Army of MUs! (Opinions and suggestions appreciated!)

SlayeZ

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T_T I'm so sorry everyone! I was being a real jerk before, gushing about how I got the game, when some of you have to wait MONTHS to get it. You have my deepest sympathies, my buddies across the pond (and farther.) I hope you get yours soon, Chidokyo and Wheels!

@Murdok - Is GB maybe considering any world (or at least Europe) conquering? That would sure get everyone (primarily) speaking English. biggrin.gif

@Max - Hey! Depicting cops as always eating donuts is an insidious stereotype! If I become a cop and someone makes a crack like that, they're gonna get a punch in the groin! Oh, but I love donuts, what do I do?! Can't... conform...to stereotypes... any further...

AWWWW. *HUG*

AND YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CROSS OUT THE OTHER PART, NOT THE BEAUTIFUL. HOW DO YOU EVEN TALK TO GIRLS.

Shit yeah, let's go! BWAHAHAHA! ...WAIT. You need a cool Viking nickname first. Something the bards can sing about!

@Warg - Ugh, that really sucks, dude. I couldn't get the bundle (and have my own 3DS) cause of money problems too. At least I can still play the game though. *pats you on the back sympathetically*

Edited by Asura

@Intrier: WhatHaveIDone....lol if you're talking about the pectoral dance then yeah. I can do that, if you're talking about the bicep dance, no I cant do that. CANON MEANS THERE IS NO ROOM FOR IMAGINATION. STOPPERU. STOP RUINING IT WITH YOUR DERP. :(

Also, you might wanna erase the part about intrier and kisuke, they got passed the Bruce Lee part me thinks. UNLESS YOU'RE SAYING ALL ASIANS LOOK THE SAME. Racist.

You'veDoneEverything I don't even know which one it is anymore, but both are awesome. MY DERP SHALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS, THERE IS NO STOPPING IT

ALL ASIANS LOOK LIKE BRUCE LEE TO ME... EVEN MYSELF/bringingshametofamiru

Yooou sir are lucky, as is Tarquin and Asura... My Gamestops(there's three in my area) are giving me conflicting information, ones the 5th(the one I reserved at and I'll probably have to call today) and the other two are the 8th, bleh.

HAHAHA I DIDN'T REPLY TWO DAYS LATE, NOPE

I blame China town being in the red light district of Boston, and Mass having the flu everywhere

@ Warg

D: That sucks... Well... At least the bundle isn't limited edition, so there's always awhile later, right?

Edited by Intrier

Also, I have a second seal (I used one on me already) And I was wondering, should I promote

Donnel/Donny at lvl 17? or get him a bit higher before using it?

His status:

Villager LvL17

STR- 14

MAG- 6

SKL- 12

SPD- 16

LUK- 27

DEF- 10

RES- 5

Make him a Merc now and don't look back: that high luck can make Armstrift into his bread and butter.

So far, Myrmidon!Max is shaping up quite well...

Ugh, another three days until I finally get my copy x.x

I hadn't heard of any lag rumors, but just the fact I don't wanna go out and get a second card for bonus content is what's stopping me from doing that. Though, I might just say screw it and get it on friday if they decide to be jerks and delay it for another ANY amount of time.

I'm having some trouble building a flier tho and I'd like some input-- (yet another reason to give into the dark side~)

Sophia;; Support Flier

+Mag

-Str

Tactician--> Dark Mage --> Dark Knight --> Dark Flier

Dark Mage (1) Hex-- enemy avoid -15 to adjacent enemies

Dark Mage (10) Anathema-- avoid/avoid crit -10 to 3 tiles away

Dark Knight (15) Life Absorb-- User recovers 50% HP after they defeat an enemy during their turn

Dark Flier (1) Rally Movement-- all allies within 3 tiles get +1 movement for a turn

Dark Flier (15) Galeforce-- Allows the user another turn after defeating an enemy (once per turn)

Since a dark flier's max str vs mag is 36/42, I wanna say just dump lances in favor of magic. I suppose the only way Galeforce might be useful is if the unit she's paired with didn't finish the enemy off, she could act the turn after, defeat the unit, and use the next turn moving and switching back to the primary unit. That then leaves Life Absorb-- since she's not gonna be the primary unit in the pair she'll probably not need it-- but do you think it's good to have in favor of 'slow burn' (get +1 to avoid/hit every turn to a max of +15)?

oh, and for anyone who wants it--

FC: 3496-9707-7544

Edited by Raine

Chapter 6...Chrom is a Great Lord I should stop grinding ;-;
@Warg: I feels you bro. You should watch my video to quench that thirst for ZEE FIRE EMBLEM nawww jk, watching FE and playing it is 2 different things, since FE is all about personal preferences!

