Awakening TV Commercial

Onestep

To be fair

"Marth's" voice was fairly girly in the Japanese version, too. The voice clips on the Japanese site were one of the pieces of evidence to prove the "Masked Marth is a girl" theory about a year ago

Also, question,

Do they actually show Marth taking off the mask or do they just show a girl with long blue hair? *hasn't seen it yet*

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair

"Marth's" voice was fairly girly in the Japanese version, too. The voice clips on the Japanese site were one of the pieces of evidence to prove the "Masked Marth is a girl" theory about a year ago

Also, question,

Do they actually show Marth taking off the mask or do they just show a girl with long blue hair? *hasn't seen it yet*

To answer your question...

Just a girl with long blue hair. And she's crying.

Then that's not really a spoiler

Well, to be fair, if anyone noticed that

The girl not only had the same hair color as "Marth" but semi-similar facial features, they could get tipped off. But really only the sharp and astute, or the people who had the story spoiled would notice. If they had gone ANY further with that than showing her for a couple seconds, then it would have been a massive spoiler. I still think it is a bit of a spoiler, though.

It's Lucina's role that is a spoiler, not her identity. It's like that picture that had the names of other children characters and called out spoilers; those weren't spoilers, it's their role that gives out spoilers. By that logic, I guess you could say the official art such as Guire's, Mariabel's, Tharja's and such are all spoilers as they basically tell you who'll be recruited.

It's Lucina's role that is a spoiler, not her identity. It's like that picture that had the names of other children characters and called out spoilers; those weren't spoilers, it's their role that gives out spoilers. By that logic, I guess you could say the official art such as Guire's, Mariabel's, Tharja's and such are all spoilers as they basically tell you who'll be recruited.

I'm moreso referring to the fact that

If people noticed that "that girl" (or Lucina, rather) had similar features to "Marth", then they would know that it isn't Marth (although that's semi-obvious), and is infact, a girl posing as Marth, for the reason she chose to disguise herself. If people put together that she is in fact a girl, while it is revealed that she is a girl fairly early on (Ch. 6, if I recall) that's still a spoiler. Believe it or not, there are some people that don't know Marth is a girl (probably few, though, based on the people saying that stuff about Marth's voice being a big factor in this). Plus, if her identity really wasn't a spoiler, then why is the rest of this thread putting spoiler tags over anything to do with her?

Not trying to be rude, but there are people that think that is a spoiler.

Edited by Diortem

If they think that's bad, wait until they receive the GameStop artbook at release and look inside, gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

...Don't tell me they spoiled that in the book.

Reminds me of Xenoblade how that game's artbook spoiled something about Melia that was apparently supposed to be a surprise.

Edited by Diortem

On Marth's page preview

It has her unmasked, but still in her Marth appearance, so with short hair. If it has a second page, it'll have her unmasked

...It's like they're not even trying anymore to keep it secret. Then again, they probably are thinking more about the people who were stalking following the information about the game since day one, and spoiled themselves throughly, than the newbies. That's just my thought, though.

Read this guys, unless you're afraid of a response that is too rational

Or the fact that you learn it in Chapter 6 and hopefully they don't reveal her full role

Well, considering that, before that,

She did some weird stuff, they do reveal a bit about her, just not her exact purpose for having time traveled back here (I believe that's revealed 5 chapters later, and they don't state that she time-traveled either). Still, 6 out of 26 chapters (the sidequests don't really contribute to the story) is actually a fair bit into the game, but it is still early. I'm just going to stop here, because at this point, it's all about what people consider spoilers or not.

Also. about the Rekka commercial vs the Kakusei commercial, I really think that the Kakusei commerical is better, if only because, while the Rekka commercial had it's charm, it was kind of misleading. Kakusei's actually presents a more clear message, not to mention it actually had to do with the game.

Edited by Diortem

I remember this one for Rekka no Ken in the US.

Can't decide which one is better. laugh.gif

Oh dear lord. That made me laugh so hard. I'd been wondering where the 'poison his mutton' thing came from. XD

I hate this 26 chapters thing used as a metric, with every chapter having equal weight. So much more plot happens post-Chapter 8 than pre-Chapter 8, I'd say. Every chapter after Chapter 7 or 8 tends to be longer than every chapter before 7 or 8. You're telling me it took you just as long to beat the Prologue and Chapter 1 as it did Chapter 9 or 13?

