Chapter 4 English Gameplay

Hirondelle

(For the love of God, someone contact these guys and tell them to stop using Freddy so early on. No wonder Chrom and Avatar are still level 3 five maps in.)

But he's such a great unit! He makes the game so easy, why wouldn't you use him!

Sarcasm aside, yeah that's what I was thinking while skipping around the video (as to not spoil a whole bunch. Sumia's voice seems pretty good.

Wow, the localization added some foreshadowing here.

"Who taught you to fight like that?"

"My father!"

*points to Chrom*

You didn't catch that the first time you played the game?

Why do you think Chrom asks who "Marth's" Father was on their boss battle quote?

I don't understand a lick of Japanese, when I played the game I just had a good ideal of where stuff was in menus... I don't even remember them talking when they fought (which brings up the question as to why they had lip movement but alas) :|

btw reason the guy is using the Hammer; it's your strongest axe at this point in the game

Edited by Lord Raven

What do you guys think of Lon'qu's voice? It's a bit disconcerting for me considering it's about as low as Basilio's. XD
I think I'll need to hear more of them when I play the game for myself, but yeah, that caught me off guard, too. Basilio is a lot more deep than what I was expecting. Lon'qu just sounds weird as though his voice is too deep for his body/appearance.

OH MY GOD THE GAMEPLAY IS MAKING ME CRYYYYYYYYYYY

He used the hammer against everything except the armors. Why.

WHYYYYYYYYYYY

RIGHT? If my roommate wasn't here I would've been yelling, "USE THE DAMN HAMMER." And then he didn't use the sword against the axe user. God. Damn. It.

Gah, I really like Emmeryn and Sumia's voices. Flavia and Basilio sound badass. Lon'qu... sounds a little weird with that deep a voice, but I'll get used to it. Ricken is alright.

(How can he continue to play so badly? Watching was painful. Surely, he's been getting, like, emails or something about proper FE strategy? Or at least, reading the Youtube comments? Does he not realize he's doing something very wrong?!)

Apparently it's his first FE game. It's a wallop of an FE to make your first game, because even I took a little while to get the hang of it.

Someone mentioned it before, but I think his exploratory game style--the kind that makes us scream at the screen for him to switch to different weapons and not employ the Lissatank--is excellent marketing! I have never wanted to play FOR MYSELF as badly as I do when I watch his videos.

That and it will let the other people who are starting out and blundering around similarly feel as though they aren't alone in their struggle.

Edited by Eberict

Sumia's voice is great. Much less squeaky than her Japanese voice.

Reconsidering my waifu now.

Flavia's voice sounds a lot like Miriel's. Is Tara Platt doing more than one voice?

Basilio's voice is...deeper than expected. As is Lon'qu's.

I'm kind of relieved Johnny Yong Bosch isn't doing Lon'qu's voice actually.

Ricken sounds like a kid going through puberty.

Edited by Frosty Fire Mage

Someone mentioned it before, but I think his exploratory game style--the kind that makes us scream at the screen for him to switch to different weapons and not employ the Lissatank--is excellent marketing! I have never wanted to play FOR MYSELF as badly as I do when I watch his videos.

That and it will let the other people who are starting out and blundering around similarly feel as though they aren't alone in their struggle.

...that might be the best idea marketing ever had, if it is true. I actually felt like trying to pull the damn 3ds out through my screen to play for myself.

...that might be the best idea marketing ever had, if it is true. I actually felt like trying to pull the damn 3ds out through my screen to play for myself.

I felt just the opposite. It was almost too hard to watch but this game looks amazing so I was able to watch the whole thing. If he was playing an older FE I would just quit watching it was so bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Flavia's voice sounds a lot like Miriel's. Is Tara Platt doing more than one voice?

yes Tara Platt is voicing both characters

<3 her work with Raine in TOS2(the game was crap but I loved her voicework), Nebilim from Tales of the Abyss, and Temari from Naruto