@Ashe: LOL so you're gonna be a cop...but before you get there you want to get all them illicit urges like robbing a bank and raping/pillaging villages out the way? Guess I could assist you in that wink.gif

And if you ever arrest me one day, you have to promise me WE ARE STOPPING FOR SOME DONUTS. C: If I'm going to jail, I might as well go on a full stomach cool.gif

I think I won that match :)

Wait Hold on...You...You're a girl!? *le gasp* :)

Well you see, If I'd told you that you were beautiful, I'd be lying. Because we know you're not beautiful, but gorgeous.

Hmmmm...You decide my viking name, AND MAKE SURE IT RHYMES WITH YOURS (makes it easier for the bards to vocalize our legendary raid across the continents!)

P.S IM GOING TO NEWYORK BROADWAY IN A MONTH OR 2!! :D

@Intrier: :( Racist. Yeahhh Gamestop fucked up big time! I'm so glad i drove 30minutes and paid 5 dollars extra. Totally worth it <333333

@Astra:
DID NOT REGRET IT AT ALL, Donny capped basically everything as a level 10 merc, so he is now a her0 ;)

@Dragoon: Nintendo needs to step their online department up like...three notches. First with an account based system instead of a system based...system.

Secondly Better online play,
For Example in KI:U You could never invite a friend to play with other people online. Instead you'd have to play CPUs or have 4 other friends added to do a full room...which kind of made it harder to set up a play session between rooms.
Another example would be brawl (though this game was one of the first online push for nintendo), where the only random online mode was FFA with items, thereby pushing away the competitive crowd. Didnt affect me much since I was a tourny fag and placed a bunch during the first year, but I can see how that would hinder people who didn't have time to social network. Third of all...FE:A lacking an online play mode AFTER Shadow Dragon is kinda...stupid. oh well.

Last thing they need to do is add a working Friend's system. I LOVE my Vita because of it's control, how it feels, that OLED screen, and most importantly it's connectivity. The instant voice chat, the ability to see your friend's progress, compare achievements, play together, video chat, send messages...it's all very fresh for a gaming dedicated handheld.

Sony has the right idea, it just lacks a strong Inhouse development team like Nintendo. If Nintendo had a PSN setup with Nintendo Network (they're working on it with MiiVerse I believe...minus achievements...which is kinda ehhh...) then they would draw in more people for sure.

@Raine: From what I've played so far, Pair-Up gives you such a good boost that I'd say do Life Absorb with Lightning battle. Just pair up with someone bulky and have things such as Late Initiative/Aegis/Pavise and Renewal/Sol b/c of what you said. Attack, Kill, Heal, Switch out and be completely safe.

It's a great system :)

And I'll add you, did you see my 3DS friend code or would you like me to repost?

Edited by SlayeZ

@Intrier: :( Racist. Yeahhh Gamestop fucked up big time! I'm so glad i drove 30minutes and paid 5 dollars extra. Totally worth it <333333

How can I be racist if I'm being racist to a race that I'm part of?/Raception. Haha I just got mine today, not allowed to play itI'm playing it anyways, I need to go cancel my game stop preorder now... I guess the art book isn't TOO big of a lossTotally worth the practically 20 skill I have now I got Rng screwed in everything but skill, and somehow I'm gaining defense.

My Unit

Intrier

Hp: 28

Str: 13

Mag: 10

Skill: 13

Spd: 12

Luk: 9

Def: 10

Res: 7

At level 14. Aaaand Sumia died so everything but skill went down by like... two, crap./RNGscrewed

I haven't trained Donny at all, poor guy. I've been grinding to a ridiculous extent too, so as to get everyone married before chapter 14 and build the supports I promised to transcribe.

I've been wondering if it's a sound idea to wait until Lv.20 to promote. Aren't you just raising your internal level, without the boon of working towards skills?

Here's Dark Mage Knight Tarquin now. Lv. 34. Doing well enough... I think.

fbfa2ba2-3e1d-418a-9cda-5506d7c25eb8_zps7a73a2e9.jpg

I resent that comment. I don't outsource my torture, thank you.

Blashemy! None is classier than Virion.

Hiimdaisy?

@Intrier - That Avatar doesn't look too bad. Thankfully, you have as many level ups as you wish, eh? (Sumia died and you didn't reset? emo10.gif)

@Raine - While I think making the Avatar into a supporter is a bit of a waste, you've clearly made up your mind - so I may as well attempt to be helpful, eh?

Slow Burn really isn't a good ability - at all. The return (+15 Hit and Avoid) is negligible, and you have to wait 15 turns to get the full effect. Lifetaker would only be very situationally useful in your case. You may want to opt out of Dark Knight and go Grandmaster instead, for Rally Spectrum. I'm also not sure if Hex and Anathema work when the unit that has them is doubling someone else, so you may want to look into that beforehand.

