Chapter 4 English Gameplay

Hirondelle

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else, but I figured I'd make a topic about it.

Name of the Chapter 3 boss is "Raimi."

Basilio -> Basilio (No change)

Philein -> Phila (That pegasus knight that guards Emmeryn)

Marth's weapon is called "Parallel Falchion."

Apparently, the rulers of Ferox are called "Khans." It also appears that they took out the names of the countries from the world map on the bottom screen (probably because the names aren't the same in the English translation, and they didn't want to make new ones lol)

In terms of gameplay...this guy was making me cringe. No healers? Using the Jeigan Oifey to kill multiple units/the boss? It just makes me want to play the game more haha.

In terms of gameplay...this guy was making me cringe. No healers? Using the Jeigan Oifey to kill multiple units/the boss? It just makes me want to play the game more haha.

He took out the healers because the only use he had for them (judging from the earlier videos) was to Lissatank all the enemies...

I heard that Sumia talks in this. Give me a time, because I'm lazy.

I think it's like, one line, and a grunt of pain that we heard in the official Nintendo trailer. :)

I think it's like, one line, and a grunt of pain that we heard in the official Nintendo trailer. :)

Nah, there's at least two, let me go looking...

11:50 "Could be trouble..."

12:32 "We can do it"

12:40 "Comin' through!"

And for Kellam

12:22 "there"

Hmm, now that I've had a better look, the dialogue is great like the rest we've seen, although I am starting to wonder if the localisers were a bit too thesaurus-happy.

Regna Ferox is a good reference IMO, because apparently "Regna" is another word for "Kingdoms". However, as a name, WTF is a Regna Ferox? "Feroxi" also looks a bit awkward--I wonder if plain "Ferox" would have worked, like "Daein" in FE9/10.

There's also one change that bothers me--Mad King Gangrel (originally "Foolish King"). I love how it's a reference to Ashnard, but I'm unsure if Ashnard and Gangrel are "mad" for the same reason... Oh well, I guess it depends on the language and I supppose both are total warmongers.

Well the person playing has never played FE before, so his gameplay is understandable. Now, I did like Sumia and Ricken's voice in this. They were really well done. Emmeryn's was good also. Looking forward to the review(?) that GameXplain will do next week.

There's also one change that bothers me--Mad King Gangrel (originally "Foolish King"). I love how it's a reference to Ashnard, but I'm unsure if Ashnard and Gangrel are "mad" for the same reason... Oh well, I guess it depends on the language and I supppose both are total warmongers.

Contextually, he's probably "mad" from the ?Ylissean? perspective.

There's also one change that bothers me--Mad King Gangrel (originally "Foolish King"). I love how it's a reference to Ashnard, but I'm unsure if Ashnard and Gangrel are "mad" for the same reason... Oh well, I guess it depends on the language and I suppose both are total warmongers.

I think the difference between both is that Gangrel is upset as to how his people were treated by Chrom, Emm and Lissa's father? Gangrel cares/cared about his countrymen, or at the very least, the country. His method's are still extreme for warmongering, where as Ashnard didn't give a damn about anybody from the start and the people of Daein, himself included, were expendable.

Mad King is also much more sinister. Foolish King just sounds silly. I am glad that the translators are going "thesaurus crazy" to add some flavour to what might otherwise be a very bland translation. If you are translating from a language with a fairly limited vocabulary like Japanese you need to take some liberties or you will end up with something that sounds like it is cut from a textbook.

Hmm, now that I've had a better look, the dialogue is great like the rest we've seen, although I am starting to wonder if the localisers were a bit too thesaurus-happy.

I feel the same way there.

His laugh and outfit is pretty authentic for that title in the language. I'm pretty okay with it.

Dunno. Personally, I think it's great - translations, looks, VAs and all... although I *do* prefer some of the Japanese voice actors... like for Ricken... and Chrom... and Lissa... Heck, for most of them. Not that I'm saying the English VAs are bad~ They're great, too.

yo guys, I don't want to ruin the plot by watching but can you guys give me times for when Sahl and Ricken speak? (If at all.)

I have a friend that wants to hear Sahl's voice.

Not like I've already spoiled enough about this game's plot by hanging around on this board anyway. Still, wanna save the good stuff for when I get the game.

Edited by MagicLeafy

I found all the voices great, and mostly fitting. I had been especially concerned in regards to what they would do for Sumia, but thankfully her voice is not a nail scraping against the chalkboard of my head.

I wonder why they skipped directly to Chapter 4, though.

(For the love of God, someone contact these guys and tell them to stop using Freddy so early on. No wonder Chrom and Avatar are still level 3 five maps in.)

yo guys, I don't want to ruin the plot by watching but can you guys give me times for when Sahl and Ricken speak? (If at all.) I have a friend that wants to hear Sahl's voice. Not like I've already spoiled enough about this game's plot by hanging around on this board anyway. Still, wanna save the good stuff for when I get the game.
Stahl isn't bought to the field, only Sully is. As for Ricken, you want from 19:52 onward. Maybe they skipped Chapter 3 to leave some stuff a surprise? It's only two weeks until the game is released. Two weeks. Gosh, that feels great to say, in comparison to one year.