Gangrel a third time)

Chrom

Gangrel, wait!

Gangrel

You talk of slaying gods, but you're too soft to end one sorry little man? What are you waiting for?! Do it! I give you my head on a silver platter!

Chrom

You're pathetic.

Gangrel

...Wh-what?

Chrom

You're not even worth killing. Not like this. Your death would hold no meaning at all.

Gangrel

You smug little-

Chrom

Either we end Grima, or Grima ends us. And that includes your Plegian citizens. If you would throw your life away, throw it at Grima! Die with sword in hand, not begging like some craven rat with its foot in a trap! You were a king once. Now suck up your self-pity, and die for your people!

Gangrel

Graaagh! Gods, but I despise you! Every word and every action of yours makes me want to paint the walls with my lunch!

Chrom

Then you would stay here to rot in-

Gangrel

I WASN'T FINISHED! Gods, anything to make you stop talking... Look, I've never sworn an oath in my life, much less thought to keep one... But what little life I have remaining is yours. Dragons, gods... throw me at what you will.

(Killing Gangrel)

Gangrel

It's all some kind of... sick joke...

(Village)

Villager

Never thought we'd see someone stand against the Southern Sea King! Most of the villages here have been razed to the ground. Hundred have died. ...Here. Take this and return the favor. Make them pay for what they've done!

(Get a Seraph Robe)

Battle with Zanth

Zanth

Bow low, scum! You're in the presence of the Southern Sea King!

(Vs. Gangrel)

Zanth

Why, ye traitorous maggot! No one switches sail on me and lives!

Gangrel

You can't kill a dead man, sweetheart. Now to feed YOU to the maggots!

Zanth dies

Zanth

Such... strength... N-not... human...

Chapter end

Frederick

That's the last of the pirates, milord. With the seas open once more, the people here should know a measure of peace.

Chrom

Thank you, Frederick. We'd best hoist anchor and move on ourselves.

Edit: Don't wanna double post, so I'll add Dead King's Lament to this post.

Whoops! Forgot that Lucina might have boss conversations! Added it, thank you~! ^^