Valkyrie's Support Boost+ and Great Knight's Support Block+ look like good skills, but again, I'm not certain if they work when you're doubling, or being doubled (or both.)

...I apologize, I'm not too knowledgeable on all the mechanics. Perhaps ask on the "I Just Want to Know One Thing..." thread?

You guys are making me jelly XD

And I am now sad at the Streetpass region locking, I can't do both play with my characters and play with everyone! D: Unless..I change up my plans! Yes :D

NA copy for a full support conversation library, and EU copy for Avatar playthroughs! Hmmm....I must hit the planning board...

@SlayZ

yup, saw your code and took the liberty of adding you already~

@Tarquin

Well, it wouldn't be the FIRST unit I make, that's for certain. This would be one of the later units I make for a later playthrough-- make the MU, get her in the compendium, buy her into a new game with a different MU and build them both from the ground up in one go.

Yeah, 15 turns for 15 really is a long time-- I like the idea of support block with the great knight seeing as support boost doesn't work too well seeing as two MUs can't support... I didn't choose rally spectrum because I'm not sure yet if using the command will end the unit's turn or not. If it does, it'll waste both unit's turns and leave the weaker of the two units exposed-- I'd really only take it if it was a free action that I could use at the start of the turn... not to mention I have no idea how stupidly the computer would use such a skill for a StreetPass =__=''

The first Character I make will probably be my Stratigest class-- Tactician->Dark Mage->Sorcerer->Grandmaster

+Magic

-Luck

Hex

Anathema

Solidarity

Rally Spectrum

Ignis

Kinda like the flier idea only more geared toward Offensive-Support. He should be fully skilled by level 45 (lowest of any of my other plans) not to mention fits me and my personality to a T (though I'd rather see myself as a swordmaster xD).

Okay so my Avatar is a 14/1 Grandmaster right now.

HP: 34

Str: 17

Mag: 21

Skill: 15

Spd: 15

Lck: 12

Def: 15

Res: 11

+Mag / -Def

I'm pretty much surprised at how def-blessed I am, for a supposedly squishy mage. It's hilarious ;o

I'm not sure how I'm going to muster the patience for when I reclass myself into a Priest for its skills.

Argh... My internet browser wouldn't stay open when I was trying to reply... And now it ate all images, great.

I haven't trained Donny at all, poor guy. I've been grinding to a ridiculous extent too, so as to get everyone married before chapter 14 and build the supports I promised to transcribe.

I've been wondering if it's a sound idea to wait until Lv.20 to promote. Aren't you just raising your internal level, without the boon of working towards skills?

Here's Dark Mage Knight Tarquin now. Lv. 34. Doing well enough... I think.

I resent that comment. I don't outsource my torture, thank you.

Blashemy! None is classier than Virion.

<s>Hiimdaisy?</s>

@Intrier - That Avatar doesn't look too bad. Thankfully, you have as many level ups as you wish, eh? (Sumia died and you didn't reset? )

Actually I did reset because of that… and managed to get three almost perfect level ups after that :D

Wow, seems like you're having a ton of fun Q_Q Anyway who'd pick as your S support?

I picked Lon'qu, his voice and supports got me xD

You guys are making me jelly XD

And I am now sad at the Streetpass region locking, I can't do both play with my characters and play with everyone! D: Unless..I change up my plans! Yes :D

NA copy for a full support conversation library, and EU copy for Avatar playthroughs! Hmmm....I must hit the planning board...

Wait… Street pass is region locked? Awh man… I was going to try and street pass people in China when I went back there.

Okay so my Avatar is a 14/1 Grandmaster right now.

HP: 34

Str: 17

Mag: 21

Skill: 15

Spd: 15

Lck: 12

Def: 15

Res: 11

+Mag / -Def

I'm pretty much surprised at how def-blessed I am, for a supposedly squishy mage. It's hilarious ;o

I'm not sure how I'm going to muster the patience for when I reclass myself into a Priest for its skills.

Try abusing the Champions of Yore DLC. Send out a squishy character and have your Priest!Avatar heal up even the slightest bit of hp… Course, this might require a few heals/mends/physics and a lot of gold, but it works rather fast and helps you get exp for two or more characters. Four if you bring in two squishys, Avatar, and Olivia, Olivia to dance for Avatar to allow him to heal both characters./shot'd

Whee I beat the game yesterday :D Here are my stats, I went 20/20/20/13 Tactician, Pegi. Knight, Dark flier, and then Assassin

Intrier

Hp: 74

Str: 42

Mag: 30

Skill: 52

Spd: 46 +2

Lck: 36

Def:25

Res:16

I was going to go back to Falcon knight or Dark flier to fix my resistance, but then I kind of saw the skill caps for the other classes, only Sniper and Bow knight wouldn't cap my skill but it'd lower it by nearly 10 points.

