Awakening TV Commercial

Onestep

I don't know if anyone's seen this already, but there's an Awakening TV Commercial now. Nothing we haven't seen before, as it's just a few cutscene clips and a bunch of characters (Sumia, Chrom and a Male Avatar) in battles, but it's interesting that they showed off Lucina so soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg7qQnxFQ-g

Edited by Onestep

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not like Marth's gender is kept a secret for very long, anyway. It's revealed in like, what, Chapter 6? They're not telling anyone exactly who she is, so the biggest part is still there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "Marth" isn't really a "king", anyhow...

It seems that they took a level further.

Japanese materials: Lucina = spoiler, other children = not spoilers (explanation of their appearance was still considered spoilers)

NOA materials: Children = not spoilers, Lucina = not spoiler

Probably the only things that are considered spoilers are the fact that the children are from the future, and the fact that Lucina is masked Marth. The children themselves can be shown so long as no explanation is given.

I think it's much better than FE10's in-game spoiler. "Zelgius is the Black Knight," thanks for letting us know early, Ranulf. Even though we all know that already.

True but they only showed her for a second, and I get the feeling that any unknowing watchers will have it fly over their heads, lol. Especially the younger audiences.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Edited by MagicLeafy

Darn, I was hoping someone would poison Vaike's mutton.

In all seriousness, I like how they showed Lucina. Even though, as someone has said, those who aren't in the 'know' won't even know who she is.

Well, it's not like Marth's gender is kept a secret for very long, anyway. It's revealed in like, what, Chapter 6? They're not telling anyone exactly who she is, so the biggest part is still there. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "Marth" isn't really a "king", anyhow...

[spoiler=marth]Especially since they didn't even TRY to disguise her voice. They made it BLATENTLY obvious it's a female.

Gaah~ I like the TV CM; thought it was pretty good.....

But why would they spoil Lucinaaaaa? /sobs.

But yes, I suppose the whole 'gender secret' isn't that huge of a shock compared to her 'true identity' ( dun dun dun ) but still.. It irks me nonetheless.

Lucina's appearance is brief and out of context. In my opinion, it's not enough time and explicit information to be a spoiler unless you are specifically looking for it. The comments on the youtube video, though... the people crying out spoilers (and explaining how it is, to them, a spoiler) are the ones spoiling it! And none of them could have known it was a spoiler except with a priori knowledge of the fact.

PSA: Don't read the comments on that video if you don't want to be spoiled.

Good to see NoA is really pushing Fire Emblem :D

Yeah, now they just need to get that full website for the game up and running. Checked it just now in the hopes they'd put it up along with the commercial going out, but nope. :C

[spoiler=marth]Especially since they didn't even TRY to disguise her voice. They made it BLATENTLY obvious it's a female.

[spoiler=voice]Just so you know it isn't horribly obvious to people who don't know. While my reaction was "wow who wouldn't think that is a girl", my sister's reaction was "wow marth sounds really young in this"

[spoiler=voice]Just so you know it isn't horribly obvious to people who don't know. While my reaction was "wow who wouldn't think that is a girl", my sister's reaction was "wow marth sounds really young in this"

Almost sounds like a girl pretending to be a guy... Hmm...

A comment in the video:

You gotta love nintendo right now is actually making effort to sell games that's not named "Mario" or "Zelda"

Approval for commercial.

Non-approval for spoiler in the TV commercial. Like BLATANT showing of who's behind the mask before you even play the game.

I mean sure, it wasn't a "spoiler" spoiler... but still.

[spoiler=Marth's Voice]Yeah, I thought the same. If you don't know it's a girl, or rather if people bothered to keep it under wraps (and Nintendo showing that commercial with "him" unmasked didn't really help things) then the secret about Lucina could've stayed a surprise.

Lucina's appearance is brief and out of context. In my opinion, it's not enough time and explicit information to be a spoiler unless you are specifically looking for it. The comments on the youtube video, though... the people crying out spoilers (and explaining how it is, to them, a spoiler) are the ones spoiling it! And none of them could have known it was a spoiler except with a priori knowledge of the fact.

PSA: Don't read the comments on that video if you don't want to be spoiled.

Yeah. People have been spoiling that on anything Fire Emblem Awakening related. Which is really dumb.

I also agree that

Marth/Lucina's voice sounds a bit like a girl trying to disguise their voice, and yet it also sounds a tiny bit like a boy who's voice hasn't cracked. So, it isn't obvious unless it's already been spoiled. Unless one is really astute and notices something's up.

May I also say that I loved that commercial. It really does present FE as well as you could in half a minute (although I wished they would have said something more specific about supports, but eh).

Edited by Diortem

[spoiler=Marth's Voice]Yeah, I thought the same. If you don't know it's a girl, or rather if people bothered to keep it under wraps (and Nintendo showing that commercial with "him" unmasked didn't really help things) then the secret about Lucina could've stayed a surprise.

Especially since, in the States, many young male characters (Ash Ketchum comes to mind) are traditionally voiced by women VAs. Ya'll've been conditioned!

[spoiler=In the subject of the voice]Amusingly, my brother first thought that "he" was a girl when he watched the Chapter 1 animated cutscene, saying it was due to the hair and voice. He didn't even realized that it was "Marth" until the dialogue gave it away.

NOA is going balls out on this one, which is great. Although, the way they billed the game, it sounds partially like a morality RPG.

I hadn't even thought of that. I wonder if folks'll pick up on that and buy it without researching, though. I don't see too many people who play the morality RPGs for the decision aspect jumping blindly into a linear game because of a commercial voice over, haha!