Edited by Lord Raven

I hate this 26 chapters thing used as a metric, with every chapter having equal weight. So much more plot happens post-Chapter 8 than pre-Chapter 8, I'd say. Every chapter after Chapter 7 or 8 tends to be longer than every chapter before 7 or 8. You're telling me it took you just as long to beat the Prologue and Chapter 1 as it did Chapter 9 or 13?

...Yeah, that probably wasn't the best comparison, but you get the idea. It really just depends on what point one considers plot twists or plot points a spoiler.

Reminds me of Xenoblade how that game's artbook spoiled something about Melia that was apparently supposed to be a surprise.

It was supposed to be a surprise. I don't know how successful it was, though.

The girl is obviously very odd - inhumanly odd - and the game tells you her role at the beginning of the next area anyway. If you're following standard RPG character archetypes, the 'mysterious blue-haired secretly-an-angel waifu' isn't a new one. Considering her above-all attitude and the fact that a race called the 'High Entia' even exists, one can put it together easily.

Now, what happens to Melia is the real surprise.

IMO, with regards to Marth

I don't really find the gender thing to be a big spoiler. Like it's been said, it's revealed incredibly early on game wise, and even then, all you know is that there's a girl called Marth who was pretending to be a boy who seems to know what the future will entail. Now, revealing her connection to Chrom, her motivations, and where she came from, now those are major spoilers in my book.

It was supposed to be a surprise. I don't know how successful it was, though.

The girl is obviously very odd - inhumanly odd - and the game tells you her role at the beginning of the next area anyway. If you're following standard RPG character archetypes, the 'mysterious blue-haired secretly-an-angel waifu' isn't a new one. Considering her above-all attitude and the fact that a race called the 'High Entia' even exists, one can put it together easily.

Now, what happens to Melia is the real surprise.

This is true, but from some clarification on some stuff that she did (the fact that she has a headpiece that could not be removed for story reasons that covered her *ah-hem* wings, and the fact that the reveal was met with some amounts of shock when it happened) shows it was kind of meant to be a surprise. But yeah, I see what you mean, they didn't do a good job at hiding it.

But then again, Xenoblade might as well be Spoilers: The Game.

IMO, with regards to Marth

I don't really find the gender thing to be a big spoiler. Like it's been said, it's revealed incredibly early on game wise, and even then, all you know is that there's a girl called Marth who was pretending to be a boy who seems to know what the future will entail. Now, revealing her connection to Chrom, her motivations, and where she came from, now those are major spoilers in my book.

If you look at it as Dramatic Irony, though, it works perfectly. The audience is smart enough to figure it out early, but the characters on the stage are all still blundering around in the dark on the issue.

Edited by Eberict

If you look at it as Dramatic Irony, though, it works perfectly. The audience is smart enough to figure it out early, but the characters on the stage are all still blundering around in the dark on the issue.

Those silly protaganists! gee_wiz_emoticon.gif

I'm moreso referring to the fact that

If people noticed that "that girl" (or Lucina, rather) had similar features to "Marth", then they would know that it isn't Marth (although that's semi-obvious), and is infact, a girl posing as Marth, for the reason she chose to disguise herself. If people put together that she is in fact a girl, while it is revealed that she is a girl fairly early on (Ch. 6, if I recall) that's still a spoiler. Believe it or not, there are some people that don't know Marth is a girl (probably few, though, based on the people saying that stuff about Marth's voice being a big factor in this). Plus, if her identity really wasn't a spoiler, then why is the rest of this thread putting spoiler tags over anything to do with her?

Not trying to be rude, but there are people that think that is a spoiler.

But really, them putting things together is still just making an assumption and no confirmation until they actually find out in the game, therefore not making it a spoiler. Predicting something right is not spoiling yourself. I don't know who'd be disappointed that they predicted something right over actually feel proud that they guessed it right. Even if they connect the dots, they still know nothing about the character until they play the game. It's exactly like the official art. These arts give you the appearance of characters of who will join and can be considered spoilers depending on the person. Subjectively, yes, logically, no.

Edited by Pervio