I also have Gale force, Lethality, Speed +2, Solidarity, and Relief :D

Edited by Intrier

I haven't been here in so long because I've had like no free time these days because I've been playing Awakening constantly. Glad to see most people have managed to get their game by now!

Asura is now a maxed out Warrior w/Galeforce, Sol, Luna, Renewal, and Aegis. And I'm still on chapter 16... so much grinding. Very likely to have at a skill activate every attack and practically invincible. Whahaha! Suck it, Streetpass bit- aw man, no one here has the game. T_T. Married Gregor, because he's too funny, and red-haired holy-shit-look-at-that-strength Morgan.

Also, Swordmaster Olivia's like, the third strongest person in my army, behind Avatar and Morgan. Wow. Who knew the moe pink-haired dancer had it in her? I didn't grind her up significantly more than anyone else, either. Hard difficulty enemy Swordmasters, Heroes, Snipers, etc. = 0% hit chance. 8D

@Max- Nah, now is just for fun. I'm totally gonna be one of those corrupt cops who takes bribes and uses her position to cover up her crimes. ...Quit looking at me like that. /joking. I AM JUSTICE.

Haha, you beat me with a hug! I'm going to call you Max the Carebear from this point forth. ...Hey, I think I just found your nickname! Carebear Max and Ashe the Harbinger of Despair.

OHMYGOD, WE TOTALLY HAVE TO MEET UP, YO! I'll be the best damn tour guide ever, and K will make you one of those drinks you've been talking about so much. Are you coming for school, or a vacation, or what?

Oi! Where's my drawing, hermano?! Seriously hurting my feelings, here...

BTW, today was K's birthday, so send her lotsa gifts!.

@SlayeZ

So, how's my picture coming along? I don't mean to sound rude or impatient, but it has been a while since you said that you can fix it.

Anyway, I guess I can talk about how my avatar is doing,

Lv 20/3 Grandmaster(I'm staying with this class until I reach lv 15, then the reclass chain will begin)

HP: 39

Str:21

Mag: 17

Skill: 24

Spd: 18

Lck: 15

Def: 19

Res:16

Asset: Skill

I changed the flaw from magic to luck.

Planned class route:

Tactician-> Grandmaster-> Dark Knight-> Swordmaster-> Great Knight-> Paladin

Planned skills:

Rally Spectrum(place holder for limit breaker)

Aegis(place holder for Res +10)

Lifetaker(replaces formerly planned Sol)

Astra*

Luna*

*I plan to replace one with quick slash, but I don't know what to give up, does any one have any suggestions?

Edited by RayDavid99

@RayDavid99

Ohh, how interesting.

I assume you're planning to grind a lot to reach all those promoted reclasses.

With my Avatar, I made the mistake of promoting too early without much grinding dedicated to myself, in contrast to the time spent on say, the children characters.

I beat the game with a 14/15/15 Sage with +Mag -Def.

Class path: Tactician -> Grandmaster -> Sage

HP: 59

Str: 20

Mag: 43+5

Skill: 25

Spd: 30

Lck: 25

Def: 24

Res: 22

Skills: Veteran, Rally Spectrum + Magic, Ignis, Tomefaire

My offense is near cap, but everything else suffers. In comparison to other units I've reclassed at tier 1 and then promoted, I'm way behind on stats. Either way, I'm still decent. Just not broken. 3:

On my next playthrough I plan to mess around with reclassing more before I promote myself. :u

I also think that you should probably replace Luna with Quick Slash for now. I feel that Luna is only slightly more situational than Astra, as enemies have varying degrees of defense. Astra is a bit more consistent with its damage output, plus it grants more chances for a critical. Although if enemies have Counter, I'd definitely keep Luna instead.

At the moment, I'm at Chapter 16, haven't done any children Paralogues yet though. Kinda want to get Galeforce for the boys whi can get it, but...grinding, man...

I just spent the first 11 chapters grinding furiously for supports cause I accidentally got Sumia to C with Chrom, my patience for these supports aren't so good XD Literally everyone in my army is promoted at the moment, and they all promoted at 15+. Nowi, Donnel, Olivia and Panne got class changed after they hit 15 in their base classes, then promoted after 15 in those classes (This was all before buyable Master Seals OTL) so they're kinda beastly.

Now most of em are about level 5-6 promoted (Except myself, I went to Dark Flier at Lvl 15 Grandmaster), and I'm gonna start looking into how powerful the skirmishes are out on Valm XD

EDIT: Now that I'm out of that skirmish, stats! XD

20 Tactician -> 15 Grandmaster -> 1 Dark Flier

HP: 42

Str: 23

Mag: 30

Skl: 25

Spd: 28

Lck: 13

Def: 18

Res: 25

Res+/Lck-

Edited by Wheels