TLP LTC Run

ThatGuyDownTheStreet

So apparently I misplaced my text document that had my turn counts for the drafts I was doing, so I'm going to have to start those over again. But for now, I'll do this. Won't have too many limitations, just the ones below:

-Have to get all Gaiden chapters except 7x 'cause you can't get it in V2.0

-Have to do the 7 Secrets Sidequest and Shon's Sidequest
-Aiming for the lowest turn count

I don't really feel like doing any other limitations, especially since this is a hack.

EDIT:

Starts here: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=37181&page=2#entry2572208

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

The newest patch will likely make this easier

The boots will likely be important here as will be choosing high-move units of course

also chapter 27 is going to be a pain if you really want to get the 7 secrets >_<'

Ah yes, true. Did not realize that at first, but it's all part of the game. I'm thinking about giving the Boots to Anakin, though I'll have to see how things go. Also, do you think the newest patch will be coming out within the next month? 'Cause if there's a possibility, I might play that patch instead. (I'm assuming this is the one with supports and Lyam's EXP gain getting fixed.) If not, that's fine, I'll just keep using this patch.

TBH, TLP is nice on paper because 4 fliers and 2 cavvies earlygame as well as Asch for bosskilling.

Hell, I'd even say that all of them are useful, but I hatehatehate doing Sieg mode over and over.

Shon could probobly have used the Sieg mode boosters tho.

Also, do you think you'll be using Mark? He's not exactly ferryable, but he does have decent growths, alright bases, better caps than Shuuda/Asch, and can take anything reasonable for his level.

I mean, terrain walk, combat, and all that.

TBH, TLP is nice on paper because 4 fliers and 2 cavvies earlygame as well as Asch for bosskilling.

Hell, I'd even say that all of them are useful, but I hatehatehate doing Sieg mode over and over.

Shon could probobly have used the Sieg mode boosters tho.

Also, do you think you'll be using Mark? He's not exactly ferryable, but he does have decent growths, alright bases, better caps than Shuuda/Asch, and can take anything reasonable for his level.

I mean, terrain walk, combat, and all that.

It really depends on the situation. I'm definitely going to be using Asch since Logan sucks and the chapter that you recruit him in is way harder than the one with Asch. If I can get him going to a good point, I would definitely consider using him. I'm not so worried about ferrying him because I could just ferry someone else since there are plenty of people that could be ferried over to the boss. One of the great things I like about LTC runs is that if someone gets RNG screwed a lot you can still probably replace that unit. (Unless it's like Anakin, in which case I'm really screwed.)

I personally like the boots on Anakin because he's a unit that can make other units move again and thus tends to fall behind when advancing quickly, and is also required to seize various maps though at some point you can use Sieg and Kelik as well (also rescuing is nice but it takes up another turn for them to refresh so the benefit of bypassing various terrain has to be 2 turns or more for it to be a better strat IMO... not sure if that makes sense *shrug* not really a pro tactician myself)

I personally like the boots on Anakin because he's a unit that can make other units move again and thus tends to fall behind when advancing quickly, and is also required to seize various maps though at some point you can use Sieg and Kelik as well (also rescuing is nice but it takes up another turn for them to refresh so the benefit of bypassing various terrain has to be 2 turns or more for it to be a better strat IMO... not sure if that makes sense *shrug* not really a pro tactician myself)

Definitely not going to be giving the boots to Siegfried for somewhat obvious reasons. The biggest thing about Anakin is with those Seize and Multi-Seize chapters, I'm going to want him to have high mobility. Of course, I can ferry him over to the seize point, but his Motivate and Staff Utility really helps, so movement is definitely important. IDK yet, the boots don't come until Chapter 12, so I'm not going to concentrate on them just yet.

I gave my Boots to Kelik when going for turns.

I'm fairly sure that I ended up breaking the game with killing Cia before her event went off in chapter 14 with him and Asch.

I don't believe there is any event involving Asch and Cia. Maybe you're referring to something?

Definitely give the boots to Anakin

I currently find this statement to be agreeable.

^you hope for that in the first place? :P

@confusion thingy

I think he meant that he killed Cia in chapter 14 before she moved by pushing with Kelik and Asch, map-wise

I sort of just acknowledge that it exists, but I don't truly hope for it. So I guess I just mean that it happens more than it should. And I finally understand what was meant with Cia's thing, thanks.

Boots!Dancers kinda stagnate after the first few turns.

Now Boots!OP combat lord is another thing and Boots!Combat Flyer/Early Cavvy is another.

I see what you're saying, combat prioritizes over utility. I have to think this all through before I make this decision, but I get where this is all going. I've been mainly playing a lot of FE11 so I have been feeling as if Seizing is the most important thing, but I guess not necessarily in this game.

Definitely give the boots to Anakin

Misspelled Kelik imho. Later chapters so much easier when he can take the point and the rest of your team lags behind (and seriously he is godly on 24-27, especially 24... you can clear it before Haas et. al. show up). Also he can insta-use them in that chapter after Althares picks them up and IIRC that saves a turn there too.

Also I wouldn't bother with Asch even though you want that map (Logan's is stupid and unnecessary pain and he sucks) because it will cost you turns to recruit him. Just rush Karina to the boss pretty much (don't remember if you need to seize, if so than rescuedrop Anakin obv). Just use Shuuda, he's solid.

Edited by zahlman

• 6 months later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4hZ5FYB7tI&feature=youtu.be

Few questions:

1) Can you beat Cid w/o a game over?

2)Is 7x available in V2.0?

3)Is there a multi-lord seize function in this game?

4)In Zach and Lirin's debut chapter, can you talk to the leader w/ anyone other than Anakin?

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet

Yes

No

Yes

No

Respectively

More details:

- it's been updated yes, you actually get an extra pair of boots if you beat him IIRC

- sorry it's glitched it will be fixed soon... I keep saying that anyhow but I'm super busy ATM so >_>;

- yes, the 3 main characters, Siegfried, Kelik, and Anakin can all seize. No, Shon cannot seize, he is not a main character IMO or at the very least not a commander of the army

- nope, Kelik is too busy stroking his ego to talk to them and you don't have Sieg at that point leaving only Anakin (only a commander really makes sense IMO though I guess you could have a very generic conversation with any character or something)